Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NAPLES OR BONITA SPRINGS TO
SCHOOL 1 25.00%
SAFETY 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 AM

497 posts, read 1,561,467 times

Advertisements

Maybe Florida isn't for me...if I owned property and a HOA told me what I can and can't do...I would be exercising my 2nd amendment rights. This is what happens when a bunch of liberals take over. They tell you how to live and how you need to assimilate into their perfect world...really no different from Adolf.

Of course I am going to be renting so I won't have to worry about a HOA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 09:57 AM

548 posts, read 535,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
Maybe Florida isn't for me...if I owned property and a HOA told me what I can and can't do...I would be exercising my 2nd amendment rights. This is what happens when a bunch of liberals take over. They tell you how to live and how you need to assimilate into their perfect world...really no different from Adolf.

Of course I am going to be renting so I won't have to worry about a HOA.
This is silly. Liberals are live and let live people, hippies, and on and on. HOAs are the total opposite.

Pick one...either liberals are these awful permissive people or they are Hitler like and want everyone to be the same....geez...they can not possibly be both!

HOAs are right out of the Conservative playbook. Honestly, its fine to be on one side of the political fence but stop with the complete opposite stuff.

Last edited by CJFlorida; 02-08-2008 at 10:12 AM..

Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
This is silly. Liberals are live and let live people, hippies, and on and on. HOAs are the total opposite.

Pick one...either liberals are these awful permissive people or they are Hitler like and want everyone to be the same....geez...they can not possibly be both!

HOAs are right out of the Conservative playbook. Honestly, its fine to be on one side of the political fence but stop with the complete opposite stuff.
Liberals are far from permissive. They are for big government controlling every move you make and high taxes. Sound familiar?

Liberals are responsible for the smoking police, the food police, and telling you what you can and can't drive for a vehicle. Sounds like a HOA to me.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,472,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanative75 View Post
Are you sure you were in Naples, FLORIDA????? There is so much construction here that is never-ending, it is unbelieveable. ALL of 951 from Immokalee Road to 41, ALL of Vanderbilt Road from 951 to Airport-Pulling. Immokalee Road has become a bit better but is filled with construction.

Where on earth were you driving?

I am not writing this as a complaint, but please, please do not try and tell people that there is no construction here. I live here and drive through construction everyday, in fact 95% of my commute is in construction areas. I got a speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago in a construction zone and was laughing with the court person on the phone because we were saying where in Naples is not a construction zone?

I am glad you had a good trip and the housing is cheap, yes (of course no one can sell so it does not matter but it is cheap and, in turn, ruining the market for those that already own). But, do not paint this picture of beautiful roads. They will be nice when they are done in 2009 but now we all feel like we are living in Beruit.
I didn't say there wasn't any there was A LOT less than when I left. Goodlet was all under construction, the overpass wasn't open, GG pkwy was all constuction, Immokalee by greentree was a complete mess down to one lane a day every day... Other than Immokalee with some cones on the sides of the roads and a bit of equiptment it was a complete and utter mess with torn up roads and blockages.. Livingston was extended, when I left it was a mess, esp cause the Supertarget on Immokalee was just being built and they had that all a mess. From last year to till this week there had been MAJOR changes and a lot of the construction is gone..

Old 02-08-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post

And since you gave me a - karma I gave you one too.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
why I don't go out at lunch time. I left work early yesterday. At Noon it took me 20 minutes to drive from Sea Gate to Pine Ridge and Airport (3 miles?). I had my oil changed, the car vacuumed, and the windows washed, which took all of 10 minutes. What is wrong with this picture????

No TRAFFIC????? When? At 3 AM?
I was out from 8 am - 9 at night almost every day, all over Naples Bonita, estero and Ft. Myers.. 5th Ave, Pine ridge and airport, vanderbuilt , immokalee.... The traffic was the same it always was... it wasn't any worse and it still took the same amount of time to get everywhere we needed... I didn't sit through 6 redlights at lunch time, I didn't sit on one street for 45 mins...... The same people are always over exaggerating.. Traffic can be slow at times yes, it was, BUT it was always moving.... I drove from Seagate to Pine ridge airport many times, we all met at the Homedepot to get everyone together and go in the same cars while there, we were staying right near there. Never once had a problem or was delayed at all..... That was to go out and have lunch around 12- 1:30 was finished with lunch around 2:30 and never had problems with grid lock.. Sorry didn't see it

Old 02-08-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
LOL I can't ever picture someone carrying mace in a city like Naples...cmon, I work in the south Bronx and even I don't carry that lol
A couple months ago, dunno who said it, but they were complaining about the gangs in naples..... thats why I mentioned that incase they read this.. I thought it was ludicris at the time and I still do.. there is no need for it...

Old 02-08-2008, 10:59 AM

847 posts, read 3,510,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I was out from 8 am - 9 at night almost every day, all over Naples Bonita, estero and Ft. Myers.. 5th Ave, Pine ridge and airport, vanderbuilt , immokalee.... The traffic was the same it always was... it wasn't any worse and it still took the same amount of time to get everywhere we needed... I didn't sit through 6 redlights at lunch time, I didn't sit on one street for 45 mins...... The same people are always over exaggerating.. Traffic can be slow at times yes, it was, BUT it was always moving.... I drove from Seagate to Pine ridge airport many times, we all met at the Homedepot to get everyone together and go in the same cars while there, we were staying right near there. Never once had a problem or was delayed at all..... That was to go out and have lunch around 12- 1:30 was finished with lunch around 2:30 and never had problems with grid lock.. Sorry didn't see it
You were lucky. The one thing people always say when they visit me is, 'Wow, there is a lot of construction here, where are they getting the money?'

I am not trying to be negative but also will not sit back and say that construction is not an issue. I drive on 951, Immokalle and Vanderbilt most often and they are all major construction. It takes me at least 30 minutes to get from 951 and Immokalee to the hospital, probably about 7-10 miles. Sure, the construction in some parts has finished but then they start on another part of the road.
Heck, people I know will not even go to the Sweetbay on Vanderbilt and 951 because there is only one way out of the parking lot and now that one way is like a 90 degree angle going from the parking lot to the street. I felt like I had put my car on some kind of carnival ride.
Sure, fifth avenue looks nice but obvioulsy.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:00 AM

847 posts, read 3,510,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
A couple months ago, dunno who said it, but they were complaining about the gangs in naples..... thats why I mentioned that incase they read this.. I thought it was ludicris at the time and I still do.. there is no need for it...
There is gang activity amongst the hispanic population. Sure, it is not like big cities but it is here. Now, no one ever said carry mace, gang members deal with themselves usually, they are not on the street hurting random people.
Is it a huge problem here? No, but it is an issue.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:09 AM

548 posts, read 535,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
Liberals are far from permissive. They are for big government controlling every move you make and high taxes. Sound familiar?

Liberals are responsible for the smoking police, the food police, and telling you what you can and can't drive for a vehicle. Sounds like a HOA to me.
This is funny stuff! Conservatives want everyone to conform, not be creative, color within the lines.

Big government?? Ummm, check out how large the government grew under Reagan and Bush 1 and 2!! Spending, deficit, number of government employees,and entitlements grew under Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush 1 and 2.

HOA are the very definition of a Conservative!

I'll leave this alone now before the moderators cut it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples