Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2016, 03:49 PM

351 posts, read 486,996 times

Advertisements

I don't mean to repeat a thread. I know GL Homes construction has been discussed. I have a different question - do folks like living in these communities? Do you like the amenities? Do you feel they are a good value for the money? Does the community feel too packed with people given how close the homes are together? Does it have a nice community feel?

I'm considering building the Conrad in Stonecreek. I have a nice lot on hold but am also looking at another development with less fees, but also less amenities and a less desirable location, IMHO.

Please don't bash Naples as part of this thread. I'm interested in the community, not the city.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 05:14 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,664,233 times
We have lived in Riverstone a little over a year and like it a lot. Fees seem more than reasonable, though we are waiting to see if the HOA is going up now that it has been turned over to the residents. Club house is awesome, great pools, work out facilities etc. Landscaping is great, they mow and edge, repair the sprinkler heads, mulch twice a year, trim and remove debris from every tree and plant. Amazing service. It's immaculate.

Homes are close to each other but no problems with neighbors so far. Kids and dogs can be a bit noisy, but we are patient and say something if necessary. HOA protects your right to not be annoyed by jerks.

Location is perfect, so much close to us, both north and south. There is a lot more up here than there is downtown.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:10 PM

6 posts, read 9,654 times
We lived in Riverstone for about a year, but in the end it didn't fit what we were looking for. It is a beautiful, if rather cookie-cutter, community with excellent amenities, but it isn't a great choice for walkers: there are few shade trees, and the community's location makes for limited choices in walking destinations.

We were also dismayed by three incidents of vandalism, apparently by teenagers who live in the community (mailboxes destroyed, repeated vandalism on the walking bridge to the community center, and an accidental preserve fire). I feel for the teenagers--there's next to nothing for them to do--but still ...

Old 03-20-2017, 05:05 PM

790 posts, read 496,980 times
We are building a Newcastle on a lot we love in Stonecreek. Riverstone would have worked for us too but by the time we renovated a resale to our preferences it would have been more costly- plus to find a resale with a floor plan we liked on a lot we liked was impossible. Currently renting in Marbella Isles and couldnt be more pleased with everything associated with this GL community. The amenities here are excellent (there will be more in Stonecreek) and for the price are an extraordinary value. Back out the cost of lawn/landscape maintenance, manned guardhouse, alarm monitoring and you're probably paying about $150/month for those amenities including a full time social director. As a realtor no need to address the importance of location.

And I just noticed this is an old thread that was bumped....ha!

Last edited by Richard818; 03-20-2017 at 05:58 PM..

Old 07-13-2017, 09:10 PM

9 posts, read 26,874 times
What are the rules on car washing in your driveway at GL home communities if any. A friend in another (non GL HOA) community advised that water can not run into the street. I hope GL HOA rules are not as strict.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:42 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,664,233 times
We see folks washing cars in their driveways often in Riverstone. I don't remember seeing anythhing in the HOA rules about it.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:46 AM

80 posts, read 110,194 times
In Riverstone, I see lots of people washing cars in driveways, doing light gardening in flower beds, walking dogs, running, bicycling, walking, doing little projects in their garages, even a little light tinkering on their cars now and then (I see well-loved sports cars and the occasional semi-classic with the hood up for an hour or two). Kids playing outside, too.

So lots is going on outdoors, and the HOA doesn't bother people for the most part. As far as I can tell.

The key things I've heard about the HOA calling out residents for have been:
  • Parking overnight in the street or blocking the sidewalks with your car
  • Basketball hoops in the streets or blocking sidewalks
  • Not cleaning up after your dog
  • Planting bushes without approval

I'm sure there are other things that can get the HOA on your back, but mostly it's those 4 things.

Heck, I'm shocked the HOA is so lenient about garbage cans! People sometimes put them out two days ahead. On the July 4th holiday when Collier County didn't pick up, some scoflaws just left their garbage and recycle cans out for days. Attracting who knows what wildlife from the stench.... I am not a fan of an overly intrusive HOA, but was surprised we didn't get a mass email on the July 4th garbage cans situation as it was a widespread (albeit one-off) problem for a few days.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:24 PM

110 posts, read 126,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocatingtonaples View Post
In Riverstone, I see lots of people washing cars in driveways, doing light gardening in flower beds, walking dogs, running, bicycling, walking, doing little projects in their garages, even a little light tinkering on their cars now and then (I see well-loved sports cars and the occasional semi-classic with the hood up for an hour or two). Kids playing outside, too.

So lots is going on outdoors, and the HOA doesn't bother people for the most part. As far as I can tell.

The key things I've heard about the HOA calling out residents for have been:
  • Parking overnight in the street or blocking the sidewalks with your car
  • Basketball hoops in the streets or blocking sidewalks
  • Not cleaning up after your dog
  • Planting bushes without approval

I'm sure there are other things that can get the HOA on your back, but mostly it's those 4 things.

Heck, I'm shocked the HOA is so lenient about garbage cans! People sometimes put them out two days ahead. On the July 4th holiday when Collier County didn't pick up, some scoflaws just left their garbage and recycle cans out for days. Attracting who knows what wildlife from the stench.... I am not a fan of an overly intrusive HOA, but was surprised we didn't get a mass email on the July 4th garbage cans situation as it was a widespread (albeit one-off) problem for a few days.
That HOA sounds great to me. Mine ignores all that stuff and my community may sell for $30k-$50k less per house because of it.

Old 07-15-2017, 06:24 PM

80 posts, read 110,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram71 View Post
That HOA sounds great to me. Mine ignores all that stuff and my community may sell for $30k-$50k less per house because of it.
I personally think the HOA is striking a good balance. As you say, an HOA that's too hands off will just hurt property values. Some neighbors don't think about the big picture impact of their actions and so reminding them of the rules for the benefit of everyone is necessary.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:20 PM

110 posts, read 126,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocatingtonaples View Post
I personally think the HOA is striking a good balance. As you say, an HOA that's too hands off will just hurt property values. Some neighbors don't think about the big picture impact of their actions and so reminding them of the rules for the benefit of everyone is necessary.
We have one neighbor that has ignored HOA and the city repeatedly. They make their yard look like a swap meet leaving bikes, hockey nets, basketball hoops, lawnmowers, coolers, oil change pans, and other stuff on their lawn 24-7-365. They also leave stuff out in the street often. It has become a real eyesore for many but they literally do not care. This is not in Naples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: