Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:25 PM

124 posts, read 331,709 times

Advertisements

They have fantastic programs for special ed, I don't know what level your middle one is at, but if he/she qualifies for an IEP number you can get help quite easily, with the option of sending them to the school that might suit there individual needs better, public or private.I have a friend whom son is Autistic and she managed to get him into a great school here in Naples with the help from the McKay scholarship program.
She is so pleased with his improvements over the short period of time that he has been in his new school.
Mc Kay scholarship program isn't just for autistic children it's for all children that may need some extra help, from simple speech issues to ongoing problems.
check out the website, for more info.
Florida School Choice | McKay Scholarship Program
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 09:23 PM

87 posts, read 304,298 times
Thank you so much for the information and link! My son does have an IEP. I bookmarked the link for the future. We're going down in about a week to check things out and I'll update the post. Thanks again for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The14Homes View Post
They have fantastic programs for special ed, I don't know what level your middle one is at, but if he/she qualifies for an IEP number you can get help quite easily, with the option of sending them to the school that might suit there individual needs better, public or private.I have a friend whom son is Autistic and she managed to get him into a great school here in Naples with the help from the McKay scholarship program.
She is so pleased with his improvements over the short period of time that he has been in his new school.
Mc Kay scholarship program isn't just for autistic children it's for all children that may need some extra help, from simple speech issues to ongoing problems.
check out the website, for more info.
Florida School Choice | McKay Scholarship Program

Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 AM

You are more than welcome, if you need any more info, just ask. It seems like our "wants" in life are pretty similar and I have already been down the path you are considering making.
Good luck, I know quite a few people at Riverstone from people in the sales office to home owners and they love it, it's going to be a bit of a building site for a while but it's going to be a fantastic community when done.
Good luck, keep us updated on your journey, it will be interesting to hear what you decide in the end.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:25 PM

5 posts, read 16,121 times
Default Moving to Riverstone from Cincinnati

I was reading this thread and also very interested in this community and actually coming down to see it again next week maybe to finalize my search. We have 2 kids girls 4 and 8 and want to make sure schoolz zoned are good and overall community is kids friendly and that there not a lot of empty nesters there or snowbirds. Any information about the area would also be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 PM

Like I have said before, this community is definitely geared towards families. The schools zoned for this development are all good schools. It's East of the I75 so it's a drive to the beach, but the amenities that this development are meant to have once completed are going to blow most family orientated community is Naples away. I love GL Homes and live in one of their other community. There standards are pretty high, and any issues we may of had after purchasing where straight away sorted out, no hassle. Even considered moving to Riverstone as it's so impressive. All the homes are single family homes and the whole advertising campaign is for family's. So most people who live there will have kids or like kids being around. Any more questions, just ask.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 PM

68 posts, read 209,628 times
My advice is to go down with someone that knows the place and who has worked with new builds before, I believe through my past own experience that using a Realtor to negotiate a good deal can save you a lot more money than just going straight to the sales office. Find someone you trust and go for it..
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 PM

Extreme1111 we're heading down there next week also. I checked out the schools and they are A rated. It's the first time we're going to see Riverstone other than online. Good luck.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 AM

The School for Riverstone are as follows:
• Laurel Oak Elementary
• Oakridge Middle School
• Gulf Coast High School

Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 PM

Just got back this weekend from visiting Riverstone and Naples. I really liked the community and we are seriously considering having a home built there...just have to work out a few more details. I didn't experience any of the horrible traffic I've heard about. There was some traffic during rush hour but nothing horrible. Maybe it's because I'm from NY and my idea of traffic is different. I'm not sure. Also the people I met around town both old and young were friendly and nice. I'm sure there must have been some bad apples but I didn't run into any of them. I did see some horrible drivers though. One came around a corner so fast he almost went up on two wheels and hit the guy to his side...and then there were the slow drivers. The town itself was beautiful and clean. The beach was great too but way too cold to stay too long. If was awesome being able to walk around with short sleeves or a light jacket. Can't wait to go back.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:39 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,202,043 times
Here are 2 web sites for you...will help you with your move www.myflorida.com www.stateofflorida.com

Both sites will separate fact from fiction about most questions you will be asking as you consider moving or do eventually move...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples