Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:06 AM

43 posts, read 398,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
I glanced through the 'condos for rent' section in Sunday's Naples Daily News: there were a couple of full columns of condo listings, with some in the less than $1000 a month category, though I didn't take 'notes'...

Thank you for looking through the paper and thinking of me. I really appreciate that. It means a lot to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catskillady View Post
I have vacationed in FL for over ten years in the N. Fort Myers area where my in-laws live. I love the warmth and sunshine and it is a nice change of place from NYS. I visited North Naples just 2 weeks ago and loved it. I've been to Naples before but this time we took my son to the new children's museum which we loved. I was so amazed at the amount of kids there! We have nothing like that in my area of NY. I never ever before wanted to move to southern Florida. I always felt I could never live in a hot & humid climate but as I get older the winters seem to drag on and you are never able to get around or do things in the cold climate. I could see myself eventually moving down and being able to be more active year round. I was really impressed with the area in North Naples and our drive on Livingston (a road that parallels I75) was really pretty and not much traffic at all in March.
Good luck with your job search and move! You're young and will enjoy the warmth FL has to offer!
Thank you for the kind words. I am nervous for a lot of reasons, but I want to try. What's the worst that can happen? You live in the Catskills? I live in NY too.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:37 AM

I was all nervous about the night life and activities in Naples that I overlooked the idea of rent. HOLY SMOKES it is expensive. I really wanted a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom place, but looking at finances of a teacher I guess I will be getting a small 1 bedroom/ 1 bathroom for an outrageous price. I can't swing $900 a month. I know when I go down there next month, I will fall in love with places that I can't afford. I am going to end up living in a box yet I think.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:38 AM

47 posts, read 154,054 times
Emily3021,

I would also suggest looking at guesthouse rentals, some people have guesthouses on their property that they rent out for approximately $600 per month with utilities included.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM

Wow cleopatra that's a great idea! Thank you! I emailed your friend, but haven't heard anything from her.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:39 PM

85 posts, read 176,919 times
It seems to me that you should focus on yourself as a service. In other words, perhaps a house sitter, If your credentials are squeaky clean, maybe you could find a Summer home for a few months at little to no cost while checking out the old folks home. Us elderly sometimes refer to Naples as "Heavens Waiting Room". Just a thought, but I have known people that need someone to keep a property occupied. Heck, with the size of some homes, you could rent a room and seldom see anyone.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:58 AM

Default Oasis Naples Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
The ONLY apts. On that list to move to would be The Oasis. ( as I read off the others to him there was a big fat noooooo from him so u know it's bad I believe the rest r section 8 housing ) That's in North Naples it's very safe, clean ( under new management who are really good) and not badly priced. I lived there for a while when I first moved back from NH because of the low calls for crime and it's well kept. The oasis is right next to Lifestles gym which is a brand new two story facility that's 3 stoplights away there is also a farmers market every sat. In the parking lot of the shopping center . It also houses Starbucks and other stores.You are also 2 stoplights from the Hollywood 20 ( movie theater ) and 3 stoplights from the intersection of Pine Ridge and Airport Road which has Target, Publix (food store) Bed Bath and Beyond , lots of fast food and lots of other shopping stores . The Oasis is also a 5-7 mi. Drive to vanderbuilt beach and about a 4 min drive to Mercato. Def check them out when you come and look at a top floor apt they are cathedral ceilings so they feel much bigger ( they're quite large as is). It's pretty much in the middle if a big square where the 4 major roads bypass (airport, pine ridge, vanderbuilt, and 41) oh you are also down the road from The Waterside shops and swanky shopping center with Gucci, Coach, Tiffanys etc. Plus Barnes and Noble.
Sweetbottoms has said that the only nice apartments are Oasis Naples. I trust her. Has anyone else had experience with them? When I go to see Naples I will visit them as well as condos. It doesn't hurt to look. I want to know people's opinions on Oasis Naples. Is any building better than another? The tip about the top floor cathedral ceilings is great advice. I would love some more!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 AM

Default Schools In Naples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
What grades are you teaching? As far as schools in Naples goes my best picks ( that I will only send my daughter to )

Elementary:
Pelican Mash
Osceola
Laurel Oaks
Vineyards Elem.
Naples Park (last pick for me)

Middle:
Pine Ridge Middle
North Naples Middle
Oakridge Middle

Highschool:
Barron Collier (Top pick)
Gulf Coast Highschool

Those are the only schools I would send my daughter to mostly because I like the the location and those are consistently ranked A/B schools
Sweetbottoms: Which is your top pick for elementary and middle school? What makes their location better? Safer area? Why Barron Collier high school over Gulf Coast? (just curious, I have no idea).

Does anyone else have opinions on schools? I trust Sweetbottom, but I like to hear what other people have to say as well if they have an opinion on schools.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldkiss View Post
It seems to me that you should focus on yourself as a service. In other words, perhaps a house sitter, If your credentials are squeaky clean, maybe you could find a Summer home for a few months at little to no cost while checking out the old folks home. Us elderly sometimes refer to Naples as "Heavens Waiting Room". Just a thought, but I have known people that need someone to keep a property occupied. Heck, with the size of some homes, you could rent a room and seldom see anyone.

That's not a bad idea, I just prefer to have my own space and not feel awkward living in someone elses. You think Naples is all old people?

Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 AM

We might stay at the Quality Inn Gold Resort when I come down so my family can golf? Is this an ok place to stay? Don't need anywhere special at all. Just decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples