Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 09:10 AM

40 posts, read 85,879 times

Advertisements

Im looking for the most informative websites dealing with the Naples real estate market and Naples living in general. I am beginning to look around at prices and developments and I don't want to waste anyone's time with silly questions in this early stage, I perfer to do my own research and be semi-knowledgeable before getting down to the nitty gritty of hunting. I noticed that is a big difference in the quality and quantity of information from website to website (not to mention the sheer number of them!) I would love any website suggestions that you have, and of course if they are business websites please DM them to me, I don't want anyone to violate the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 AM

76 posts, read 187,957 times
Well obviously this site is a great place to start, just be sure to take all advice with a grain of salt as we are all very different

Here are a few websites I would recommend.

Naples Daily News: Local Naples, Florida News Delivered Throughout the Day.

Naples Area Board of Realtors - Naples Real Estate | MLS Listings

Home | Naples Illustrated

Gulfshore Life Magazine

I am sure there are others but those are some of the ones that pop in my mind first.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM

10 posts, read 16,985 times
zillow.com

Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 AM

13 posts, read 14,138 times
We were going to ask the same thing, so thanks for the information as well ! good stuff

My wife and I are looking to move out of the disaster of a city in which I accepted a post, Memphis TN. Neither of us are from Memphis, and find the area repressive to say the least, and don't want our kids growing up in this environment.

We are looking around Naples, but not necessarily within the city itself..we want access to the amenities and probably on or very near the water.

Although I enjoy my position here in Memphis, there seems to be a plethora of hospital-based practice opportunities from Ft Myers/Estero to Naples and Cape Coral. I know this : if I don't get out of this place, my wife will, and without me !

Old 06-03-2012, 02:33 PM

20 posts, read 42,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieMD View Post
We were going to ask the same thing, so thanks for the information as well ! good stuff

My wife and I are looking to move out of the disaster of a city in which I accepted a post, Memphis TN. Neither of us are from Memphis, and find the area repressive to say the least, and don't want our kids growing up in this environment.

We are looking around Naples, but not necessarily within the city itself..we want access to the amenities and probably on or very near the water.

Although I enjoy my position here in Memphis, there seems to be a plethora of hospital-based practice opportunities from Ft Myers/Estero to Naples and Cape Coral. I know this : if I don't get out of this place, my wife will, and without me !
If you are looking to practice in FL, begin your licensing process now. Getting a FL State license can take forever. Lots of hoops to jump through. Numerous stories of losing files, etc. Allow 3-6 months.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:59 AM

13 posts, read 14,138 times
yeah, the credentialing process as well is a hassle ....try the Medicare maze ! fortunately, I'm done on the licensing etc etc - I know if I don't get out of Memphis, this place will turn your brain into mush, and your kids will begin sounding like morons - and that's tough for me to say because I and my wife are southerners, but my wife hates this place - I have a great profession here, but the trade-offs are much too much, so we're headed back to a coastal city. South Carolina was better than this hole
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples