Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 03:29 PM

113 posts, read 286,499 times

Advertisements

My husband thinks he found a home in Long Shore Lake about 1 mile to the east of HWY 75. What do you guys think of the location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 04:04 PM

4,788 posts, read 10,608,885 times
Nice homes in LSL, far enough east of I-75 not to hear too much road noise, gated community, etc.
Publix, Walmart, et al are 7 mins down Immokalee Rd to the West. Ft Myers airport is ~30 mins, downtown Naples is 15-20 mins depending on traffic.

Good friend lives in LSL, and we have always enjoyed being there.
My 50Cts...
GL, mD

GOOG Map, can zoom in and out:
Long Shore Lake, Naples FL - Google Maps

Old 03-16-2013, 05:16 PM

Thanks MotorD -- looked nice to me too. It looks like a full time community and the clubhouse looked good too. My husband had the Realtor walk with his I phone so I could see it live since Im still in St louis.
Is that considered North Naples still? Not east? Do you think that area is well developed? I havent looked at anything east of 75.

Last edited by sbapasto; 03-16-2013 at 05:40 PM..

Old 03-16-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbapasto View Post
Thanks MotorD -- looked nice to me too. It looks like a full time community and the clubhouse looked good too. My husband had the Realtor walk with his I phone so I could see it live since Im still in St louis.
Is that considered North Naples still? Yes, definitely 'North Naples'. Zip is 34119 I believe. Immokalee Rd has several communities along that stretch, and none would even remotely be considered 'dawgs' or objectionable/not desirable, imo. LSL is a very well community with fine homes, non-linear streets, nice 'lake' that wraps around inside the middle and many edges, etc. Good mixed bag of rez, with retirees, families with kids, etc. A lil'jewel tucked in the area, imo.

Nothing 'wrong' with east of 75, depending on one's needs or if they have to be somewhere in 10 mins

Not east? Do you think that area is well developed? I havent looked at anything east of 75.
All just my 50Cts... Give the GOOG map link a look; should be helpful is showing LSL and surrounds.
GL, mD

Old 03-16-2013, 08:46 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,089,243 times
Nice neighborhood. I have several friends in there, and we used to be "social" members of the club. Lots of nicely maintained, mature landscaping. Close to a lot of stuff.

One of the few gated communities I would consider living in around here.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:15 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,787,713 times
Agree. That is a nice place. It is well developed with plenty of shopping etc nearby. Rent first-this will be an excellent starting point.

That is still considered North Naples. Keep in mind that North Naples, East Naples etc. have no officially defined borders. The only defined borders are those of the cities-Naples, Marco Island, and Everglades City.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:49 AM

RMD is correct, there really aren't too many defined borders down here. Pretty much anything north of Pine Ridge Rd, east to about Collier Blvd, up to the Lee county line is considered North Naples.

A Naples address covers a LOT of square miles of real estate.

Basically, you have Naples, East Naples, Golden Gate City, North Naples and Golden Gate Estates, all of which are Naples addresses. I don't recall ever hearing North Naples referred to as such until they started developing north of Pine Ridge Rd in the late 80's. When I moved here, Airport Rd ended right about at J&C Blvd. Vanderbilt Beach Rd. went from the beach to 41.

East Naples is generally considered the area east of the Gordon River Bridge all the way out to 951 (Collier Blvd) and north to about Golden Gate City.

Golden Gate City is very clearly defined, but still a Naples address. Not that you asked, but IMHO, if they had zoned it a bit differently (ie: not as many duplexes) it would be a very desirable area. When I moved here, I thought GGC was beyond the end of the earth, but now it's in the middle of the greater Naples area.

Pretty much anything east of Collier Blvd is considered Golden Gate Estates, which is part of one of the largest land scams ever. It encompasses hundreds of square miles, from Immokalee Rd to the north, all the way south to (almost) Everglades City! The area of GGE south of the Alley (I-75) has been reclaimed by the state, and is now the Picayune Strand, but until 2004, the area was comprised of tens of thousands, mostly vacant, acreage lots. There is roughly 140 square miles of what was once Golden Gate Estates south of the alley alone!

Everything else is generally referred to as North Naples.

I live in North Naples, and I am about 4 miles southeast of LSL.

FWIW, I rarely travel west of Airport Rd, and south of Pine Ridge. Everything you need is in N. Naples, and there is not much down there worth the hassle or accident risk.... I also avoid the area within a few miles of the Pine Ridge Rd. and Airport Rd intersections like the plague for the same reason. I've never had so many near accidents as I have in that area. My wife's been hit on Pine Ridge Rd twice!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:02 AM

Trip-

Thats very helpful. I appreciate it alot!

Next step is finding Dr's. I posted a couple weeks ago but got no repsonse. Dont know if thats good or bad!

Old 03-17-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbapasto View Post
Trip-

Thats very helpful. I appreciate it alot!

Next step is finding Dr's. I posted a couple weeks ago but got no repsonse. Dont know if thats good or bad!
No problem, it can get quite confusing, even if you live here.

I can't help you on the Drs, as I have not been too happy with any of the GPs down here. Others might have suggestions. My experience is that the GPs take on WAY too many patients, and in season, you might have to wait a week for an appointment with the Nurse Practioner. In my situation, all I usually need is an antibiotic for an ear infection or something that prevents me from working, and I can't wait a week for it. Therefore, I usually go to Redi Med urgent care on Immokalee Rd. They have been awesome and offer family practice.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
... Therefore, I usually go to Redi Med urgent care on Immokalee Rd. They have been awesome and offer family practice.
Anecdotal, but +1 on that Redi Med for those in that area: not a doctor 'goer', but my two trips there with a seriously infected finger received quick and excellent attention, and a good f/u visit. Short to no wait, good operation, imo.

As for 'doctors', there are literally ~thousand here in Collier County; most of my fellow Medicare gang trots off to visit one or more, a couple times per week.

Whether they are easy to get into or become a patient of, I have no idea.
GL, mD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples