Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: NAPLES OR BONITA SPRINGS TO
SCHOOL 1 25.00%
SAFETY 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 AM

11 posts, read 37,758 times

Advertisements

if you had a choice which one and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,472,001 times
Both are nice. They run right into eachother and sometimes its hard to tell the difference between the two. Bonita might have slightly cheaper housing, but everything Bonita has Naples has...

Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,358,303 times
There's almost no difference between the two. They both have areas you don't want to be in, and areas that are way overpriced. Crime rates are very similar, with the only really difference being Lee County (Bonita) has a no pursuit policy, so the criminals know that if they can make it to their car they're pretty much safe. The Bonita gang bangers were robbing places in North Naples and driving to the Lee County line for awhile until Don Hunter put his foot down and let Lee County know we'd chase their *** there too. That put a stop to them crossing the county line for the most part.

I think everything else is really about the same. Like Taras said, it's very hard to tell where one town ends and the other begins. They really blend right into one another.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 PM

8 posts, read 30,466 times
Naples hands down better beaches, better shopping, but Bonita has the best Italian restaurant that is Anthony's on Bonita Beach RD. and flamingo flea market oh yea!!!!!
good times, good times.....

Old 01-22-2008, 03:36 PM

672 posts, read 897,336 times
You won't get your money's worth in Naples. Everything is overpriced. Plus, the budget is in the red big time and they are preparing for cuts in services accross the line.

County has a hiring freeze on and not replacing workers who quit or retire. I believe the numbers are in the 100s last I heard. In one field (don't remember which), they are even asking for VOLUNTEERS to make up the slack.

Not going to even try to go into the school district cuts.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:28 PM

6 posts, read 22,026 times
Default Naples a good move?

My wife and I are contiplating relocating to Naples. We have two boys 5 and 7 and want to be sure we are doing the right thing. Of course schools come first how are they in and around Naples? We are currently living in the frozen western part of massachusetts a small town with not much to do. We've had enough of the winters and lack of things to do. I enjoy boating, fishing and motorcycles and have to put them all away for almost 6 months a year...arghhh. Anywho I am a mechanical design engineer with almost 10yrs experience and my wife is an aestetician (sp?) at a 4 diamond spa. Any thoughts good or bad would be encouraged.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:31 AM

11 posts, read 37,758 times
Not To Start A Debate But Does Anyone Have Anything Nice To Say About The Southwest I Have Family On Marco Island I Havent Heard Bad Thing About It I Guess My Uncle Is Really Living The Good Life He Did Say Its Getting Crowded. The Only Place He Told Me To Stay Away From Really Was Leigh & Fort Myers.finally Vote Bonita Springs Or Naples Please

Old 01-23-2008, 01:49 AM

28 posts, read 109,803 times
I Lived There For Approx. 8 Years. I Loved It And I Want To Eventually Go Back. I Still Own Two Homes Within The Naples / Ft. Myers Area. Check Out Ford, They Have A Test Track Out By The Estates Of Naples. Your Wife Will Be Fine There. There's A Lot Of Money There And A Good Opportunity To Make Money In The Spa Business. The Prices Have Really Come Down, So Don't Wait Too Long. Rummors Used To Be That People Only Moved To Naples To Retire And Die. It's A Lie, You'll Find Plenty To Do. Your Kids Will Also Have A Chance To Grow Up In A Low Crime County That Has A Lot To Offer.
Good Luck.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:32 AM

6 posts, read 22,026 times
Thanks for the info. I must have read over 100 posts about Naples allready and they all seem to be pretty negative. I have an opportunity there but an very skeptical to move my whole family. We are in our mid 30's with two young boys and are afraid there won't be a lot of people there our age or things for the little ones to do.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:02 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,472,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknn2 View Post
Thanks for the info. I must have read over 100 posts about Naples allready and they all seem to be pretty negative. I have an opportunity there but an very skeptical to move my whole family. We are in our mid 30's with two young boys and are afraid there won't be a lot of people there our age or things for the little ones to do.
Hey there, I love Naples. I lived there for 25 years.. I moved away (because I was young stupid and wanted to see what else was out there) I'm now living in a small boring town in western NH about 20 mins from the mass border. I feel you on the horrible winters. I'm currently in the process of relocating back to Naples and probably never to move again.. TONS to do there. You'll love it I'm sure, has water parks for the kiddies, lots of playing parks, concerts at Cambier, nice downtown, piers resturants, bowling etc. Like I said lots lots to do.. And lots of kids there. You can put them in summer camps that will take them to the movies, skating, water parks, beach, pools etc all summer and they'll meet kids their age. Renting is easier there now as is buying a home. You are a hop skip and jump to Estero with the Everblades hockey rink where the kids can see games, or go ice skating, lots of concerts there with people like Elton John Billy Joel etc. Coconut point shopping mall is fabulous, airport in Ft. Myers that is a BREEZE compared to Logan ick!!!! Weather although can be hot in the summer, I've found comparable up here in the NE esp for people like us in the Western part of NE we get no sea breeze whatsoever so its a dead heat with haze.. Naples has a seabreeze and in the summer every afternoon around 3-5p.m. there's a thunderstorm that'll cool things off. You can look foward to windows open in Nov-March no more high gas bills, or heating expenses blah!!! Money saved right there. No car inspections, emission testing etc.

Listen to the negatives but realize that a lot of the people talking trash about Naples are not there by their own will eg, relocated for jobs, or stuck cause house wont sell. So they're miserable without a nice thing to say about anything. So focus on the good that can come out of this.. Have you visited the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples