Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 06:47 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times

Advertisements

Looking at real estate in GGE right now, I don't see how it's going to be possible to sell 10,000 houses out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 08:06 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,197,769 times
It all depends on pricing. Ave Maria is the top selling community in all of Collier County. There's a huge market and pent up demand for new homes in the 200's.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:59 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
I think it's gonna be a giant nail in the coffin of GGE and northeastern Collier as we know it.

There is simply not enough infrastructure, existing or planned, to accommodate that many homes, cars and people in the area.

Last edited by Tripower455; 04-27-2018 at 10:30 PM..

Old 04-28-2018, 05:48 AM

788 posts, read 783,508 times
Only time will tell but collier enterprises tends to have infrastructure covered before advertising so I don't know why they would be any different with this community .

I believe RLW will be a self sustained community base more for the folks not needing to travel outside that area to work . People that rather have wet lands for buffers and more space per yard that is the average today .

Old 04-28-2018, 08:39 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Only time will tell but collier enterprises tends to have infrastructure covered before advertising so I don't know why they would be any different with this community .

I believe RLW will be a self sustained community base more for the folks not needing to travel outside that area to work . People that rather have wet lands for buffers and more space per yard that is the average today .
Understood. I am sure, like Ave Maria, they'll take care of the residents.

I am more worried about the impact that 10,000+ more homes and the accompanying people/cars will have to the surrounding community. These 10K are on top of the many other high density developments they're building on the already saturated Immokalee Rd. corridor. There is simply not enough macadam that goes anywhere to support the CURRENT traffic, much less this kind of growth.

During normal waking hours, Immokalee Rd., which is more or less the only way to or from there, is already like Rte. 17B in Bethel during Woodstock.

As nice as it's gonna be, unless they lock them in, most folks will want to leave occasionally, not to mention that those with a job will have to leave RLW to go to work.

Unless they're airlifted in and out by helicopter, guess where they're gonna have to go?

Old 04-28-2018, 09:36 AM

I just don't see 20-30,000 more people wanting to live even further out...and like Tri says...with really no roads in or out.
As good as I can tell, there's around 2000 houses for sale now in GGE....and when you go to the oldest listings...there's pages of the new houses sitting there. Granted, the new houses are all exactly the same and I can't stand the way they look (central american dentist office), but they are new houses.
I just don't think there's a market for 10,000 more new houses......

Old 04-28-2018, 01:47 PM

I think the build out period for the 10,000 homes will be over many many decades. Ave Maria for example has been building homes for over 15 years and I think they are only 20% built out. They are approved for 11,000 homes. Golden Gate Estates is not built out and it has been building for what 50 years? The same with Cape Coral, Port Charlotte, Leigh Acres. Even Marco Island isn't built out in prime water property on canals for boating and beach access after 50+ years of development.

If they build affordable (in the 200's) new homes in planned communities with amenities similar to Ave Maria in quality they will sell very well but it'll take many decades to build out.

Don't compare the unimproved property acreage in GGE with a planned community suburban style development. The market loves nice cheap track homes.

Eclectic homes on acreage next to the Everglades is a different market and an acquired taste.

Old 04-28-2018, 02:47 PM

logy, you may be right, and I agree with you.....I think!

Ave Maria has about 2000 homes.....but says there's about 200 homes for sale there....I think that 10% for sale is going to be a stigma for them..and not very conducive to building more new homes.

I just don't see Naples being that popular with people in that price range. There's tons of new developments going up all over Florida...in much more convenient locations

Naples draw is the beaches and town...and that attracts people with a lot more money than that..you can be in better locations and in much better developments in other places in Florida

Dunno....I don't see that many people wanting to live way out in some swamp....no matter how they decorate it

Last edited by Yac; 12-02-2020 at 02:28 AM..

Old 04-28-2018, 04:48 PM

If I wanted Beach/water access, there's better values in Charlotte County and parts of Sarasota, Manatee with great beach access. On the east coast, there's also good value in St. Augustine, Vero Beach, Brevard County.

I think if you want acreage at a great value relatively close to city amenities and don't care too much about beach access. It's hard to go wrong with the outskirts and small towns surrounding Gainesville and Ocala. Nice central location to Jax, Orlando, Tampa for day trips as well.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:13 PM

Well, honestly, that was my point...I don't see that many people wanting to live year round that far out in Collier Co., and seasonal people are not going to like that at all....when they have much better choices further up the state.

...I don't see the draw for 10,000 houses that far out and isolated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples