Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 05:29 PM

731 posts, read 768,164 times

Advertisements

Now that DH and I have found our dream retirement home, we will be renting out our condo in North Naples full time. Are full time rentals usually furnished or unfurnished? Spoke to a couple of realtors that really aren't interested in helping us rent out the condo. They are looking for management fees and we will be handling that ourselves.

We have rented in season to snow birds through VRBO in the past. What is a good site to list our yearly rental on. Thanks for all advice. I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 06:06 PM

1,627 posts, read 1,711,766 times
A friend of mine has recently done a yearly rental and it is fully furnished. He is in a situation where he needs to be here now and then throughout the year but doesn't have the cash to buy a place. He needed a furnished place.

When we moved down here and needed to rent for almost a year while our house was being built, we wanted an unfurnished place so we didn't have to store our furniture. We moved our stuff in (beds, couches etc), didn't unpack anything but what we needed and it was perfect for us.

I would go the unfurnished route and look for renters who are in the building process. Owning a bunch of furniture that renters are going to trash is a constant headache.

We found our rental through a realtor, might be worth it to have professionals handle it. Finding and dealing with renters can be time consuming at least and a potential nightmare if they stop paying rent. Make sure you know what you are getting in to.

Old 12-10-2016, 05:03 AM

Movin1:

Thanks again for the advice! We've owned rental properties in the past that we've handled ourselves, so we're comfortable doing it.

We were hoping to rent out our condo unfurnished, as we want to use some of the furniture in our new home. What I'm looking for is a web site that is used for yearly rentals in the area similar to VRBO and Homeaway.

What I think I will do to start, is use VRBO and list it as a yearly rental and see how it goes.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,099 times
I was looking for a site other than Zillow or Realtor.com that has all MLS Listings of rentals in the Naples Area. Seems like I was able to get into through some of the realtors websites once before. If anyone knows the route to take, let me know. I am looking for 2/2 furnished or unfurnished with garage-annual.

Thanks

Old 12-31-2016, 11:16 AM

85 posts, read 176,989 times
Naples Area Board of Realtors - Property Search

Old 01-01-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynn71 View Post
I was looking for a site other than Zillow or Realtor.com that has all MLS Listings of rentals in the Naples Area. Seems like I was able to get into through some of the realtors websites once before. If anyone knows the route to take, let me know. I am looking for 2/2 furnished or unfurnished with garage-annual.

Thanks
I have a 2/2 in North Naples for annual rent, with carport, no garage, unfurnished starting in April. PM me if you're interested.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:28 PM

69 posts, read 74,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
Now that DH and I have found our dream retirement home, we will be renting out our condo in North Naples full time. Are full time rentals usually furnished or unfurnished? Spoke to a couple of realtors that really aren't interested in helping us rent out the condo. They are looking for management fees and we will be handling that ourselves.

We have rented in season to snow birds through VRBO in the past. What is a good site to list our yearly rental on. Thanks for all advice. I really appreciate it.
Try the Facebook group "SWFL Annual Rentals".
https://www.facebook.com/groups/301964963302712/

Old 01-13-2017, 04:27 PM

50 posts, read 111,514 times
Trying using neighbors in your community. Often you find that network brings the best candidates - individuals that may be looking specific to that are. Or, that a current renter has a friend that wants to join them in the same area.

The pool side network works great, you can avoid the unjustifiable fees realtor charge to renters, or the fees the online services charge.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:39 PM

69 posts, read 74,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightlines View Post
Trying using neighbors in your community. Often you find that network brings the best candidates - individuals that may be looking specific to that are. Or, that a current renter has a friend that wants to join them in the same area.

The pool side network works great, you can avoid the unjustifiable fees realtor charge to renters, or the fees the online services charge.
In that same vein, you can download the "Next Door" app which will register you in a forum for your neighborhood and other nearby neighborhoods.

Old 01-14-2017, 05:49 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: