Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 08:26 AM

24 posts, read 27,393 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm looking to rent a place in Naples/Bonita Springs next winter and need some advice. Looking for a neighborhood with the best resort amenities, pool & food & drinks by the pool, fitness center etc. Some I've seen that look nice are Island Walk and Treviso (although not sure I want to be that far south). Looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom condo or single family home, mid price range. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 02:43 PM

69 posts, read 74,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbatoast94 View Post
Hi, I'm looking to rent a place in Naples/Bonita Springs next winter and need some advice. Looking for a neighborhood with the best resort amenities, pool & food & drinks by the pool, fitness center etc. Some I've seen that look nice are Island Walk and Treviso (although not sure I want to be that far south). Looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom condo or single family home, mid price range. Thanks!
Sterling Oaks is a resort style community. If you liked Island Walk, Village Walk and Verona Walk are by the same developer. Fiddler's Creek but that is even further south than Treviso Bay. Falling Waters on Davis Blvd is also a possibility. Heritage Bay also if you golf.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:15 AM

Thanks! While I was checking out Heritage Bay I came across The Quarry. It looks really nice. Does anyone know what the HOA fees are there? I couldn't find it on any of the houses for sale in there.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:48 AM

731 posts, read 766,934 times
Melbatoast94:

DH and I looked at the Quarry to buy, but decided against it. I thought you were looking to rent, so the HOA fees wouldn't matter?

I remember when we looked to buy there we found the taxes, CDD fees and HOA fees were on the high side.

Good luck!

Old 03-12-2017, 11:30 AM

Looking to rent in areas that we might buy. I feel that's the only way to get an idea of what it's really like.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:59 AM

1,622 posts, read 1,705,983 times
Might (probably will) be difficult to rent where you want to buy. There are so many communities here, so many variables.

I would find a place to rent that's affordable and go from there. It could take you many weeks to get to know the area and see everything.

One comment I can make after having lived more than a few places for a while is, you may think you like a community, but you can't choose your neighbors. You could rent somewhere for 6 months and love it, buy a house in that community and have lousy neighbors with out of control children on both sides of you. It has happened to us more than once.

Short term rentals may be more difficult to find than annual, especially in communities where you might want to buy.

We like Riverstone and Stonecreek for the quality of the homes (GL Homes is the builder), clubhouse and location (North Naples).

Old 03-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Yeah I get it movin1!! Our neighborhood here in the Chicago Suburbs has matured, so we don't have young kids around, so I am getting used to it being quiet. We are empty nesters, early 50's and mainly looking for a 2nd home. We would probably only be there Nov. - May, coming and going. However, we want a social neighborhood, with a lot to do so we could meet people. That is probably the most important to us. That's why a nice community pool etc is important, but more importantly a pool that the residents actually go to, as most have pools in their backyards. I could find a nice house anywhere, I'm looking for a nice community.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:34 PM

Oh, so you'll be adding to the snowbird traffic problem here. I'm kind of kidding, but not really. Traffic this "season" has been horrible.

If you want to maintain your sanity, look for 55+ communities and forget Riverstone and Stonecreek.

Best thing to do is take a 2 week vacation here and get a realtor. It's impossible to cover all of Naples and Bonita Springs on your own.

Realtor.com and all the other home websites are worthless.

Old 03-12-2017, 12:56 PM

We have 3 grown children, and would like them to visit with their kids someday and we don't want them to feel like they are visiting an old folks home. That's why we are looking for a neighborhood with a variety of ages. What exactly is the difference between Riverstone and Stonecreek?

Old 03-12-2017, 01:26 PM

Riverstone is completed, only way to buy is find finished houses for sale. Stonecreek is just north of Riverstone and is still offering new construction so you can choose your floor plan and finishes. The clubhouse at Stonecreek has not been started yet. It may be a year or more before construction starts on it and will take a year or more to complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples