U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-14-2011, 12:43 PM
 
18 posts, read 29,533 times
Reputation: 11
Default Park Shore opinions anyone?

Would love to hear opinions about the Park Shore area in Naples...Interested in a single family home in this area, but wondered about general ideas of this neighborhood. I know there are many condos, but really more interested in a house.

We are 50s just looking for part-time home investment, but re-sell is important.

Any ideas about the Moorings area? Is this an older area, would you consider it well maintained?

Any other comparable areas north of Park Shore that might be better investment? Feel free to mention any develpments that are gated communities with golf options.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Olde Naples
256 posts, read 363,368 times
Reputation: 95
You couldn't ask for nicer neighborhoods. Good areas in every way. Moorings Country Club has a golf course. Check which street you're looking on, some are heavier trafficked than others. If you're seasonal, and the house you're looking at has a pool, look for a Southern exposure. Keeps you out of a cold N wind.

Google Earth is your friend in over viewing both areas.

Beth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 03:07 PM
 
18 posts, read 29,533 times
Reputation: 11
Default "cold N wind"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Mone` View Post
You couldn't ask for nicer neighborhoods. Good areas in every way. Moorings Country Club has a golf course. Check which street you're looking on, some are heavier trafficked than others. If you're seasonal, and the house you're looking at has a pool, look for a Southern exposure. Keeps you out of a cold N wind.

Google Earth is your friend in over viewing both areas.

Beth
I love this reference to the cold N wind as I survey the still-here-8 inches-of-snow that I am finding so annoying! Makes looking at Park Shore even better!

Thanks for the info, would love to find a home that backs up to the Moorings golf course, just for the gorgeous view.

What about a small home in olde naples that might have a little guest house on the property? Are those ever available?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM
 
92 posts, read 120,694 times
Reputation: 42
Hi MsNurse!

Yes, Park Shore, Moorings, & Old Naples are excellent areas. West of 41 and South of Pine Ridge Road is ideal.

Old Naples houses with guest houses do come up for sale pretty often, but are pricey. No new guest houses have been built since the 1960's when new construction of guest houses was prohibited but existing ones were grandfathered in. Here are a few current listings:

John R Wood :: Naples Florida Real Estate :: Bonita Springs and SW Florida Real Estate

John R Wood :: Naples Florida Real Estate :: Bonita Springs and SW Florida Real Estate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 04:50 AM
 
Location: Florida
2,060 posts, read 3,677,210 times
Reputation: 974
Any are west of 41 in the City of Naples is nice. The Moorings are older homes (by Naples standards) and that area is full of snowbirds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2011, 02:43 PM
 
18 posts, read 29,533 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckford View Post
Hi MsNurse!

Yes, Park Shore, Moorings, & Old Naples are excellent areas. West of 41 and South of Pine Ridge Road is ideal.

Old Naples houses with guest houses do come up for sale pretty often, but are pricey. No new guest houses have been built since the 1960's when new construction of guest houses was prohibited but existing ones were grandfathered in. Here are a few current listings:

John R Wood :: Naples Florida Real Estate :: Bonita Springs and SW Florida Real Estate

John R Wood :: Naples Florida Real Estate :: Bonita Springs and SW Florida Real Estate

Oh my, Beckford...I LOVE, LOVE 8th ave! What a great property, alas...out of my price range, but a lovely setting for the right buyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2011, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Mtns of Waynesville,NC & Nokomis, FL
2,407 posts, read 2,940,867 times
Reputation: 2485
Moorings Country Club: very nice clubhouse, very good food, lovely setting.
The homes surrounding it are 'older', but very fine in appearance. The only
slight consideration is the MCC is a very short, 'executive' track of ~3600 yds,
rating of 59/slope is 88. It is very well landscaped and a tight, shot practice
track. My in-laws belong, and we play it and dine there several times a season.

But, if you are used to 5-6,000 yds on a 'regular' course, the MCC isn't it.
GL, mD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 PM
 
92 posts, read 120,694 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnurse View Post
Oh my, Beckford...I LOVE, LOVE 8th ave! What a great property, alas...out of my price range, but a lovely setting for the right buyer.
I love it too! I looked at this one 10 years ago when it was for sale by owner at $340K, but was a little intimidated by all the work involved. The folks who bought it did a great job rennovating and adding personality... so cute. I get to drool past it all the time since I work on 8th Ave. :-) The only downside is there is a fire station right next door... could be a savings in insurance though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top