Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 12:10 PM

4 posts, read 20,354 times

Advertisements

I'm 26. I've got a potential job opening in Naples.

From what I hear, Naples is quite the senior city.

I don't need "nightlife", but similarly aged people would be nice.

Will I want to kill myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 04:16 AM

286 posts, read 1,029,320 times
I'm a student a hair younger than you and share your reservations about moving to Naples. See my thread about FGCU night owl schedule.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 PM

79 posts, read 289,942 times
ehh there oldies here but its all about networking..im 32

Old 07-17-2010, 11:32 AM

16 posts, read 50,017 times
OMG dude you are going to have such a hard time finding cool people to chill with. I lived in naples for 3 years because of my job, but if it wasn't for that I would loooong gone. There are very very few people under 30 it seems. My guy friend who was a wealthy 30 something always complained about how he could never find a decent woman his own age. I am in my mid-20s and me and my boyfriend only had a couple of friends, and they were older. Young people in Naples seem to be either trust fund babies or very poor. The wannabe "cool" people or people that want to hook up, go to the Mercato area at night. You will find many hot chicks and old men leering at them. Good luck.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 AM

320 posts, read 1,129,622 times
29 year old male here....

As others have said, there are young people in Naples but they can sometimes be hard to find. I'd suggest joining something to meet people. This could be a professional networking thing, a bowling league, volleyball or dodgeball team, etc. Even if you have to shoot up 75 to Fort Myers, that's not that long of a drive to have a good time and meet people.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:16 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
My daughter was in her 30s when she moved here. To quote her, "All I see are OLD PEOPLE". She moved after 4 months. If you want to move to Florida, go to a bigger city if you are young.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:38 AM

57 posts, read 111,654 times
I'm in my 20 and I find myself doing things constantly.. Try places like The Pub in Mercato, 5th ave has resturants that turn into Clubs around 10 pm. When I go to farmers markets, resturants or any functions I constantly find myself chatting up with people my age. If all else fails Ft. Myers beach is a short jump away and if even that fails Miami is one small toll and a short drive across the ally. There is NO WAY you can tell me Naples is all old people. If that was the case we wouldn't have a water park, MANY parks for kids, a zoo, a skate park. The old people aint the ones having kids. The 20-30 year old are tho. We had the skate hall turned into a bingo hall over 15 years ago and people are still hung up on it (believe me THAT was the only thing to do in Naples 15 year ago).

What they dont' mention is Germain arena 2 exits away has ice skating, ice hockey games and frequently hosts events like wresting, concerts and shows of all sorts. Right across the street at Miramar they host water skiing shows and fireworks on their lakes. We're talking a drive thats 15 mins out of Naples. We have Red Sox Spring training yearly and they're building a Fenway Replica in Ft. Myers. When thats not on they have other baseball games, fireworks and concerts at the ball park. In season forget it. The town is constantly hosting holiday parades, or concerts downtown, festival of lights haunted houses..the list goes on. I see the same people complaining about nothing to do and I find myself wondering if they're even making the effort of if perhaps they're just never happy with anything that is put on by the town cause its now "up north" so therefore never good enough cause its not how they do it up there..hmmmm

Gulf Coast University is 2 exits away and with the opening of Ave Maria more and more young people are flocking to Naples. If you sit in ur house and mope and whine and complain you'll never get out and meet people.. If you just sit and complain its too hot to do anything or whatever then yah its pretty boring. Hit up the beach anytime during the summer, I promise u the younger people outnumber the older people mid day... You will find PLENTY of people ur age around here.

Last edited by Fingerprint_me; 07-23-2010 at 08:49 AM..

Old 06-25-2011, 03:01 PM

4 posts, read 14,168 times
Wanna play Volleyball just for fun? Search for "Indoor Volleyball at Fort Myers" on Facebook. We will be playing on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday nights from 7:00-9:00 pm at Volleyfrog Florida Club in Fort Myers. Everyone is WELCOME! Here's the address: 14241 Jetport Loop W. Fort Myers Florida 33913.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:59 PM

43 posts, read 214,322 times
I am 30 and moving to the area next month. Let's get together!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples