U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 10:41 AM

28 posts, read 41,102 times

Advertisements

We are hoping to retire to the MB area. Where are home prices most reasonable. Would consider neighboring areas. Any info most appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,136,062 times
Here an article for you to read & consider... it was in today's paper and may help those who are considering buying real estate along the Grand Strand.

Banks reel from real estate deals in Myrtle Beach area - Local - TheSunNews.com (http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1189762.html - broken link)

If you have the cash for a down payment & the ability to get a job or can live self sufficiently down here, there are some very attractive deals.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:17 PM

4,286 posts, read 13,367,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little River girl View Post
We are hoping to retire to the MB area. Where are home prices most reasonable. Would consider neighboring areas. Any info most appreciated.
What price range are you interested in? How far inland are you willing to go? This info. would help with suggestions. Compared to where some of us came from, a lot of the areas are reasonable but some of them are not places we would want to live. Maybe give us a little more detail of what you are looking for.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,136,062 times
I always get a kick out of the "Should we move here?" posts. We cannot tell you where to move to. We can answer specific questions about a specific area, taxes, insurance, shopping etc. We can offer suggestions if we are given specific information on what or where you are looking for. I am not trying to be rude, the folks on these forums like to help but need some input in order to give the best information.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:11 PM

7 posts, read 8,804 times
Default Myrtle Beach is a good place to live

My wife and I are retired educators from Ohio. We spend 4-5 months each yr in MB, could easily live there but two daughters and a grandchild are in Ohio. I suggest the area from 69th Ave N to 77th Ave N in MB. You can get a nice condo within 2-3 blocks of ocean for 110----140,000 or can get a beautiful place for slightly more. The climate has three seasons, very little, if any real winter. The Porcher Dr area is nice, and is 2 blocks to the ocean---easy access to restaurants, stores, pharmacy, et al. My place is for sale on Porcher Dr for 109,500---fully furnished, 2, 1.5. We bought a different condo while prices are still down. My place was at 170,000 5 years ago, you can see the downturn. We love it there---sunshine, exercise, beach, good food, nice people. Do not let people talk you out of MB because of traffic---in-season just go to the grocery by 11:00 a m and walk the beach from 5 to 9 pm while tourists are eating and clogging the highways.

Last edited by Global Friend; 12-22-2009 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: no advertising

Old 12-28-2009, 11:46 AM

5,183 posts, read 13,299,098 times
Barefoot Resort is a lovely community in N. Myrtle....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area