Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:03 AM

208 posts, read 611,945 times

Advertisements

I agree to at least put it in the title. When I first started coming on here, I didn't know where I should post questions about the area I live in. In general, I do not consider Naples/Golden Gate Estates/Marco Island part of Lee county. So, if someone would change Lee County to, "Lee and Collier Counties", I think it would help new people a lot. I know it would have helped me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 08:32 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Look up.

It doesn't say "Lee County." It says "Fort Myers - Cape Coral area." We should simply add "Naples."

Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,726,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Look up.

It doesn't say "Lee County." It says "Fort Myers - Cape Coral area." We should simply add "Naples."
You know, I agreed Hik, but then I took a closer look...it actually does say "Lee County" in very fine print after the main heading in bold......it's easy to overlook.

YC.......

Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 AM

Aha! I never noticed that they put the counties under most of these forum headings.

I just think keeping off Naples would get some folks confused on where to post. There have been more than one Naples thread out on the main forum. In fact, there is one now. And I miss most of those folks. Good I didn't miss the latest one. The guy wants to move to Naples because he heard there is lots of construction.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Look up.

It really wouldn't be that difficult to add Collier County to the forum title It is only a couple clicks of the mouse and wallah...new people will know where to go to ask questions.

Also, as most of us know, Collier County is not just Naples. It has a few more cities, including parts of Bonita, Marco, GGE, just to name a few. So, by adding Collier County, people that are not familiar with this site, will know there is a forum they can enter. I don't understand what the big deal is. Are people on here so afraid of change, that adding 2 or 3 words to a title scares them???

Old 02-03-2010, 05:03 PM

917 posts, read 2,614,476 times
It might not be as easy as a "couple clicks of the mouse".
Google Ad Words might be involved in some way. I think the ads can be "targeted" to locations. If you start giving those locations new names...?

Google AdWords

Old 02-03-2010, 05:14 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
Yes, there are threads about Naples, but they are few and far between. What they should do is call it "Lee AND Collier County", and list Naples, Immokalee, Marco Island, and Everyglades City, along with Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, etc., etc. After all, the airlines, the travel boards, etc., call it Ft. Myers/Naples area.

Naples does not warrant it's own forum.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:56 PM

It is just a title, that gives direction, where someone should post. I started coming here (City Data) in 2007, but only lurked. When I finally signed up and went to post in 2008, I had no idea where to post a question. I was searching for info in all the SWF area, but felt that this was only for Fort Myers area (Lee county). I posted on the main Florida forum, on Lee counties and on
Manatee and Sarasota Counties. I didn't ask questions about Collier county for a long time, not knowing where to ask them at. Some on here are not friendly and make people feel foolish for posting wrong questions in wrong forums.

If you look, other titles have more than one county on them.

I am sure I wasn't the only one unsure of where to post.

I help run another web site for one of my hobbies. It really shouldn't be an issue adding a county to the forum. We change our titles and add new ones as our hobby and site grows.

I just think adding Collier County to the title makes sense, this is where most of us come.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 PM

Krisitn, I said, right before your post, that I hadn't noticed that we had Lee County already there. Adding Collier County would be great.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin4 View Post
It really wouldn't be that difficult to add Collier County to the forum title It is only a couple clicks of the mouse and wallah...new people will know where to go to ask questions.

Also, as most of us know, Collier County is not just Naples. It has a few more cities, including parts of Bonita, Marco, GGE, just to name a few. So, by adding Collier County, people that are not familiar with this site, will know there is a forum they can enter. I don't understand what the big deal is. Are people on here so afraid of change, that adding 2 or 3 words to a title scares them???
I agree that it wouldn't hurt to add Naples to the name of the forum, but people should be smart enough to realize that Naples is included in the Fort Myers forum. I mean, when I was looking at homes in Simpsonville SC, I looked for the nearest city listed on the forums and went to the Greenville forum. If I wanted to live in Plano TX, I would go to the Dallas forum. It's not brain surgery.

However, I'll vote for calling it the Fort Myers-Naples forum. Who the heck cares about Cape Coral anyway?

I always thought it should be named Fort Myers - Naples in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples