U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-28-2011, 06:12 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,104,163 times
Default Southernmost Extreme Cowboy Club Competition

Through one of the photography clubs I belong to, I have just volenteered to attend this event on 2/19 and take digital images for the club and members. I know nothing about it except that there will be lots of horses and riders. Anyone here involved or know anything about the club or event? If so, clue me in please so I can be as prepared as possible.

The event takes place at the Everglades Ranch on Newman, Naples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 06:28 PM

76 posts, read 77,314 times
Well I have heard of the club, but have not ever attended one of there comps/get - togethers.

But if it is anything like the others I have been to, then it will be one of two things

1) Think of something like an obstacle course. It's a way to test their horses and the horses training, for things like stepping over, under, on top of logs, loud moving bags, sprinklers, balance boards so on... Some even have water holes that the horse must cross, etc..
If this is the case, keep in mind you will be moving around A-LOT to keep up and you will need to keep your eyes open to not get in the way or be run over because you are unseen. And you have to keep quite and not make fast movements as to not spook the horse.
or

2) If it's a cowboys games, you could be looking at people on horse back doing trick rides or shooting tricks or both at the same time. Think of the old west shows, These are a-lot of fun.
If this is the case it will be loud and fast moving. Keep your eyes open for where you are and whats coming at you and might want to bring ear plugs.

Hope you have a good time, and most of the people at these events are really great and very friendly, but like any where else you will have people who are very stressed.
Let us know how it goes :-) And hope this helps a little bit.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:32 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,104,163 times
Thanks "Not rude or ugly". It should be a fun day and I will post some images.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples