Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 03:39 PM

7 posts, read 7,254 times

Advertisements

Been looking at new homes and Esplanade Golf and Country Club has caught my eye. In terms of golf bundled communities in Naples this community seems to offering the most for the value.

Interested to know what people have heard or seen about Esplanade? Do you feel price with amenities is justified or thoughts on comparable communities with comparable fees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 05:01 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,705,983 times
Tracy,

You have multiple posts looking for advice on where to live. I have given you advice a few times. For the budget you have posted, I don't think Esplanade is possible. We checked it out and about croaked when we saw the lot up charge, let alone the house prices and fees.

They want $50K for a bare lot (no lake, no preserve) the same size we got in Riverstone on the preserve for $15K. Base house prices were also higher. Look at the floor plans and what the base cost is. Add about $225K plus lot up charge to get a real finished house.

You really need to bite the bullet and just come look at all these places you are asking about. It might take you a week if you make plans and set appointments. Get a realtor. Sit in the office and go through things one day, you will eliminate a lot very quickly.

Houses with Golf and Country Club in Naples are more than what you are wanting to pay. If your house budget is $450-650, what are you willing to spend to get the Golf and Country Club lifestyle? Naples just got listed as the 9th most expensive real estate in the country. That's just houses. You say you are moving back to Naples after being in VA for 20 years. A lot has changed here since then. Real estate prices peaked again a year or so ago. They are just now starting to level out or fall again.

When I look at what you want re: house size, age etc vs budget, I don't see Golf and Country Club as part of the deal.

I wish you well and hope you can find what you are looking for. Watch out for all the new communities that got started and are now sitting with no further development happening.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:29 PM

4,787 posts, read 10,602,776 times
May be a good community, maybe not...long way from completion of facilities and even further from build out.
No one can know or even ball park the fees/costs once it is turned over sometime near the end of this decade.

All of that is typical of new golf communities in SW FL, but the bundled aspect, (if it is bundled), presents a problem due to the number of doors vs one 18 hole track: while early in process it may be reasonable and practical to play, when 'done' there is simply no way that 1200 doors can chase the ball on one 18 hole track.

Bundled isn't a bad thing, (as I noted in earlier posts to OP), but bundled provides for every door to be a golf member.

If OP wants a laundry list of all the golf communities in Collier/south Lee county, the net has that...or I can C&P a list.

But, I agree with movin1: feet on the ground, spend a week, and go see a dozen or more communities that fit your budget and needs.

And, look at non golf communities, (eg Longshore Lake right next door), and consider being an off campus golf member at several close by courses: Cypress Woods, Esplanade, Heritage Bay, et al.
GL, mD

Old 05-17-2016, 06:21 AM

731 posts, read 766,934 times
DH and I looked at Esplanade about a year ago. We looked at the models and a completed house that was ready to sell. It looks like a beautiful community with a very impressive entry. Here's my two cents:

We ruled it our for us because:

We don't want a bundled golf community. (High fees/Crowded golf course)
Who knows what the future fees will be
We like established landscaping
The clubhouse hasn't been built yet. If things go bad, you may have a problem.
Don't know what will be on the social calendar.
There's too much you don't know about future financials.
I want to see the finished product. Don't wanna wait and hope it goes OK.
I think it has CDD fees. Not sure.

If a new community is what you are looking for, house/fees there are in your budget, then I can understand why you would want to buy in Esplanade. I would guess that since it is a golf community it would be more geared toward retirees, but you never know! Even though it would not be our choice, it may have everything that you are seeking.

I think you are smart researching everything you can on the internet before you buy. When you do go to Naples and start looking, you're way ahead of the game. Good luck!

Barb

Old 05-18-2016, 12:17 PM

214 posts, read 285,887 times
I agree with the replies above - come down and do a "look see" trip.

We drove through Esplanade when the models opened (we live not too far away) and I really didn't care for the feel of the neighborhood - very "shallow" setbacks and homes felt too close together for my liking. (And for the record, I am not comparing to huge lots or acreage, just other Naples developments.)

You need to come visit and get a 3D feel for the various communities you've mentioned along the way in order to make the best decision for you.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:39 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times
What golf clubs would y'all recommend with homes in the $1 million range and initiation fees of less than $75k?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: