U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 07:56 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
2,823 posts, read 4,347,325 times

Advertisements

I have decided to take myself out to dinner every Friday while I am in town. A different place each week. Must be casual and not extremely expensive. And not too far from my condo...... Suggestions welcome.

Tonight I tried Sweet Tomatoes. I printed out a coupon and headed out. I did not know it is a buffet before I arrived. When I walked in the door I had no idea of how to start and how to pay. Kind of a unusual set up. You make your salad and then pay at the end of the salad bar. You seat yourself. No real problem and I quickly figured things out, but I was lost for the first 10 minutes.....

Actually it turns out to be the perfect kind of buffet for me. I love salad, soups and breads. All there in many forms. Works for me.......

Oh, and since I was near Trader Joe's, I finally checked the place out. Nice shopping bags, but other than that I was not impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 05:41 AM

3,840 posts, read 6,857,422 times
tmozer,
Cool idea, but I wish you luck in Jan-March, unless you like to eat at 4:00 or 9:30 PM...
Few suggestions here. We cook in, or waddle to the club, esp Jan through March/mid April.
GL, mD

Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 AM

I am an early dinner person, so eating between 4 and 5 pm is not a problem.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 PM

Took myself to the OLD EUROPE BISTRO, Naples Walk Plaza, 2464 Vanderbilt Beach Rd. for any early dinner. Used a Groupon $30 for $15 voucher. The place was empty at 5:30. But the food was excellent. Price not bad. Service great. I would dine there again.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:44 PM

152 posts, read 330,517 times
You might like Jason's Deli. They have a salad bar with a lot of healthy options. It is on Immokalee Rd close to Sams. You can go online to see their menu.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:01 PM

141 posts, read 239,859 times
I second the motion on Jason's Deli. They keep the salad bar pristine and fresh. Lots of choices for great prices. A bit more of a splurge is Sushi Thai, yum, higher prices but so good. There's a little french bistro place in the shopping plaza and the intersection of Airport and Immokalee that neighbor's swear by. Thai Udon at the corner of Goodlette and Pine Ridge is excellent, but the lunch prices are far better than dinner.

Love to hear what you find.
TL

Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 PM

91 posts, read 269,708 times
Buzz's Light House is great for a low cost dinner. You can sit on the patio overlooking the bay. The Mahi is good, prices are reasonable, staff friendly and it as a nice 'local' feel. Turtle club for lunch... sit on the beach... decent lunch prices.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowannamove View Post
Buzz's Light House is great for a low cost dinner. You can sit on the patio overlooking the bay. The Mahi is good, prices are reasonable, staff friendly and it as a nice 'local' feel. Turtle club for lunch... sit on the beach... decent lunch prices.

Thanks. Added to my list.........

Old 10-16-2013, 02:05 PM

841 posts, read 994,343 times
Inca's Kitchen in Golden Gate, while not North Naples, is a great place to eat. Not real cheap, but not ridiculously expensive either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples