Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 08:27 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,090,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMoe View Post
To say that your not racist before making a racist comment just indicates that your racist and Naples is In lee county named after general lee of the confederates in the civil war so I’m pretty sure you would fit in with all the stuck up white People and racist rednecks in that area and it way more country for a New Yorker.
Naples is in Lee County?

Darnit!

Now I have to move. I'd hate to be considered a racist by necro posters for living in the wrong county!

The good news is that Naples is already starting to look and feel like Ft. Lauderdale........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 08:37 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
Naples is in Lee County?

Darnit!

Now I have to move. I'd hate to be considered a racist by necro posters for living in the wrong county!

The good news is that Naples is already starting to look and feel like Ft. Lauderdale........
North North Naples...oh wait, that’s Bonita.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:40 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Trash comes in all colors and races..........not wanting to be around trash is not racist

Old 01-14-2018, 11:23 PM

455 posts, read 771,825 times
Quote:
I was born in Coral Springs and moved a lived to the fort Myers and Naples area for 13 years and everything that you are complaining about is the southern culture. To say that your not racist before making a racist comment just indicates that your racist and Naples is In lee county named after general lee of the confederates in the civil war so I’m pretty sure you would fit in with all the stuck up white People and racist rednecks in that area and it way more country for a New Yorker. South Florida is the best place to live In Florida and the friendliest unless your scared of darker skin people or Caribbean’s when your talking about a culture clash maybe you should just stay in Long Island because the last thing Florida needs is another stuck up New Yorker that thinks everything is better in New York and we are all Ghetto for the way we talk and carry ourselves differently. Besides parkland is the whites place to live in broward if you don’t like find somewhere else cause we not changing
LOL - Really the best Moe, South Florida? Well I guess if you like living around gang bangers & drug dealers, along with the dregs and derelicts who seem to infest much of SoFl it might be the best . If you enjoy over-crowded and congested counties like Dade, and Broward, and you have a affinity for corrupt county officials and poor under performing/over crowded schools, then South Florida is definitely the place for you - no thanks.

Sorry Moe, I'd take Naples any day over 90% of Broward County, and the rest of SoFl.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,011 times
Default Naples is in Collier not Lee county

Quote:
To say that your not racist before making a racist comment just indicates that your racist and Naples is In lee county named after general lee of the confederates in the civil war so I’m pretty sure you would fit in with all the stuck up white People and racist rednecks in that area and it way more country for a New Yorker.

Naples is in Collier county which was created in 1923 from a portion of Lee county.

"Collier County was created in 1923 from . It was named for Barron Collier, a New York City advertising mogul and real estate developer who had moved to Southwest Florida and established himself as a prominent land owner. He agreed to build the Tamiami Trail for what was then Lee County (comprising today's Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry, and Lee Counties) in exchange for favorable consideration with the state legislature to have a county named for him. After Collier County was named, Collier was quoted as saying: "When I first came here on holiday with Juliet, I never expected that I would buy a whole region of it, nor did I expect to pay for the new Tamiami Trail, or half the things I've done. But I really didn't expect to have a whole county named after me."

So take it easy on "New Yorkers" it was named after a New Yorker... If you want tolerance you should be tolerant.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples