Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I dunno I've been here 25 years and it seems to me lately the crime is just going up and up.. Between that guy who decapped his gf or whatever in Palm River two weeks ago, a bank robbery every day for 4 days straight now, two shootings at Physicians Regional, the kid trying to stab others at school (and the list goes on) it seems like times are getting a bit too desperate here in Collier.. Anyone else feeling this way?
I live in East Naples & at least in our neighborhood the crime is indeeed going up. Sadly, the economy has hurt so many that for the ones left behind they feel like there isn't an option. And I am afraid it may get worse.
Bucking trend: Collier unemployment up, year-long job loser » Naples Daily News
But it's not just here in Naples. People are hurting and struggling all over.
If anyone has the answer to all this - - - they're looking for you in D.C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 03:10 PM

3,845 posts, read 7,914,931 times
I knew I wasn't imagining things..

Crime up 13%

Old 08-28-2011, 06:20 AM

I find it ironic that the same week i posted this I woke up this am to find the chain on my bike cut and the bike gone. Babyseat and all, that I JUST bought less than two months ago... Never had this happen in 28 years. I think I've confirmed my own suspicion. Now some a$$ is riding around on a stolen bike with a babyseat. Hope they're happy they took one of the only things that makes my daughter happy during the hot summer days.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:57 AM

102 posts, read 266,292 times
Awww, sorry to hear about your bike, SB!

Interesting that the article you posted was about crime in the "City of Naples" up 13%.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckford View Post
Awww, sorry to hear about your bike, SB!

Interesting that the article you posted was about crime in the "City of Naples" up 13%.
Yah i haven't seen stats yet for the county..maybe they are still tallying it up!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:14 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,041,268 times
SB, that stinks. I am very sorry to read this. What is wrong with people? That act lacks any common decency.

I always thought that the area had a lot of crime, but I'm from an area of Mass that rarely had any crime. I'm not in denial, either. I was the crime reporter up there.

But compared to the rest of Florida, Naples is not that bad. Not that I'd want to move back, mind you.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:09 PM

Thanks guys.. On the bright side it was my bike and not my car! Yikes! I mean I pay fairly high rent and live in an okay neighborhood (not that I feel we are immune in ANY way to any sort of crime ) but I guess it was just unexpected here ..I can replace it but it is the principle of it I suppose I mean WHO does that lol. Jeez don't answer that I don't wanna know but I can only hope to god they're more desperate than the rest and really need to get their kid to school or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: