Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:52 PM

38 posts, read 44,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The14Homes View Post
If your after a volunteer position, I would check out the following website.
Naples, FL - Official Website - Volunteer Ambassador Program

Also you could join a club with people of the same interests as you.
Meetups near Naples, Florida - Meetup

I'm sure that you will be pleasantly surprised with just how easy it is to make friends with little effort.
The Volunteer Ambassador Program sounds interesting, but the website doesn't get into a lot of detail re: what types of volunteers for the various areas. Do you know anyone that has volunteered at Lowdermilk for example?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 05:23 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
The library offers a list of programs/events you might find interest in.
Also, the newspaper has a section of things going on by the day as well as sometimesyou'll see places requesting volunteers.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 PM

Default Dogs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The library offers a list of programs/events you might find interest in.
Also, the newspaper has a section of things going on by the day as well as sometimesyou'll see places requesting volunteers.
Thank you for this info. By the way the line in your profile "the more I see of people the more I love my dogs" reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw today. It said, "My dog is smarter than your honor student." For some reason, I found that quite humorous.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:42 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity55 View Post
Thank you for this info. By the way the line in your profile "the more I see of people the more I love my dogs" reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw today. It said, "My dog is smarter than your honor student." For some reason, I found that quite humorous.
Humorous because it is sometimes true
I should have mentioned two things about the library programs.
One is that the schedule can be found online
Catalog - Collier County Public Library

and two, the offering is much greater during snowbird season. So don't give up from what is available right now but check again for the fall schedule

Old 07-12-2013, 06:52 AM

113 posts, read 286,584 times
HI Serendipity-

Im new here -- been here about 3 months. I enjoy cooking, sightseeing, the beach etc. Im in my mid 40's. Send me a message and lets chat!

Old 07-12-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbapasto View Post
HI Serendipity-

Im new here -- been here about 3 months. I enjoy cooking, sightseeing, the beach etc. Im in my mid 40's. Send me a message and lets chat!
How are you liking it so far? I see you moved from Missouri? At least the weather had to be something you were already used to. I enjoy all of the above also. Have you met many people since you've been here? It feels like I've been so busy with the move and work, I haven't had a chance to breathe. But this will all settle down, I know.

I did get to the beach the other weekend. Jellyfish infestation, but the day was gorgeous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples