Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:17 AM

245 posts, read 761,510 times

Advertisements

It was Fresh Market.....which I love.....they made it to the second reading but pulled out before the final. I would think it would be great in this area.Hopefully they will reconsider at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 AM

540 posts, read 1,678,475 times
Ah ok, thanks for the info. Next time we're down that way we'll have to stop for lunch to check it out. I think the area would do well with a nice store like Whole Foods, but like you said, the economy probably nixed that idea for now.
Never heard of Fresh Market, tho. Is that a southern chain?

Old 03-06-2010, 03:20 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pburgess68 View Post
Never heard of Fresh Market, tho. Is that a southern chain?
Yeah, I think they are originally out of NC but don't know how much they've expanded. They're nice, if you're into that healthy, fresh thing. I've never been in a Whole Foods, so I can't compare. Check out Pasteria if you get a chance. If you like Italian, I'll bet you'll like it.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:04 PM

540 posts, read 1,678,475 times
My great grandmother was born in Italy and that's the only type of food she ever knew how to prepare lol.

Whole Foods is awesome! They have fruits, veggies (both organic and not), meats, wine, cheeses, groceries, all kinds of flour (I love to bake bread for us and dog biscuits for our pooch) and grains, a bakery, coffee section, and some freshly prepared foods. Earth Fare has similar things, and their meats are a bit cheaper in price. In fact, around the holidays they offer turkey around .69/lb or so.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:00 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,872,764 times
Hi gang. PD, sorry to contradict you because you are usually dead-on with all of your information but I'm going to have to disagree with you on Pasteria 811. DH and I went there on the recommendation of the forum and it was not a good experience. We won't be going back there. The service was painfully slow and the restaurant was not even 1/3 filled. They were out of their version of bruchetta. We were really looking forward to an authentic caesar salad but there was nothing close to that on the menu. The sauce on my fettucine alfredo did taste homemade and my entree was above average. But based on the comments on the forum in multiple threads I had really high expectations for an authentic meal. I do have to say the homemade bread was crusty and good....that was probably the best part of the experience. The group of diners next to our table were continually asking where their waiter disappeared to - we had a separate waitress who was missing in action as well. Hey, maybe they were somewhere together? That table sent back their pizza because it was cold and they were complaining amongst themselves about the place. A good dinner out is a nicely anticipated treat and I didn't want anyone else to be disappointed as we were. Anyone know what happened to Finnochios by chance? There was a fire and a note on the door saying they would reopen but there is a for lease sign out front? That place wasn't phenomenal but it was well above average and beat Pasteria by a long shot in our estimation.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:47 PM

Tinabean, sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We ate lunch there this week and had no complaints. Their service is usually "relaxed", but I know that's very different than slow, and I, too, do not have much tolerance for bad service. I'm not a caesar salad fan, so it's never occurred to me to look for one there. Their standard salad is topped with marinated abruzzi tomatoes, which I think is some of the best vegetable-looking thing I've ever eaten. Repeated requests for the recipe always bring nothing but a smile. Still, sorry it didn't work out for you. That's puzzling and disappointing.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:29 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
I am surprised and sorry to hear that, too. It's one of my favorites.

PD, I agree about the tomatoes. Sometimes I just order a salad to go for lunch. Delicious.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
PD, I agree about the tomatoes. Sometimes I just order a salad to go for lunch. Delicious.
Good stuff, and addictive!!

If I could get the recipe, I could sell nickle bags on the corner!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:11 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,001 times
Default Let there be steak!

I need to revive this thread because I am looking for something specific. Which of these places, or possibly one not listed, would be the best (kid friendly) place to get a big slab of plain old steak? I have a lot riding on this one. I took my husband out for father day so he could get a steak he didn't have to cook himself and, let's just say, taking him to McDonalds would have been a step up. His birthday is on Thursday and I need to redeem myself! HELP!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:26 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
How much redeeming do you want to do? Big time redeeming would be Ruth's Chris. Middle of the road redeeming would be Gordon Birsch or J. Edward's. Can't vouch for the kid friendly part, but the steak at Ruth's Chris is as good as you will get anywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area