Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NAPLES OR BONITA SPRINGS TO
SCHOOL 1 25.00%
SAFETY 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 11:16 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,472,348 times

Advertisements

Here's the pictures..... well a couple I ended up climbing out of a jeep and my camera dropped and its not working anymore.. but here's what I got before hand

Somehwere over Ft. Myers Beach
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0059.jpg (broken link)

Vanderbilt Beach for sunset

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0076.jpg (broken link)

This guy was brave, walked right up to me.. for food no doubt

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0080.jpg (broken link)

Walkways to Vanderbilt Beach

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0081.jpg (broken link)

Naples Pier after lunch

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0106.jpg (broken link)

3rd Ave Downtown Naples, those are parked cars not moving cars so there's no confusion about terrible traffic

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0115.jpg (broken link)

Waterside shops..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0089.jpg (broken link)

My rental car

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0091.jpg (broken link)

nahhh just jokin.. I prefered the Bently :P

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DCFC0116.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 12:09 PM

548 posts, read 535,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
A couple months ago, dunno who said it, but they were complaining about the gangs in naples..... thats why I mentioned that incase they read this.. I thought it was ludicris at the time and I still do.. there is no need for it...
I remember that also. It is in one of the city data Naples threads. A poster claimed Naples was becoming like Miami with gangs and in 15 years would be as bad as Miami.

Great pics, thanks!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
why I don't go out at lunch time. I left work early yesterday. At Noon it took me 20 minutes to drive from Sea Gate to Pine Ridge and Airport (3 miles?). I had my oil changed, the car vacuumed, and the windows washed, which took all of 10 minutes. What is wrong with this picture????

No TRAFFIC????? When? At 3 AM?
BTW Straight off the Naples daily news comment section on the article regarding snowbirds being down.Each comment is from a seperate person.

-I am but one man, but traffic seems very light to me as I drive around, compared to last year at this time.

-If this is season, you'd never know it from the near empty streets or the ease of getting a table at most restaurants in town.

-Traffic is lighter because there are no dump trucks and worker vehicles. Big difference from the last three years. Plus, more roads/lanes..Commercial business is dead - car sales, dead. Naples is reverting back to the paradise it was five years ago

-There is definitely less traffic this year so far. While it has picked up it is no where near what it has been during the past few tourist seasons. You can tell just by the fact that there is no where near the complaining about the traffic this year like there usually is by now

-This year is very strange. A lot of restaurants don't even have a wait this year.We only have about 8 weeks left until season ends.Reminds me of when I moved here 20 years ago..

I'm not the only one who noticed.... There was way less traffic... You haven't lived there long enough to realize how it has been for the past 10 years I think.. It was pretty easy to get around town.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:19 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,798,116 times
Let me chime in on the alleged "traffic" issue. I-75 through Fort Myers is the pits as is U.S 41 and most of the side roads. But in Naples, I have never had a problem "sitting in traffic for 45 minutes" on any of the streets there. For one thing, the light timing on U.S.41 is amazing. They must have the sensors on the road like they have on this side of the state, because I never stopped at a red light unless there were cars in the intersections, and the lights let everyone out just in time. The condition of the pavement is kinda...ehh on 41, but the landscaping is very nice. The rest of the roads actually have quite a light flow of traffic in my experiences there except for Pine Ridge which can get kind of congested. I personally wouldn't live in Naples, as it strikes me as being an odd place to live, but the city is very beautiful and clean, and traffic isn't one of it's negatives. It really got a lot better after they built all of those new roads as well. The road building phase reminded me of Broward County 10 years ago (minus all of the 1234343 stack interchanges and 14 lane highways) and Palm Beach County 5 years ago, and now both of them are mostly fine as far as traffic is concerned, as is Naples.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:19 PM

416 posts, read 1,710,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
This is funny stuff! Conservatives want everyone to conform, not be creative, color within the lines.

Big government?? Ummm, check out how large the government grew under Reagan and Bush 1 and 2!! Spending, deficit, number of government employees,and entitlements grew under Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush 1 and 2.

HOA are the very definition of a Conservative!

I'll leave this alone now before the moderators cut it out.
As a Libertarian, I think both want to control others, just in different ways. CJ, are you saying that liberals did not push smoking bans, seatbelt laws, vehicle inspection laws, "hate speech" laws, Equal Employment Opportunity requirements, etc.?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:22 PM

847 posts, read 3,510,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewComputer View Post
Let me chime in on the alleged "traffic" issue. I-75 through Fort Myers is the pits as is U.S 41 and most of the side roads. But in Naples, I have never had a problem "sitting in traffic for 45 minutes" on any of the streets there. For one thing, the light timing on U.S.41 is amazing. They must have the sensors on the road like they have on this side of the state, because I never stopped at a red light unless there were cars in the intersections, and the lights let everyone out just in time. The condition of the pavement is kinda...ehh on 41, but the landscaping is very nice. The rest of the roads actually have quite a light flow of traffic in my experiences there except for Pine Ridge which can get kind of congested. I personally wouldn't live in Naples, as it strikes me as being an odd place to live, but the city is very beautiful and clean, and traffic isn't one of it's negatives.
Just out of curiousity, how often do you travel on 951, Vanderbilt Road and Immokalee Road? Those are the worst and the ones I travel most. You mention the roads that are not under construction which, of course, would not be a problem.

I am beginning to wonder if there are a lot of blind drivers in Naples since people are not seeing the crazy construction that I see every day. My whole 30 minute commute to work is a construction zone.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:31 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,798,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novanative75 View Post
Just out of curiousity, how often do you travel on 951, Vanderbilt Road and Immokalee Road? Those are the worst and the ones I travel most. You mention the roads that are not under construction which, of course, would not be a problem.

I am beginning to wonder if there are a lot of blind drivers in Naples since people are not seeing the crazy construction that I see every day. My whole 30 minute commute to work is a construction zone.
Yeah, I forgot about Immokalee Road...that roads a drag to say the least...

Never had any problems on Vanderbilt Beach or 951.

I live in Weston on the other side of the alley so of course I don't have day to day experience although I love visiting there and do spend a decent amount of time there. I have never been caught in anything longer than a 10 minute traffic jam in Naples. Fort Myers is a different story though, especially with I-75 and the moronic drivers that can make SE Florida drivers look sane.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewComputer View Post
Yeah, I forgot about Immokalee Road...that roads a drag to say the least...

Never had any problems on Vanderbilt Beach or 951.

I live in Weston on the other side of the alley so of course I don't have day to day experience although I love visiting there and do spend a decent amount of time there. I have never been caught in anything longer than a 10 minute traffic jam in Naples. Fort Myers is a different story though, especially with I-75 and the moronic drivers that can make SE Florida drivers look sane.
You are right, Immokalee Road makes me want to pull my hair out. 951, from Immokalee all the way pretty much to 41 is a construction zone, they are widening the road. I live right there and, although my entrance looks better now, for awhile there, I thought I needed some kind of equipment to even get into the neighborhood. Vanderbilt Road, from 951 through Airport is another construction zone, awful. Those are the roads I travel more, because that is where I live. It has gotten WORSE since I moved here over a year ago, not better and the estimated completion is Spring of '09!!!!!

My favorite is when you see three workers, holding the same sign, usually says 'slow' spaced only 1 foot apart from each other. Good thing all three of them are there, because, as traffic is moving at 10 mph, I was worried I might drive fast????? Our tax dollars hard at work!!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
BTW Straight off the Naples daily news comment section on the article regarding snowbirds being down.Each comment is from a seperate person.

-I am but one man, but traffic seems very light to me as I drive around, compared to last year at this time.

-If this is season, you'd never know it from the near empty streets or the ease of getting a table at most restaurants in town.

-Traffic is lighter because there are no dump trucks and worker vehicles. Big difference from the last three years. Plus, more roads/lanes..Commercial business is dead - car sales, dead. Naples is reverting back to the paradise it was five years ago

-There is definitely less traffic this year so far. While it has picked up it is no where near what it has been during the past few tourist seasons. You can tell just by the fact that there is no where near the complaining about the traffic this year like there usually is by now

-This year is very strange. A lot of restaurants don't even have a wait this year.We only have about 8 weeks left until season ends.Reminds me of when I moved here 20 years ago..

I'm not the only one who noticed.... There was way less traffic... You haven't lived there long enough to realize how it has been for the past 10 years I think.. It was pretty easy to get around town.
Can you provide a link to these comments. I am having a hard time finding the article.
Thanks!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanative75 View Post
Can you provide a link to these comments. I am having a hard time finding the article.
Thanks!
Seasons in swing but not everyones feeling the rush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples