Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 08:40 AM

4 posts, read 6,567 times

Advertisements

we, hubby and me just closed on a house at everglades and 40th ne area. opening up a house that was empty a couple months or more.... we seen black snakes, a wild chicken, a i think, armadillo, deer, and a big spider. BIG SPIDER.... LOL. ants... fire ants ..???? . and i think a panter with babies, cubs. about 2 a.m. thurs nite-fri morning. love it but... are we safe... we do not approach anything, even though hubbys macho biker dude... the night sky beats anything - anywhere we have ever been, and we arestaying. info is vert apprieciated and welcome. thanks, mona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
For the most part yes you should be safe of course common sense dictates don't walk through high grass/shrubs etc. If you have pets I would keep an eye on them the panthers and larger game have been known to take little fido to the woods for a quick snack out there tho!

Old 02-03-2012, 03:51 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,788,532 times
Sweetbottoms is correct.

It is all part of living in GGE.

Welcome!

Old 02-03-2012, 05:44 PM

146 posts, read 335,601 times
A black snake won't hurt you but will chase you if it feels threatened. The big spiders, called wolf spiders are rarely seen..just take it outside on a broom if inside your house. The dangerous spider is the brown recluse which likes dark corners and such. The bottomline is clean your closets regularly and try to keep trees and bushes off the house to discourage. Keep your garbage in a can with a lid, inside a garage better, until time to take it to the street. Black bears are around, but usually smell garbage not taken care of. I had one in my yard near the mall once because of the neighbors sloppy garbage.

Ants live everywhere, again maintain some kind of pest control outside around the edge of the house. And the same for roaches and mice, keep it clean and they'll move on.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:14 PM

152 posts, read 451,112 times
A panther with babies you might want to report to the wildlife federation. I think they are endangered. They may chose to relocate them.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,054 times
A panther with babies? Are you sure? They are an endangered species and if they are there somebody will rescue them !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: