Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 PM

124 posts, read 305,708 times

Advertisements

Hi All

I am currently trying to call Collier County about this but so far have only been able to leave messages. We received a certified letter from them yesterday from the road maintenance department titled "notice of right of way violation". It goes on to describe a culvert/drain pipe has failed (etc, etc.) and needs to be repaired via OUR RESPONSIBILITY. Yikes...sounds expensive! It also goes on to say that we must purchase (of course) a permit and proper locate ticket for the work to be performed. I imagine this came about last week when they came around our neighborhood (Naples Park) cleaning out "storm drains" after the giant rainfall we had that sort of flooded the area.

Has anyone had experience dealing with this type of thing? How expensive is this going to be? Our drainpipe under our driveway and is not the type that you can see above ground -- it's buried underground (if that makes sense?). HELP! I have not had positive experiences in the past dealing with Collier County, permits, etc. HELP! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 03:23 PM

Okay then....just talked to the county. Can anyone recommend a contractor who can help us fix the failed drainpipe under our driveway? Or point us in the direction of how to find a contractor for this job? Thanks!

Old 08-12-2013, 08:06 PM

Anyone else in Naples Park receive one of these notices lately? When I called the county office...they informed me they have handed out dozens in the last week or so.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:09 AM

crickets...

Old 08-22-2013, 08:36 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruzs View Post
Anyone else in Naples Park receive one of these notices lately? When I called the county office...they informed me they have handed out dozens in the last week or so.
Have you tried walking around your neighborhood and talking to your neighbors about this situation?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,745,539 times
Strange, this happened to a friend in golden gate. He just put in for kangaroo court, then delayed it a few times, meanwhile all that was wrong is that it was full of debris and was easily flushed out. The matter just seemed to disappear after 3 years.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruzs View Post
Hi All

I am currently trying to call Collier County about this but so far have only been able to leave messages. We received a certified letter from them yesterday from the road maintenance department titled "notice of right of way violation". It goes on to describe a culvert/drain pipe has failed (etc, etc.) and needs to be repaired via OUR RESPONSIBILITY. Yikes...sounds expensive! It also goes on to say that we must purchase (of course) a permit and proper locate ticket for the work to be performed. I imagine this came about last week when they came around our neighborhood (Naples Park) cleaning out "storm drains" after the giant rainfall we had that sort of flooded the area.

Has anyone had experience dealing with this type of thing? How expensive is this going to be? Our drainpipe under our driveway and is not the type that you can see above ground -- it's buried underground (if that makes sense?). HELP! I have not had positive experiences in the past dealing with Collier County, permits, etc. HELP! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...
Hello. We received a similar letter for our home on 102nd Avenue in Naples Park.
I spoke with people at the county and had a drains plumber check it out. He couldn't see any obvious damage on our property. I then reported this to the county and was informed that someone would verify this with the individual who had written up the report in the first place. All of this took place in early September 2013. I never heard anything else until I received a Notice of Violation this week.
How did you resolve your issue?
Thank you very much

Old 02-03-2014, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,116 times
I thought my problem was resolved by installing a grid back in Sept/Oct but received Notice of Violation JAn 31st...Can anyone recommend a company to replace drainage pipe? Thanks

Old 02-13-2014, 09:56 PM

I ended up having 12 different contractors come out and bid the job. Finally went with the most reliable person I could find (not the cheapest but not the most expensive either). They actually do contract work for the county as well so I figured they would at least do the job right knowing they had a relationship with the county people. The company was BQ Concrete and Construction. I worked mainly with a guy named Tony who came out and bid the job and was very professional and understanding about the entire AGGRAVATING situation. The number I have is 239-262-7320 for BQ or you can contact Tony directly at 239-200-8647. You can tell them Margaret recommended you from 102nd in Naples Park.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMNaples View Post
I thought my problem was resolved by installing a grid back in Sept/Oct but received Notice of Violation JAn 31st...Can anyone recommend a company to replace drainage pipe? Thanks
See my last post-- sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Feel free to contact me directly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples