U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 09:16 AM

374 posts, read 329,045 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Riverstone. It will be a year before the new house is completed. Our condo in Chicago is for sale now and we expect it will sell quickly and we will be moving down in the next 3-6 months. So, we will have to have to rent a place for 6-9 months after the condo sells here.

An unfurnished 2 bedroom 1,600 sq ft house would be ideal so we can use our furniture and not have to rent a storage unit too. One car garage is all we need, a pool would be nice if we are there during summer (and may be). We have two small, well behaved dogs, so we need a dog friendly rental.

Willing to live anywhere nice between Fort Myers and Naples. Don't mind driving down to Naples every now and then to check on the house build if it saves some money on rent.

How do we find a decent house to rent in a good, safe neighborhood?

Would like to avoid a year lease (don't need that much time) and "vacation rental" prices during the winter.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 10:34 AM

3,840 posts, read 6,854,855 times
Hit the RE rental sites?
The prob may be your dogs: many of the communities I am aware of, (ours and several friends' communities in general 'Naples' area), allow for 30 day and longer rentals, but no pets for renters, even though pets are allowed for owners.

You may have better luck in the non-HOA, less restricted SFH areas, with rentals.
My 50Cts...
GL, mD

Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 PM

87 posts, read 117,732 times
What do people think about Saturnia Lakes? How is the build quality compared to Riverstone or Quail Creek or Monterey? How does it compare in regards to family oriented? Appreciate any input.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:38 AM

Does Quail Creek have young families or is it all older wealthy retirees?

Old 04-10-2014, 05:43 AM

124 posts, read 242,205 times
If Someone asked me to show them around some great family orientated communities, I would show them Riverstone, Delasol,Monterey, Marbella and so many more. Naples does have many communities that are really geared towards families. Quail Creek wouldn't be near the top of the list.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I understand that compared to some of those other truly family oriented communities it is not but I just want to make sure quail creek is not one of those communities that are almost all retirees. My mother lives in Naples lakes. Beautiful community and homes but that is a perfect example of a community with hardly no families loving there full time.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:05 PM

Quail Creek is like most of the golfing communities in Naples, it is geared toward retirees who are lucky enough to be doing what they want in their spare time. It is a stunning community and I'm sure that it does have some family's in their, but the majority are retirees.
If you want a community with a golf course, they are pretty much all going to be about the same. So it really depends on what your main priorities are when house hunting.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:51 PM

3,840 posts, read 6,854,855 times
As I have posted earlier in this thread, QC has some fams with kids in the community: I have heard and seen the school buses roll through to pick up kids.

Large to very large homes, most with a decent sized yard and area, esp for 'Naples' golf communities. Houses go from mid $600s to millions. Golf membership is not mandatory, though it does have 2 fine 18 hole tracks. The golf membership is pricey; don't know about a soc mem price.

1st class community, imo, though the demographics may be older than RS, et al. No new construction in QC, though with new construction prices in Naples area, that may not be a bad point...
GL, mD

Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 PM

I agree. Prices for new construction in Riverstone has gone through the roof. The base price increased I believe 2-3 times in last 2 months. The lot premiums are just a bit ridiculous. Some over 100k for lake view. In all the model I want in a average lot with a pool will cost above 800k. That is why I am considering Quail Creek as I kind of like the fact that each house is unique and different and the lots are 3 times bigger with mature landscaping.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:33 AM

It sounds like you have already made your mind up the single family homes in Quail Creek are lovely and you certainly get a larger lot. They have 4 homes under $700,000 at the moment on the market. If you want some details and pictures about each home, please feel free to PM me.
Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples