U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2019, 09:51 AM
 
1,154 posts, read 1,275,506 times
Reputation: 1039

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
It will become a bit less pleasant I suspect when the Bonita extension is completed, both in and out of season. Logan isn't designed for a lot of capacity. Right now nobody goes all the way up to Stonecreek unless they live there or have business there.
Yup. Logan will be the only access to Lee Cty. east of 75, unless you drive all the way out to Immokalee.

Why they haven't punched 951 through and extended it at least to RSW is beyond me. It was needed over a decade ago, and the traffic in north Collier, especially east of 75 along the Immokalee Rd corridor has gotten exponentially worse in that decade.

The Logan extension is far too little, far too late. At least they've built another strip mall with inadequate access on the corner of Immokalee and Logan. That oughta help the flow of the (already too heavy) traffic in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-23-2019, 10:03 AM
 
5,377 posts, read 2,987,338 times
Reputation: 4748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
Yup. Logan will be the only access to Lee Cty. east of 75, unless you drive all the way out to Immokalee.

Why they haven't punched 951 through and extended it at least to RSW is beyond me. It was needed over a decade ago, and the traffic in north Collier, especially east of 75 along the Immokalee Rd corridor has gotten exponentially worse in that decade.

The Logan extension is far too little, far too late. At least they've built another strip mall with inadequate access on the corner of Immokalee and Logan. That oughta help the flow of the (already too heavy) traffic in that area.
I keep on watching the home sales in Olde Cypress and they seemed to have slowed a bit. The guy selling his house in Lantana right across the street from the new plaza must be frustrated. People are also getting greedy, thinking they can get $900’s when they bought 2 years ago in the $700’s.

The best one is the one on Lantana Way going for $995K furnished. Sounds good, except that there was a murder/suicide in that house a year and a half ago. It was sold for $660K and minimally updated. Is furniture worth $200K+? Doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2019, 10:11 AM
 
1,154 posts, read 1,275,506 times
Reputation: 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I keep on watching the home sales in Olde Cypress and they seemed to have slowed a bit. The guy selling his house in Lantana right across the street from the new plaza must be frustrated. People are also getting greedy, thinking they can get $900ís when they bought 2 years ago in the $700ís.
We are getting closer to putting our house on the market. The tile is just about done, and they're doing the baseboards today.

Hopefully, the ever increasing Naples traffic debacle won't affect our sale too much. It's getting really bad these days. It's noticeably, if not exponentially worse since you've left.

The guys doing the work on the house come from Ft Myers every day. On average, there is an accident that shuts down I75 on their way here every third day. It's getting surreal around here.

I am beyond ready to punch out of here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2019, 10:16 AM
 
5,377 posts, read 2,987,338 times
Reputation: 4748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
We are getting closer to putting our house on the market. The tile is just about done, and they're doing the baseboards today.

Hopefully, the ever increasing Naples traffic debacle won't affect our sale too much. It's getting really bad these days. It's noticeably, if not exponentially worse since you've left.

The guys doing the work on the house come from Ft Myers every day. On average, there is an accident that shuts down I75 on their way here every third day. It's getting surreal around here.

I am beyond ready to punch out of here.
Don’t get me wrong, after weeks of rainy 40 degree weather I miss sun and 80’s. But as I’m working and have young kids it’s much more enjoyable going to Target, Costco and restaurants and not feel like I’m under the median age by 20 years.

I heard a siren yesterday when driving with the kids. My youngest one asked, why don’t we hear many sirens anymore? We used to hear it at least 3-4x a day in season.

I couldn’t imagine having to commute from Naples to MCO, especially as busy as 17 has gotten too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2019, 10:28 AM
 
1,154 posts, read 1,275,506 times
Reputation: 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Donít get me wrong, after weeks of rainy 40 degree weather I miss sun and 80ís. But as Iím working and have young kids itís much more enjoyable going to Target, Costco and restaurants and not feel like Iím under the median age by 20 years.

I heard a siren yesterday when driving with the kids. My youngest one asked, why donít we hear many sirens anymore? We used to hear it at least 3-4x a day in season.

I couldnít imagine having to commute from Naples to MCO, especially as busy as 17 has gotten too.

LOL. RE the sirens. We NEVER used to hear them, but now, they are going all day and night. It's like a demolition derby down here, now more than ever, which is saying something.

It's been like August here all week, so you're not missing much in that regard. Thankfully, I have AC in my garage, which has become our ersatz living room/storage unit/workshop/band practice space and bar while the house is being renovated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2019, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Coral Gables / Bonita Springs
856 posts, read 415,162 times
Reputation: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
It will become a bit less pleasant I suspect when the Bonita extension is completed, both in and out of season. Logan isn't designed for a lot of capacity. Right now nobody goes all the way up to Stonecreek unless they live there or have business there.
It'll be great for us in Villagewalk area :-) We can shoot down Logan to Sprouts/Target rather than driving down BBR to i-75 to immokalee then going to target/sprouts. Hopefully it will lessen the build up for you guys at the 75/immokalee intersections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2019, 04:33 AM
 
5,377 posts, read 2,987,338 times
Reputation: 4748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
It'll be great for us in Villagewalk area :-) We can shoot down Logan to Sprouts/Target rather than driving down BBR to i-75 to immokalee then going to target/sprouts. Hopefully it will lessen the build up for you guys at the 75/immokalee intersections.
Loganís only one lane in each direction though for most of it, and a traffic light that favors E/W traffic on Immokalee. Thatís the problem. Unlike 75 and the Immokalee exit with 2 dedicated left turn lanes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2019, 04:38 AM
 
Location: Naples FL
234 posts, read 40,015 times
Reputation: 353
Now Iíve worked out that we are discussing the Target near the I-75/immokalee intersection? Iím new as a resident but I do know a bit about this because I own commercial property adjacent to and severely impacted by this intersection. The impact when Logan is extended should be quite positive. The traffic around those roadworks is chaos the few times Iíve been out that way recently which Iím guessing is what we are discussing. Itís too early in the morning on a Sunday to start thinking of traffic flows at Pelican strand for me I need to stop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2019, 08:04 AM
 
1,154 posts, read 1,275,506 times
Reputation: 1039
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Loganís only one lane in each direction though for most of it, and a traffic light that favors E/W traffic on Immokalee. Thatís the problem. Unlike 75 and the Immokalee exit with 2 dedicated left turn lanes.

And even with that, the Imm./75 is the second worst intersection in Collier County. The first is still the Airport/Pine Ridge intersection. Anywhere within a mile of it is the 7th layer of driving hell.

The Immokalee/951 intersection is a close 3rd.

Logan going to BBR is akin to urinating in the gulf compared to what is drastically needed here. And it's only gonna get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2019, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Coral Gables / Bonita Springs
856 posts, read 415,162 times
Reputation: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
And even with that, the Imm./75 is the second worst intersection in Collier County. The first is still the Airport/Pine Ridge intersection. Anywhere within a mile of it is the 7th layer of driving hell.

The Immokalee/951 intersection is a close 3rd.

Logan going to BBR is akin to urinating in the gulf compared to what is drastically needed here. And it's only gonna get worse.
Lol love all the hater commentary around here about our 'traffic' problem.

i was working in Miami today (Sunday) - terrible accident shut down 3 lanes on 95 North @ 4PM. We had 3 near miss accidents on the 595/Broward portion of Alligator Alley.

Then the daily insanity of the Palmetto / Dolphin / 95 / Biscayne / SW 8th st, etc.

Comparing that to the 'traffic' of 75 is a joke. Not to mention from May to December its practically dead on all the major roads around these parts...(Do you have any idea the traffic @ 5PM on i-95 in Dade / Broward?? The traffic @ 4PM on i-4 in Orlando??)

I came home from Miami @ 5PM last Wednesday on 75 and it was backed up from just past Pine Ride to my exit #116..
It was sooooo terrible lol about a 10-15 min delay of stop n go..the horror!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top