Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 12:21 PM

110 posts, read 128,950 times

Advertisements

Out of state buyer trying to decide between Stone Creek (GL) and Raffia Preserve (Lennar/WCI)

I'm having trouble deciding which community. I'd like to keep the budget around $500k.

I'd like some space in between neighbors with a 3 car garage. Raffia seems to have that but is that a nice area?

Stonecreek seems a bit more upscale with a great entrance but their homes are close together.

Any advice would be great. I have seen Stonecreek in person. I have not seen Raffia Preserve in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 12:39 PM

31 posts, read 51,120 times
Stonecreek is GL homes which has an excellent reputation whereas Raffia is WCI whose reputation is less great.

I really liked the way Raffia was set up. The idea of the preserves infiltrating the space is a great one. That being said, I'd rather be close to upscale neighbors than further away from other neighbors. In the end we went with Stonecreek and it wasn't even a question. $ 500k is going to be a challenge, though.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:07 PM

790 posts, read 503,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russman3000 View Post
Stonecreek is GL homes which has an excellent reputation whereas Raffia is WCI whose reputation is less great.

I really liked the way Raffia was set up. The idea of the preserves infiltrating the space is a great one. That being said, I'd rather be close to upscale neighbors than further away from other neighbors. In the end we went with Stonecreek and it wasn't even a question. $ 500k is going to be a challenge, though.
Agree completely. Also building in Stonecreek.

Old 07-18-2017, 05:53 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,899,454 times
WCI was taken over by Lennar on February 10th of this year. Not sure what effect this will have. We looked at Raffia and Riverstone but wound up not moving to Naples. Riverstone sold out and now they are building Stone Creek. From what I can glean from the site plans, Stone Creek appears to have smaller lots which isn't surprising considering the cost of land has skyrocketed. Riverstone started around 2011 but was planned before that. GL has a sterling reputation and like someone once said "you can't get fired for buying an IBM", when IBM was the dominant computer maker. GL is the safe choice if you can live with the lot sizes.

What's the Difference between Stonecreek and Riverstone Naples Florida

New 850-home community rises where wetlands development dispute once simmered

Old 07-21-2017, 07:39 PM

110 posts, read 128,950 times
Thanks for all the advice. Stonecreek's entrance is beautiful but I do not know if I would like being in such a large community with houses so close.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kram71 View Post
Thanks for all the advice. Stonecreek's entrance is beautiful but I do not know if I would like being in such a large community with houses so close.
Kind of ironic your name is KRAM and the houses are crammed together

Old 07-22-2017, 07:51 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,706,945 times
You can get bigger lots with more space between houses but you pay a premium for the lot size. It's going to be hard to do it on your budget in Naples.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin1 View Post
You can get bigger lots with more space between houses but you pay a premium for the lot size. It's going to be hard to do it on your budget in Naples.
You also need a larger more expensive house. If you look at the site-plan for Stonecreek the large lots are in the Classic Collection that start at 570k plus the lot premium. Larger lots almost always equal larger wider houses with the same or almost the same distance between them. Because of the price of land they squeeze in as many houses as they can

Old 07-22-2017, 09:43 AM

45 posts, read 37,666 times
Look at Mockingbird Crossing by DR Horton, which is East of Collier between Immokalee and Vanderbilt Beach Road. The lots are larger and prices start at around $485K for a 2,500+ square foot home with a 3 car garage. There are no amenities, other than lawn mowing and common maintenance, so the HOA fees are low.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationNaples View Post
Look at Mockingbird Crossing by DR Horton, which is East of Collier between Immokalee and Vanderbilt Beach Road. The lots are larger and prices start at around $485K for a 2,500+ square foot home with a 3 car garage. There are no amenities, other than lawn mowing and common maintenance, so the HOA fees are low.
I would take GL over DR Horton if it was me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
View detailed profiles of: