U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-17-2021, 08:20 AM
 
8 posts, read 10,750 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

I live in MA and now planning to move to FL, for the much warmer weather, beautiful beaches, much friendlier housing market and tax policy. I am looking to buy a 1 bed condo in a resort type of community, with budget 250k.


I was looking in Tampa area, and Naples caught my eyes because:

1. the great reputation of being a very safe city,
2. I heard no hurricane in Naples area,
3. Tampa area's housing market is way too hot now.

I have started my search in RedFin but the price range is VERY wide in Naples, and I am a little lost. Any recommendation for the areas I should focus on? I am not looking to have a ocean view.

Also, any insights about Naples vs Tampa? I will be working remotely, so the job market aspect doesn't matter much to me.

Oh, another reason I would love to move to FL is that I can cycle and play tennis outdoor the whole year.

Thanks much in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2021, 01:21 PM
 
207 posts, read 370,176 times
Reputation: 323
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Naples market is as hot or hotter than Tampa's (well, maybe not so much for condos as SFHs) and hurricanes could hit either area. Even inland cities like Orlando can be flooded out during a hurricane. The plus side of hurricanes is that you know they're coming in advance and have time to prepare, unlike with a tornado, earthquake, etc. Most homes are now built to withstand the storms and people only really evacuate if they live in areas that could get flooded out like the islands or mobile home parks for obvious reasons.

Just as with Tampa, not all parts of Naples are created equal which could explain the wide price range you're seeing when searching. I think you'd probably be better off in the area between the 2 cities (think Venice, Englewood, North Port, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, etc.) with regard to your budget. Just think about the things you need access to and like to see/do in your current locale and see which of those cities might be comparable so you can maximize the benefit of your move.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2021, 02:43 PM
 
8 posts, read 10,750 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SellingNWCape View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Naples market is as hot or hotter than Tampa's (well, maybe not so much for condos as SFHs) and hurricanes could hit either area. Even inland cities like Orlando can be flooded out during a hurricane. The plus side of hurricanes is that you know they're coming in advance and have time to prepare, unlike with a tornado, earthquake, etc. Most homes are now built to withstand the storms and people only really evacuate if they live in areas that could get flooded out like the islands or mobile home parks for obvious reasons.

Just as with Tampa, not all parts of Naples are created equal which could explain the wide price range you're seeing when searching. I think you'd probably be better off in the area between the 2 cities (think Venice, Englewood, North Port, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, etc.) with regard to your budget. Just think about the things you need access to and like to see/do in your current locale and see which of those cities might be comparable so you can maximize the benefit of your move.
Thanks much for your inputs!! Especially the one about harricanes - I was curious how come Naples is so lucky..

It really helps - I thought Naples were more popular too! It's just that I started looking at Naples yesterday, and there were not much inventory, but I saw some condos have been on the market for over 100 days, so I thought maybe Naples would be easier...

Also thanks much for your suggestion. I searched condos under 250k in Cape Coral, Fort Myers, etc., the results were all basically 2b2b sized 1000 +...

Would appreciate it greatly if you could help on a couple of more questions for Naples:

1. Would 300K be a more realistic budget to buy a 1-bed (smaller than 850 sf) in Naples?

2. In Naples, I also saw some 2b2b condos under 250K, like the ones in GULF WINDS EAST - the community seem to have all the things I am looking for - tennis court, pool, how come the price is much lower than other area? Is it good neighborhood? Also some condos in Naples but close to Marco Island are in the lower price range too.

3. I also saw Regal Point in Naples has 1 bed condos under 250k, on the market for a very long time already. Is that a good community?

Thanks again!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2021, 02:49 PM
 
8 posts, read 10,750 times
Reputation: 16
I just saw below information from another post - wondering if there are condo buildings in these areas...

"San Remo or Village Walk in Bonita Springs - one road to the beach (about 6 miles), gated community, lots of amenities (more In Village Walk), 3 Bedroom Townhome with 2 car garage and large patio are $325k in San Remo now and about $350k-$375k in Village Walk. HOA fees are cheap, under $450/month and include your cable Internet and landscaping. "
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2021, 03:49 PM
 
207 posts, read 370,176 times
Reputation: 323
I'm not super familiar with any of those areas so my suggestion would be to check back later and hopefully Marc and JP will see this and offer you more intel as they are much more familiar with the greater Naples area. They both work/worked in real estate and live in that area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2021, 04:13 PM
 
657 posts, read 601,197 times
Reputation: 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by athynana View Post
I just saw below information from another post - wondering if there are condo buildings in these areas...

"San Remo or Village Walk in Bonita Springs - one road to the beach (about 6 miles), gated community, lots of amenities (more In Village Walk), 3 Bedroom Townhome with 2 car garage and large patio are $325k in San Remo now and about $350k-$375k in Village Walk. HOA fees are cheap, under $450/month and include your cable Internet and landscaping. "
Not sure how old you are, but isn't Village Walk in Bonita a 55 and over community? Also, are you interested in Bonita Springs or Naples? IMHO I wouldn't buy in Bonita Springs, no less in the locations above.

Go to realtor.com and put in your search for at least 1-2 bedroom for your budget. That should give you a better idea of what you're dealing with. A lot of listings go pending pretty quickly. Example of Naples condo's for under 250,000: Emerald Lakes, Tarpon Bay, Piper's grove, Cypress Woods, Huntington Lakes, I could go on. Yes, most of these are under contract, but it's worth a look when one comes up.

Come down and take a look! Go to open houses on Sundays just to get through the gated community and look around and see if you like it.

Good luck!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2021, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Coral Gables / Bonita Springs
2,083 posts, read 1,884,836 times
Reputation: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by athynana View Post
I just saw below information from another post - wondering if there are condo buildings in these areas...

"San Remo or Village Walk in Bonita Springs - one road to the beach (about 6 miles), gated community, lots of amenities (more In Village Walk), 3 Bedroom Townhome with 2 car garage and large patio are $325k in San Remo now and about $350k-$375k in Village Walk. HOA fees are cheap, under $450/month and include your cable Internet and landscaping. "
That was my post


To the person above - its definitely not a 55+ community, you're thinking of Valencia Bonita. San Remo has some kids (maybe 8-10 of diff ages catching the middle school/high school bus) and a few toddlers, as well as my 6 year old

One of the best values although prices are soaring. The 3/3 townhome w/ 2 car garage used to be $275k, now they are $325k. The 2/2 villa were $280k and now $330k (more with a pool). So if you want Village walk (more amenities, 24/7 guard) add another 7-10% to those prices (Same developer so all the units in San Remo are basically the same as VW). But it does have that Resort feel you're looking for !
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2021, 05:33 AM
 
657 posts, read 601,197 times
Reputation: 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
That was my post


To the person above - its definitely not a 55+ community, you're thinking of Valencia Bonita. San Remo has some kids (maybe 8-10 of diff ages catching the middle school/high school bus) and a few toddlers, as well as my 6 year old

One of the best values although prices are soaring. The 3/3 townhome w/ 2 car garage used to be $275k, now they are $325k. The 2/2 villa were $280k and now $330k (more with a pool). So if you want Village walk (more amenities, 24/7 guard) add another 7-10% to those prices (Same developer so all the units in San Remo are basically the same as VW). But it does have that Resort feel you're looking for !
Thanks for the clarification about Bonita Springs Village Walk. Wasn't sure. It seems that you're recommending Bonita Springs a lot when people ask about Naples. I assume that's because you live there . Glad you are happy there! Yes, I am very familiar with San Remo. I have friends that live there. But the OP was asking about Naples, not Bonita Springs.

As you know, you can always buy what's in your budget if you don't care about the location. There is a difference between Naples and Bonita Springs. Taxes, investment value, landscaping on roads, beaches, etc. That "one road to the beach" from San Remo is Bonita Beach Road. At the end is the beautiful Barefoot Beach which is in Collier County, not lee. If you don't live in Collier County (Naples) you have to pay I believe it's $8 a day now? When you own property in Naples you get a free beach pass which entitles you to park for free at any Naples beach. In my experience a lot of people that I know that have bought in Bonita Springs are always traveling to Naples for beaches, etc. Out of those people, a few have sold in Bonita Springs and moved to Naples.

JMHO!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2021, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Coral Gables / Bonita Springs
2,083 posts, read 1,884,836 times
Reputation: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
Thanks for the clarification about Bonita Springs Village Walk. Wasn't sure. It seems that you're recommending Bonita Springs a lot when people ask about Naples. I assume that's because you live there . Glad you are happy there! Yes, I am very familiar with San Remo. I have friends that live there. But the OP was asking about Naples, not Bonita Springs.


JMHO!
Actually you're incorrect (again) - he was asking specifically about a post I wrote on a different topic. So I was responding in kind.

And the beach at the end of the road does have Pay meter parking. It also has beach access 3-9 which are all free. That's where we park if we get up early enough and get moving (usually by 9Am there).

I'm not here to compare Bonita vs Naples because its not even Apples to Apples.

I'm glad you have friends who moved from Bonita to Naples. I have customers who moved from Naples to Bonita, as well as Estero. People move around for various reasons. If money was no issue, of course I'd choose Naples over Bonita (and estero, etc).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2021, 09:43 AM
 
8 posts, read 10,750 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtondo View Post
Not sure how old you are, but isn't Village Walk in Bonita a 55 and over community? Also, are you interested in Bonita Springs or Naples? IMHO I wouldn't buy in Bonita Springs, no less in the locations above.

Go to realtor.com and put in your search for at least 1-2 bedroom for your budget. That should give you a better idea of what you're dealing with. A lot of listings go pending pretty quickly. Example of Naples condo's for under 250,000: Emerald Lakes, Tarpon Bay, Piper's grove, Cypress Woods, Huntington Lakes, I could go on. Yes, most of these are under contract, but it's worth a look when one comes up.

Come down and take a look! Go to open houses on Sundays just to get through the gated community and look around and see if you like it.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for the very useful information about condos under 250k!! I am noting down these condos for my research. I saw a lot of pictures of the area, and truly a beautiful city with amazing beaches!! You're lucky living there.

Yes I plan to go visit, to see the condos and also to feel the summer there. I have been in FL in winter and spring, but never been in there in summer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top