Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:51 PM

46 posts, read 104,043 times

Advertisements

I am researching the area from afar, here in California. I was hoping a local could help me. Online I see many condos and vacation rentals and I am aware it is a resort area. However, I was hoping to find a spot where I could rent a small house, beach house, even if it outside the area in a neighboring town. I will be teaching in Horry county so no longer than say a 30 mile commute outside the general area. I don't need a huge vacation rental type place, just a one or two bedroom, (ideally a "saltbox").
I wrealy welcome any information about the area!
Thanks!
lesley..still trying to get east
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 12:52 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,887,621 times
Seaweed,
I think we would need a little more information like .... Where in Horry County will you be teaching? What is your budget? Are you looking to be near the beach? Are you looking to be in the thick of it or somewhere a little quieter? More info would be helpful

Old 01-10-2010, 01:01 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,025 posts, read 6,526,838 times
I have seen several small homes like you seek advertised (via road signs) around the courner from us in Murrells Inlet. On Tournament Blvd. to be more specific. However, at the moment, we are in SW Florida. Will be back in SC in a week. I will keep my eyes open for more information then (hopefully I will remember).

Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM

137 posts, read 574,837 times
The conway area is less expensive generally.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:53 PM

I will be working in the myrtle beach area but don't want to be in the "thick of it" I would love to be near the beach but realize it may not be possible, I would like to keep my rent lower between 800-900 a month, and also I will not be coming until August so this is more a fishing expedition as they say. I am wondering what areas I should be looking in, what small towns etc. My dream is to have a small beach box but , again don't know how likely this is..

Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 PM

56 posts, read 180,799 times
I do not live there but I do know traffic is a night mare durring tourist seasons and spring breaks..

Murrells Inlet is awesum and rents can be low inland or waterfront in winter months.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:08 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,887,621 times
Seaweed,
I just recently moved here so there are many others who can tell you much much much more than I can. I agree with tmozer and jp9nine9 regarding Murrells Inlet and I personally prefer the areas South of Myrtle Beach. Quite frankly there is something I like about every area I have seen from Myrtle Beach to Pawley's Island. This makes narrowing it down for myself very difficult and giving advise almost impossible. What I can tell you is, from what I have seen, the farther South you go the less hectic it is.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:05 AM

245 posts, read 760,458 times
I live in Murrells Inlet in prince creek ....less than five min to the beach.Small community that has every amenity... around 1500 sq foot easy to get for under a thousand a month. I have two pools and walking area, playground,weight room,gated,etc.I love my neighborhood! My husband works in town and it takes 15 minutes in the morning and about 30 in the afternoon to get home.Very easy drive....by the next summer you will figure out all the tricks or the roadways.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:22 AM

hmmm my post vanished, I'll try again... Thanks for all the responses, I think this i sgoing to be very challenging! I have heard that M I is packed in the spring and summer with tourists and a bike rally. I am coming from a big tourist area so I get it and don't want to be around it!, well at least as little as possible I guess I am looking for an older established neighborhood where single family houses still are. A place to get away from it all at the end of the day, someplace relatively private, , I am thinking north of MB seems to be less crowded?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:36 AM

P.S does anyone know how far the commute is from Georgetown to MB?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area