Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 01:51 PM

38 posts, read 35,273 times

Advertisements

Question for the form is it possible to get pizza in the area. Sadly I will be leaving on of the best areas to get pizza. Northern nj has great product . Chain store pizza is not real pizza. Pizza Hut = pizza cake. Dominos should just throw the pie in the pot hole in the road their commercial. The list goes on . Brick burnt oven pizza also might please some but pass. We are soon to be in the se section of golden gate estates. only spending short amount of time since closing on the home. Almost everything is 15 miles away . The one favorite place we found off topic is pelican Larry’s. Any help. And do I dare ask about Chinese takeout
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 02:36 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,214,652 times
I'm from Chicago so I was pretty spoiled growing up. The older I get the less pizza becomes a part of my diet and the more I treat it like a treat once in a while. That being said Naples is alright. So true anyone who thinks Dominos or Pizza Hut or Jet's pizza that is down here is real pizza needs their heads examined.

Nothing comes close to deep dish pizza from Lou Malnati's except maybe the Chicago pizza place in Gulf Coast Center in Fort Myers, I ate from their once and it did hit the spot.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:37 PM

192 posts, read 178,616 times
I've been here a long time I haven't found a good pizza. Let me know what you find. Napoli down by Naples Pier on 12th Ave South has been around a long time. There are lots of pizza joints but like Italian delis they come and they go.
That's as close as I can come

Good Luck

Naplesfan

Old 11-08-2018, 03:55 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Try Palumbo’s or NY Pizza and Pasta. Both are as close to NY/NJ as you will likely find in SWFL.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:44 PM

72 posts, read 60,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naplesfan View Post
There are lots of pizza joints but like Italian delis they come and they go.
Naplesfan

Howdy ! Aint been by there in years but there is an Italian home food you cook deli on Pine Ridge and Airport Rd in old Bed Bath and Beyond shopping center , Skillets there also .I think its called Nepolitano ? Owners name Vinny /great food the real deal and great guy . I"am guessing its still there aint been by in like 8 years . If still there you wont be disapointted . BTW i"am not Italian . God bless ..................

Old 11-08-2018, 09:21 PM

92 posts, read 101,441 times
Being from Chicago and moving to GGE it will be tough dealing with the pizza dilemma.

We are Italian though, so the solution is we'll just make our own! Get a nice outoor pizza oven, and have at it.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:42 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
I grew up on LI and mom was Italian, so is my wife, so I've been eating good homemade Italian food my entire life. I am pretty picky so it is almost always my last choice if we're going out to dinner.

NY Pizza and Pasta is decent, as is Altavilla, both are right at the edge of GGE. That said, they're still not quite as good as a pie you can get in just about any mom and pop place in any strip mall in NY or NJ. Their other menu items are good to great though.

Cirellas just opened on VBR, just west of 951, and the food is excellent. Haven't tried the pizza, but the Zuppa di Pesce was amazing.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:24 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot1959 View Post
Being from Chicago and moving to GGE it will be tough dealing with the pizza dilemma.

We are Italian though, so the solution is we'll just make our own! Get a nice outoor pizza oven, and have at it.
Huge difference between a Chicago-style pie and one from NJ/NY...I don’t know any NYers who go for deep dish.

Old 11-09-2018, 06:20 AM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,057 times
Our two favorites are NY Pasta & Pizza on corner of Immokalee and 41 or Giovanni's in Vineyards Pine Ridge. There are some really sucko ones here too. It's personal taste. From NY my wife not a deep dish fan. Me...……..heck I used to eat John's frozen pizza so I don't count.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:33 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,087,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Huge difference between a Chicago-style pie and one from NJ/NY...I don’t know any NYers who go for deep dish.
Chicago "pizza", isn't pizza.....

It's cake, with dough, sauce, meat and cheese.

It's still delicious, but it's not pizza!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples