Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2014, 04:13 PM

140 posts, read 288,226 times

Advertisements

We have been planning to move to either Naples or Tampa for a while and I don't think we have been labor intensive but as soon as realtors hear we haven't sold our house, they send us to a website to look at listings and drop us like hot potatoes. Now we have an offer and since we haven't been able to find a knowledgeable and patient realtor in Naples, we are probably moving to Tampa( found a great realtor there), even though we prefer Naples. So the question is: Are things so busy there that no one can give the time of day ? We are probably better off in Tampa anyway but just wondering if anyone has a point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 04:46 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,444,863 times
Contact a Buyers Agent. They specialize in buyers.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:30 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
If one 'likes' Tampa area, that is a choice...but, I wouldn't toss Naples or 'Sioux City Iowa', just because you felt slighted/mishandled by RE agent(s). Facetious, but my point is why would someone interested in SW FL, suddenly point 'north' a ~170 miles, and a completely different climate zone?

Tampa area and SW FL, eg Naples, Ft Myers, Venice, Sarasota are a bit different than Tampa area, imo.
Not to mention some very cool to cold winter days in 'Tampa' and north, fwiw, if you are going to be full time rez.

Not in the RE biz, but imo many agents are looking for easy stuff: cash buyers, those that have an idea of what they want, and no 'house to sell before they can buy'. It isn't ideal or 'fair', but I get it.

Agree with Restrain: BA or shop more agents, be up front, and remind them that you want to buy a joint in SW FL.
This is the season, but there will be hundreds and hundreds of houses, still for sale, in May-August that didn't get swept up in the Spring buying rush.
My 50Cts...
GL, mD

Old 03-10-2014, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback, we will come down mid April, hopefully it will slow down by then.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:07 PM

112 posts, read 308,710 times
I bought here 18 months ago while I still owned a house in NJ. I had no problem finding a realtor when I was visiting Naples. I went to some open houses and met about a half dozen realtors. All of them knew I owned property in NJ yet all were willing to show me houses that day. I chose the one who seemed to "get" what I was looking for. It took me a good six months of looking at listings from NJ, flying down to look and then finally making an offer. Maybe you need to be clear you are ready to make a commitment since there is no incentive for a realtor to show you houses if you are not in a position to make an offer.
Good luck with what ever city you decide to live in.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:39 AM

31 posts, read 62,511 times
It depends, there is over 3000 agents in the naples area you have everyone from full time professionals, to retirees and bartenders. If you like Naples so much don't let it stop you, what areas are you looking at ? Naples is wonderful don't let a bad agent stop you from buying in the town you wish to be in.

Last edited by Sunscape; 03-30-2014 at 10:18 AM..

Old 03-18-2014, 05:19 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Welcome to CD Brent.
May I suggest you check the rules for Realtors before you get a complaint.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/9...roper-use.html

Old 03-26-2014, 12:31 PM

So my husband headed down to Naples and is working with a great realtor. We don't have a lot of time now to make a decision and guess what???? Wow, our top three choices had owners that wouldn't show the property. Can you believe it?? So we finally did find two other houses and are making an offer on the first one. Here in Massachusetts, I have never heard of such crazy behavior, I was three days home from the hospital with a newborn and cleaned the house to show it 25 years ago in Dallas. Our house just sold here and I loaded 2 Newfoundlands, an Old English Sheepdog, a senior scottie and a very angry cat in the car every time the house was shown over the past few weeks. Do you know what it is like to make a cat stoop so low and be with looser dogs in tight quarters? Yikes, it wasn't pretty but those knucklehead owners in Naples had a one in three chance of selling their house this past weekend and they blew it. I think it is because they might be second homes. Sorry for the rant, there is an awful storm here.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:04 PM

24 posts, read 38,946 times
Default Contact me if you need the name of a buyer's agent

I was an agent in the NE and FL real estate laws are strange to me. From the NE I contacted a few agents. One dropped me!

I finally have a great one who is rated highly and who explained to me that due to liability, almost no one in FL who is a realtor wants to represent buyers. But this agent does.

Send me a message if you want her name.

Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples