Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 10:05 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,663,314 times

Advertisements

A realtor should be able to help you find a house in your price range in an area with no HOA. The question is, would you want to live there? You could live anywhere between Naples and Fort Myers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2023, 08:35 PM

36 posts, read 68,973 times
Default Lehigh Acres?

How is Lehigh Acres?
We are almost done with school, and my son hates all schools, but I want it to be at least decent and safe.
How's crime in that area?
What kind of vibe does that area have?

Old 02-02-2023, 09:51 AM

89 posts, read 68,574 times
Lehigh is all full time residents, working class, huge area. there must be a little of everything in Lehigh. Most of Naples excluding, GGE, GGC, Naples Manor, 6L Farms, etc. are second homes in gated communities. Everywhere else in Naples meaning West of 75, in a nice neighborhood is averaging 2mm +

Old 02-02-2023, 12:23 PM

1,332 posts, read 2,169,387 times
Check out Babcock Ranch north of Ft. Myers. Centrally located to both the ft. Myers and punta gorda airport and 1 hour commute to Naples which is certainly doable a couple times a month.

Old 02-03-2023, 07:29 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,323,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyanylitics View Post
Yes Estero sounds good for you. There is a almost an acre lot there that I considered, on See See St. , No hoa, the builder owns it and told me I get into a new house in under 12 months, well under a million. I don't know if you can wait that long, but it is a nice location backing up to a preserve.
The lot alone is $400k..no way he's building you a custom home for under $600k. A 2k sq ft home (small for custom build) would be less than $300/ft, not happening.

Regarding the question above - the 2 offices is the hardest part. You're looking for a single family home under $600k when the avg sale price last month in Naples was $610k. I Believe Bonita was around $515k. You might get something in Bonita, but it will be slim pickens, same for Estero. Even a new development like Verdana Village in Estero offering great incentives won't have 2 home offices along with bedrooms for everyone. You'll need a 2 story home, over 3k sq ft and that's going to push you to $750k-$900k in Bonita/Estero.

Perhaps something in Golden Gate estates (which is still Naples) that is on 1-2 acres. you could build an additional dwelling unit (ADU) or guest house to fit the bill long term. But you have to want to live in the country (you'll hear roosters, gun shots, etc and not be 10 mins to the nearest anything).

Punta Gorda - yes its a mixed bag. You have a kid still in school? not ideal. That area is growing, but its still mostly boaters, retirees, golfers, etc.

Someone mentioned Babcock Ranch - again, great area but over your budget for the size of home you'll need. If you just needed a standard 3/2, it *might* work, but add in the offices and its over budget.

Regarding HOA fees - you get what you pay for. If you want full amenities with guard gate, then its $300-$500/mo for a house. in Corkscrew Shores where we sell a lot of homes, its $400/month. But its guard gated, amazing amenities and they take care of lawn care, tree trimming and irrigation water. Most SW FL HOAs take care of lawn care, some even throw in Cable and/or internet. However, there are other locations where the HOAs are very low.

Someone mentioned Ave Maria, you're lookin about $200-$240/mo for HOA there. Sure its a religious town in the middle of no where, but it has its charm (and a very hard golf course too).

Since you're commuting a couple of days per month and not week, you'll be better served living further north and just biting the bullet on commute days if you want to stay under $600k and under $300/mo in HOA fees as well as have a good school for your child. Perhaps Orlando or pockets outside Tampa.

Why not get a townhome in Naples, live by an A-rated school and low crime and one of you rent a cheap office at like VentureX for $900/month so you can buy a newer home in the $500k range?

Old 02-03-2023, 07:57 AM

1,332 posts, read 2,169,387 times
Marc is the expert on the current market pricing so I agree you are probably going to have to reset your expectations. Maybe find a 3/2 with a den or upstairs bonus room for one office and the second office put a desk in your master bedroom in the corner or somewhere in the living room. You are going to have to compromise somewhere on your budget. Maybe look at Lakewood Ranch area outside Sarasota. Great schools.

Old 02-03-2023, 08:59 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,343,357 times
You might want to look at Gateway. There are homes big enough for your needs in Gateway Greens, but may be out of your price range. However, there are a couple of 3,500 sq/ft homes for sale in Daniels Preserve that are 4/4 with an office on the first floor and a bonus room on the second floor and pool and spa. 650-750 range. Listing states HOA fee is 150/month. Commute to Naples would be easy (a couple miles east of I75), airport is 15 minutes away, shopping and restaurants a short drive away.

Old 02-04-2023, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
You might want to look at Gateway. There are homes big enough for your needs in Gateway Greens, but may be out of your price range. However, there are a couple of 3,500 sq/ft homes for sale in Daniels Preserve that are 4/4 with an office on the first floor and a bonus room on the second floor and pool and spa. 650-750 range. Listing states HOA fee is 150/month. Commute to Naples would be easy (a couple miles east of I75), airport is 15 minutes away, shopping and restaurants a short drive away.
This is very true - how's the high school though?

Old 02-05-2023, 08:29 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,343,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
This is very true - how's the high school though?
Don’t know. It just opened a year ago. Doesn’t have a track record yet. The charter HS in Gateway has been around for quite a while and has its pros and cons according to those with kids who attend school there.

Old 02-06-2023, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
Don’t know. It just opened a year ago. Doesn’t have a track record yet. The charter HS in Gateway has been around for quite a while and has its pros and cons according to those with kids who attend school there.
outside of maybe Pinewoods Elementary or Bishop Verot private high school, I don't know of a lot of Lee County 'great' schools. That's the only concern I'd have as a parent.

That's why I made the 'grin and bear it' statement & get yourself a new townhome in Naples until your kid graduates. One office upstairs and one downstairs (probably in the Master Bedroom).

I'd say Golden Gate estates too and get a loan to build an ADU on the property (or find a home with a guest house/ADU already built). Good schools out there too, just make sure you check your internet connection first, some spots are pretty weak out there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples