Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:47 AM

10 posts, read 57,562 times

Advertisements

Hello! Looking at a possible relocation to Naples. After extensive reading, I have found that North Naples sounds like the best fit for us (married couple, early 30's, with one 7 year old). Now I am trying to find an actual neighborhood. Needs to be in the best schools, must have a pool, and be child-friendly. Looking to rent 2 to 3 bedroom for under $1300. Lots of listings on craigslist, but there are SO many different neighborhoods!! Would love some feedback! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 08:14 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,747,657 times
All of the gated communities are decent. The run from decent middle class into the bazillions.

You need to give some community names or street names to narrow it down.

A pool-community pool or private? Home or condo?

The schools in NN generally have a good reputation.

Where will you be working? The commute can be awful, especially in the winter.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,821,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
The commute can be awful, especially in the winter.
I hear this all the time and wonder where the people come from since, to me, the worst rush hour in Naples is light compared to Boston, Chicago or New York. It's not nearly as bad as traffic in Miami or Tampa either.

There are certain times when traveling up I-75 or Route 41 is brutal, especially when there's an accident. I had never seen so many accidents until I moved here and I've been driving a long time.

So, if you are talking about a commute to/from Fort Myers during prime traveling times, I will agree with you. I remember sitting in my car on the way home from work in Fort Myers with a Boston Market meal on my passenger seat. I finally decided to eat it, only to discover I didn't get utensils. (I ate the mashed potatoes with my fingers anyway!) However, getting from point A to point B in Naples is easy, even in Feb or Mar. Just my opinion, but based on personal experience. I lived in Bonita Springs and commuted to the East Trail for over a year. I left at 8:45 and I got there at 9:30 at the height of season and in July. I mean, if 41 is backed up, you can take Airport or Goodlette.

By the way, I now keep a set of plastic forks & spoons in my car!

Old 07-12-2009, 05:41 PM

A lot of people work in Naples but live in Ft. Myers. This affects traffic on I-75 immensely.

Most working folk in Golden Gate Estates work in Naples. The commute from there to Naples is hell, especially in the winter.

I agree Tampa and Miami are worse, but the OP isn't moving there.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Most working folk in Golden Gate Estates work in Naples. The commute from there to Naples is hell, especially in the winter.
I suppose it depends on what time you're on the road and what route you need to take. I once took a part-time job in Fort Myers from 3 to 9. The only way I could be sure I'd make it to work on time was to leave at 1 and then I'd stop at Barnes & Nobles to read a magazine if I was early. That was only a 20 mile ride from Bonita Beach Road! Yet, when I worked near the Coastland Mall, it was an easy 20-25 minutes from my home near Bonita Beach. Maybe it's gotten a lot worse since then.

Anyway, getting back to the original question...as you said, there aren't many bad communities in North Naples. They don't have to be gated either. I mean, what's wrong with Victoria Park? (or is that gated now?) That's a family oriented neighborhood, if I'm not mistaken.

I'd stay out of Naples Park, even though it's near the beach. That's always a hit or miss.

Bazillions? Aren't those people from a country in South America?

Old 07-12-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyTam View Post
Now I am trying to find an actual neighborhood. Needs to be in the best schools, must have a pool, and be child-friendly. Looking to rent 2 to 3 bedroom for under $1300. Lots of listings on craigslist, but there are SO many different neighborhoods!! Would love some feedback! Thanks.
Not sure what you mean by "actual neighborhood." It's probably a good idea to contact a real estate agent who specialized in rentals. If you want more listings than what you see on Craig's List, use the Board of Realtors and click on Find A Home and then Rental. Look in the Naples Daily News online too. [URL="http://www.naplesarea.com"]Naples Area Board of Realtors - Find a Home and Find a Realtor in Naples Florida[/URL]

Old 07-13-2009, 05:24 AM

There is nothing wrong with Victoria Park. It is a family oriented community. Along with Palm River and Naples Park, it is one of the few non gated communities in North Naples.

Naples Park is hit or miss but it is a good starting point to rent and look around.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:30 AM

7 posts, read 25,102 times
What's the word on the Remington in Pelican Bay? Its the building right next to the beach Ritz Carlton. If you buy in the Remington you get instant access to the Ritz beach hotel. Sounds like a good value, but I don't know any insiders to glean info from

Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM

I don't have "insider info", but Pelican Bay is very high end. The Remington is in Bay Colony, a separate gated community inside of Pelican Bay. Pelican Bay is for the wealthy. Bay Colony is for the ultra wealthy.

I did a quick google search and found a condo in the Remington, built in 1996, for $7,750,000.

If you consider this price bracket a "good value" then I don't see how you can go wrong there.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:42 AM

7 posts, read 25,102 times
The Remington is expensive, but seems like a good value bc it is a large ocean front property in Naples in a new building. RMD thank you for the info about Bay Colony too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples