U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 10:10 PM

6 posts, read 12,162 times

Advertisements

I am a soon to be single mom with 4 young girls. I am reaching out for insight as to where I should start my search for a single family yearly rental in the Naples area. I have two 7th grade daughters, a 5th grader and 3rd grader. I want to make sure I find a great family neighborhood/community with lots of children that my children can play with but have amazing schools too.

My girls and I are looking to move to Naples from the Richmond, VA area to have nicer weather and to start a new adventure in life. Are plan is to come down during Spring Break (April 2014) to check out the area.

Are there any neighborhoods that the children can get around on bikes to the park, store, movie theater, cafe, etc?

Of course I want the safest area for my children. It's not about me right now…I just want my girls in a safe, happy environment where the will flourish.

I appreciate any insight you can give,
G
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 01:26 AM

152 posts, read 330,517 times
A lot will depend on what you housing budget is. How much will you have for rent per month? Do you want a gated community with added HOA fees or do you want a big yard instead.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:29 PM

2,465 posts, read 5,736,797 times
In addition to FBW's question do you need employment?

Why Naples?

Old 01-27-2014, 07:33 PM

7,025 posts, read 6,318,016 times
Also, you said you are about to be newly single so I'm guessing you are divorcing?

Make sure you are legally able to move your children out of state.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:26 PM

Yes I will be able to move my children out of state b/c my husband is already living in Jacksonville, FL, so per my attorney the courts will not mandate me to stay in Richmond. The girls and I chose Naples because we would love to move to the Carribean or to Cabo BUT I'm sure the courts and my ex will not allow that. So we figured this would be the closest thing to it the states. I took my girls to Marco Island last August and they loved being able to ride their bikes everywhere. Unfortunately Marco's school system is not that good and it is not known to have a large "family" population with lots of kids things to do. I was looking for that small town/ride your bike, family community on the gulf side with great schools and really don't think it exists. IF I am wrong PLEASE tell me where that is.

We LOVE warm weather, love to be outside and want a "flip flop" type of life. We want to live near the ocean in a safe community with fabulous schools.

I would like to stay under $3000 a month.

I appreciate all of you guiding me.
G

Old 01-30-2014, 08:28 PM

No I do not need employment. I am looking for a community that is family friendly and safe where my girls can ride their bikes and play outside with their friends. So I am assuming gated!

G

Old 01-31-2014, 05:04 AM

I would start looking at any of the communities in North Naples. You have a lot of housing options with that budget.

You are right about Marco, except the school system covers all of Collier County. You are going to have to lower your expectations about the schools compared to the NE. While there are individual exceptions, schools in Florida do not do not meet the same standards you are used to.

Almost all of Naples is safe. Gated communities are fine but in reality the gates offer a somewhat false sense of security. Codes are given out to friends, repair people etc. Even the manned ones let anyone in. I once had a delivery job-I know.

Read my post in this thread about living in Naples. Much of it won't apply to you but many found it helpful.
Now I'm scared to move to Naples!

Old 02-02-2014, 09:02 AM

Have you considered private schools?

Old 02-05-2014, 10:58 AM

76 posts, read 147,511 times
I think you should consider Marco Island. The middle school here is actually very good. The elementary school is one of the better ones in the county, so if you are looking at Collier County you shouldn't rule Marco out based on the schools. You should be able to find a nice house here in that price range. I live on Marco and I love it. I have two children ages 6 and 8.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 PM

339 posts, read 814,451 times
Try looking for a place in Victoria Park, great family neighborhood and it's not Gated. Not going to be a lot of full time kids in most of the Gated communities here. They put the gates up to keep kids out. !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples