Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 07:19 AM

787 posts, read 770,916 times

Advertisements

Tripower455 The down side of improving drive to FLL is the closing of access for ourdoors folks to ether side of gator alley and with the tall fence that's now covered in weed and vine grown that closed off seeing what's beyond the fence . It use to be entertainment for our girls to count the gators along the ditch on the side of the road when going to camp in the big cypress or to stop and catch a load of fish even if for fun for the children . Now theres no access to hunt camps that were close to 1-75 or hi-29 and now theres no access for some of the best fishing in south florida fresh waters in the borrow ditches along gator alley . BUt that's ALL on the US Park Service .

Last edited by hardluk1; 11-23-2017 at 07:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 09:34 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,096,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron e wheels View Post
Well since we are done with the vindictive views and our future projections, I'll try an answer the original question of the post.

The cost of housing is more affordable - inline with a lot that Collier has to offer. I believe it is very well laid out. They should have had more condos surrounding the town center in my opinion. People in A M do not think themselves in Naples. You don't move to A M to be close to downtown Naples. Schooling is very good and 40% of the population there does not belong to the Ave Maria Parish. Clean, quiet, and safe, with many festivities throughout the year. I haven't seen any families with 10 kids yet but I've seen families with 4 to 5 kids.

As far as times to get to 41, most people who want to get on the expressway do not go that direction. They take Rt. 82. I know of several families that live there and work at Arthrex. There are people who moved to A M because their kids are in College there. So there are several hundred young adults around who don't have a Mc Donalds to run to.

I do not live in A M but that is my parish since I live in GGE. I'm in Immokalee once a week to help out at the food pantry so I've seen a good deal of that side of the world.
Good point about the college - ABA-accredited Law School. Next closest is in Miami or Ft Lauderdale.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:09 AM

192 posts, read 176,533 times
From what I understand Ave Maria is the second best endowed Catholic University only one bigger is Notre Dame. The law school is located in Naples, not Ave Maria.

I'd like to own an Irish themed bar and grille just outside the Ave Maria gates.

Naplesfan

Old 11-23-2017, 10:23 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,068,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Tripower455 The down side of improving drive to FLL is the closing of access for ourdoors folks to ether side of gator alley and with the tall fence that's now covered in weed and vine grown that closed off seeing what's beyond the fence . It use to be entertainment for our girls to count the gators along the ditch on the side of the road when going to camp in the big cypress or to stop and catch a load of fish even if for fun for the children . Now theres no access to hunt camps that were close to 1-75 or hi-29 and now theres no access for some of the best fishing in south florida fresh waters in the borrow ditches along gator alley . BUt that's ALL on the US Park Service .
Yeah, that's definitely a downside. We used to access the south blocks from the Alley, but since they banned shooting out there, I've been down there maybe twice since '04.

SWFL suffers from a lack of usable roads that go anywhere. I'll trade less access to the wilderness for an easier drive.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:17 PM

I miss Jane's Lane and the back way to Devils Garden. I also miss Big Bear Island, Raccoon Point and the old loop road among others.

Naplesfan

Old 11-25-2017, 07:34 AM

Hard to tell your grand children about what we grew up enjoying sooo much and not being able to show them up close . Today its changed , it's ether developed over , closed to the public or highly restricted as to what you can do when and how and really no longer a country boys and girls play ground .

Guess that why many moved away over the years .

Old 11-26-2017, 07:31 AM

351 posts, read 487,158 times
I show homes in Ave Maria and also have a good friend that loves living there.

It is true - Ave Maria is about a 30 minute drive from Naples. But - not everyone wants to live in Naples. Ave Maria is a great option if you are looking for a tight knit community where people care and help one another. Homes are more affordable than Naples. There's golf, Donahue Academy (well-rated Catholic K-12 school), the University. It's a planned community with golf, a water park, play areas, community center. There's great home options for growing families as well as retirees - and for everyone in between.

It's an excellent location if you commute to the east coast for work and prefer a country drive over the congested east coast traffic. Many people who work in Miami choose to live in Ave Maria.

Let's not knock this community. It's a fast growing area. Lots of people love it!

Old 11-29-2017, 03:06 PM

It's 97 miles from Ave Maria to Ft Lauderdale airport. Considering the traffic near the coast, that's a long commute 1 1/2 hours plus..

It's 36 miles to Naples. Commute time today is 54 minutes. Thanks Waze.

It is a well thought out community It's just too far away to be called Naples.

Naplesfan

Old 11-30-2017, 11:38 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,199,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I never left.. I lived in that town longer than most of you. I know about Naples. You can talk all the crap you want about me but I watched that town go from being able to buy a home in Naples park for $30,000 on the 500 block to the snowbird infested over congested pit it is now.

There are religious nuts everywhere, I simply choose not to live in communities built SPECIFICALLY for them
Sourbottoms strikes again!

Old 12-01-2017, 07:04 AM

Naplesfan Not everyone has the budget to live in naples city or care's if they do or not . Theres a lot more to Collier County than living naples .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples