Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 09:02 PM

162 posts, read 298,580 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I've had a longstanding ambition to pick up a small acreage lot out in Golden Gate or even out on the Tamiami east corridor for some hobby farming and to house a repair workshop for my "toys" (boats, cars, etc). Eventually, the property would become a homestead where I'd like to put up a house and clear out the existing vegetation. There are parcels of land I see that are clearly determined Wetlands by Collier County. Also, they are completely overgrown at this time.

I'd like to understand from someone that has purchased one of these lots and what it takes to make it useful?

1. Are you allowed to clear these for the purposes of putting in a path/driveway or a pad for a non-permanent workshop structure (steel building)?
  2. What restrictions exist? I cannot find anything official, but found this on a realtors site:
    Quote:
    Can I clear my lot if I have wetlands onsite?

Collier County cannot issue a clearing permit for mechanical removal of vegetation in wetlands without wetland permits from both the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) and the Army Corps of Engineers. Only after these permits are issued can the County issue a Vegetation Removal Permit.
  3. Has anyone pursued an Army Corps of Engineers and Florida DEP permit before? Are these possible to obtain even or are these a way of putting in a procedural block?
  4. Without mechanically clearing the lot, can you infill to raise the low spots without running afoul of the "gubment"

Lets get an authoritative dialogue going about these kinds of properties!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples