U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 07:54 PM

31 posts, read 31,542 times

Advertisements

Are there any differences between Pelican Bay area and Park Shore area? We are looking at Sea Gate Elementary school area and are looking for areas with as high concentration of year round families. I would think Moorings and south close to downtown is more snow-birds and less year round families. Am I wrong? Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 11:33 AM

134 posts, read 223,284 times
Go on censusdata.gov. You can zoom in on areas by different demographics. Someone who is seasonal is more likely to be retired.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:39 AM

2,777 posts, read 6,259,229 times
My best guess is the single family homes in either development would have more families, although unlikely to be school aged.

Both areas have very high concentrations of snowbirds in the condos.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:37 AM

We are looking at houses. I was told to maybe look at houses with basketball hoops or toys out front, etc. Our concern is whether every other house is vacant most of the year. We want neighborhoods with plenty of year round full families (with kids).

Old 11-18-2014, 06:35 PM

1,895 posts, read 2,076,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex-rotham View Post
We are looking at houses. I was told to maybe look at houses with basketball hoops or toys out front, etc. Our concern is whether every other house is vacant most of the year. We want neighborhoods with plenty of year round full families (with kids).
I know two developments one called Riverstone and actually a lot of families are moving into this development and I will give the thread link to it. Another which just started getting built is Marbella isles and its next to nice school I think. Riverstone in Naples, Florida - A GL Homes Community
Considering buying in Riverstone...Relocating from NY

Old 11-19-2014, 09:59 PM

3,506 posts, read 5,968,671 times
Communities with a lot of snowbirds may also have a lot of "rules" regarding toys in the yards, kids playing outside unaccompanied (yes some communities do not let kids play outside without an adult present at all times) and so forth, so if you aren't seeing a lot of basketball hoops or toys that could be a reason. If its highly populated with snowbirds more than likely (but not always) its not family friendly.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:35 AM

I think we are looking at Seagate elementary or pelican marsh school districts if we go public. We are also trying to understand Seacrest Country Day and the Community School for private choices too.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:54 AM

10 posts, read 12,949 times
Pelican Marsh is the best public elementary school in Naples. If you are looking for family communities around North Naples check out Montaray, Stonegate, Mill Run Victoria Park, that is where most of the families live These areas are almost all full time residents. Pelican Bay and Pelican Marsh are 90% snow birds with no kids. I lived in Pelican Marsh the first year I was here and couldn't wait to move out to a normal neighborhood.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:40 PM

Does mornings and Parkshore also have lots of snowbirds too? Seagate elementary school seems to have a higher test scores. But it also seems to cover much larger area which means to me it must be an area fill the snowbirds. It is unfortunate because it's also close to the water which would be nice to live near. But my wife needs a neighborhood with you around families.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:03 AM

112 posts, read 239,870 times
Can you do a drive by? Right near Sea Gate on the Park Shore side is West Blvd. Turn onto Whispering Pine and look around. You will see signs of families. Keep going, make some turns, have fun. You will hear and see kids. When school lets out watch how many kids walk to this neighborhood. There could be seasonal owners here and there but for the most part this area is occupied. It does not become a ghost town in the summer. I think you will like what you see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or