Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 02:16 PM

18 posts, read 14,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
It made up mostly of hospitality seasonal jobs unless you're willing to work for low wage jobs which its famous for, at places like Target, Walmart, Hotels etc. Low pay high housing is the name of the game there. The other market is medical because over half the population is over 65.

No one can tell you what its like until you tell what field your in. If you have no skill set then see my answer above

I appreciate your reply...
i love Naples and i will do whatever it takes to move there...
Chicago is so wild regarding weather, life, people...evrybody rush to work to make money ....for ONLY just to make money...work, sleep, eat and watch tv...
There are only 20 or 30 days of summer, where some of them are rainy or windy....
...this july coming to explore deep the city...
i work in construction field...hopefully get a job when time comes...

Old 05-03-2019, 05:19 PM

92 posts, read 101,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardijon View Post
anyone from chicago moved to naples!???...some opinion bfore i make the move...how is the job market there????

Yeah me.

Lots of jobs, how much they pay is a different story.

I'm in construction too,but no union here so it's not like back in Chicago.

So if you're making 45 or so an hour and 80 with benefits, you're lucky to get 20 out here. Maybe as a superintendent with a degree you might tickle 80,000 p/yr. Remember, its a right to work state, so that means an employer can pay you as little or as much as the market dictates here. No one negotiates pay for you except you here, not like a union.

My advice if you want to do construction is work for someone for a little while, just to make sure you like Naples, then start your own business. They charge just as much here for everything, they just don't pay it out to their employees much.

What trade are you in?

Old 05-20-2019, 06:23 AM

thanks for the advise..
actually i work as an estimator ( subcontractor - thermal and moister div 7 trade),....
i thought construction is a big deal there, specially houses roads hotels etc...and not hard to find something in that field.....
anyway...here is still chilly and windy.....no wonder thou

Old 05-20-2019, 05:36 PM

92 posts, read 101,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardijon View Post
thanks for the advise..
actually i work as an estimator ( subcontractor - thermal and moister div 7 trade),....
i thought construction is a big deal there, specially houses roads hotels etc...and not hard to find something in that field.....
anyway...here is still chilly and windy.....no wonder thou

No its very easy to find work in construction there, I know I've tried.

It's just the pay unless you're highly skilled, and in your field you could probably do better than most.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:09 AM

789 posts, read 785,095 times
ardijon You'll want to make the rounds in the south naples areas / Port Royal to find who looks busy and see who has history . The are has changed to much since we lived there . I know companies like A.Vernon Allen name wise have been around a looong time with differnt owners but still a well known brand name in south naples custom homes . Might be worth checking out to . Also try BCBE if high rise to commercial is up your alley as they are a good long term option . There CEO started on the masonry crew fairly fresh out of high school and the company is still strong !! Good luck , collier county is a costly place to live !

Old 05-23-2019, 07:25 AM

thanks hardluk1....
i appreciate it...

Last edited by ardijon; 05-23-2019 at 07:55 AM..

Old 05-23-2019, 10:28 AM

1 posts, read 677 times
Cool Naples is a great place to visit, but not to live (If you're under 60).

Hello all! I'm new here and would like to share my 2 cents.

My fiancé and I are in our early 30's and have been living in Naples for just under 5 years. Several family members convinced us to move to Naples after we were feeling underwhelmed in the Orlando area. As previously stated, we were living in the Orlando area and were working on advancing our careers since graduating from UF in 2008 and riding the recession out. We were having some mild success in Orlando, but were feeling that our current positions were reaching their peak. I work in IT and my fiancé works in marketing. Based on our time in SWFL, here's what we've experienced. First, Naples is absolutely beautiful! Both of us are Florida natives, so we're not new to beaches and everything else Florida has to offer in regards to nature. Naples does have possibly the best beaches and resorts in the whole state. However, on a more personal level, Naples has not served us well in our top priority of advancing our careers more importantly, our income. The number of positions and salaries being offered in SWFL are low compared to other parts of the country and even other parts of Florida. Second is the inflated housing market. The housing market is a bit inflated in Collier most likely due to the high volumes of retirees moving to the area. As an example, $300K in Collier county will get you a new 3/2/2 town home or 20+ year old 3/2/2 house with most new or recently built single family homes starting around $500K. That's a bit inflated compared to most housing markets in the U.S. and even Florida. Another issue we've had since moving to Naples is the lack of variety when it comes to things to do during free time. The beach, golf, shopping and bar hopping are great, but does get old after a while. Collier county just does not have a wide variety of things to do. We have gone to a museum and a couple theater shows in Fort Myers, but there's really not much else to do down here except beach, golf, shopping and bar hopping. In the end, my fiancé and I have come to the conclusion that SWFL is great for those in the final phase of life (retirees) and those taking a break from life (vacationers). So we've decided to relocate. After fielding several job offers around the country, it looks like we're most likely heading to the Charlotte, NC area (which we happen to have family and friends in as well). So Naples is a great area, but just not for us. We'll visit often, but never live here again.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:00 AM

390 posts, read 397,502 times
If someone couldn't hack it in Orlando, I don't know why they thought they were going to magically advance their careers in Naples. That says something more about this person's judgment than it does about Naples.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:18 AM

6,417 posts, read 4,913,806 times
Charlotte has the worst traffic, I dread having to drive through there, plus its nowhere near the ocean. It does have cheap housing though. I have lots of family in Charlotte, but I would never consider living there.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:22 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Charlotte has the worst traffic, I dread having to drive through there, plus its nowhere near the ocean. It does have cheap housing though. I have lots of family in Charlotte, but I would never consider living there.
Duddeee. The worst.. hubby works 7 miles from home and he’s taken and hour and 45 to get home some days. Yesterday there was a 2 hour delay to get just north of the city... 2 hours to drive from North Naples to Bonita in mileage. I used to complain so much about Naples traffic until I moved to Charlotte and realized traffic is DAILY backed up so bad it crosses state lines. Our entire days are literally planned out between 10-3:30 or after 7. If you’re out any time between those times except 45+ mins just go to 2-3 miles. Still wouldn’t go back to Naples tho lol.

Also housing isn’t as cheap as it was even two years ago when we moved here. Yah it’s still cheaper than Naples but homes that were going for $175,000 when we moved here are now $265,000+. Prop tax reassessment happen this year and some people went up 70%!! They’re pissed. Lots and lots of dangerous places in Charlotte. Murders are up bad (55+ this year so far) and so imo if it seems affordable it’s not safe. Lots of families leaving. Sad to see it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples