Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,025 posts, read 6,510,209 times

Advertisements

IMHO, things are being done right in this area. Three examples:

I went to the local Comcast office to pick up a DVR box. The place was packed. I almost turned around and left. But I saw the take a number thingy and figured, what the heck. Took a number and was walking out with a new DVR cable box in less then 15 minutes.

I went to the Collier Government office building off Airport today to get a beach parking sticker. The place was packed with people doing all kinds of county related business. Was given a number slip. Sat down and within 5 minutes I was walking out with my parking sticker.

When to the Collier County Library branch next store. Got my library card. What a beautiful facility!!

I don't know about the rest of the state, but this area beats any other I have lived in by a long shot, at least early impression wise......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 10:29 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,054,160 times
Lee Countians often go over and conduct their business at the Collier County DMV. My MIL has her car registered there, even though she lives in Cape Coral. The Lee County DMV is a nightmare.

By the way, you all don't have a chat thread, but I came back to visit Lee County a few days ago and was very disappointed that I did not have time to visit Collier. Our daughter wanted to see where she was born. But we will be back.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 6,022 times
Yes our speedy library cards and beach parking stickers are glorious. As seen on pay per view channels and draws people from around the world.....are you serious? This is a highlight in your view of this town/city/nursing home

Old 03-14-2010, 12:13 PM

Yes I am serious. Quality of life is important to me. I seem to have found much of it here (in Naples).

Old 03-15-2010, 11:09 AM

60 posts, read 284,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Yes I am serious. Quality of life is important to me. I seem to have found much of it here (in Naples).
I'm glad you made it down and enjoying how easy it is to get things done.
Everything is fast & efficient.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:10 PM

592 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Don't know what's wrong with that guy, but Tmozer, welcome!! And, yes, ease of living is MIGHTY important. That guy is probably the first to complain if he has to wait for anything. Ease of doing the necessities gives you time to see the free time pleasures and the pleasantness of the people you deal with when doing day to day chores leaves you in a great mood to go have fun when you're finished with them. That's why they call Naples PARADISE. Again, welcome!

Old 03-16-2010, 08:08 AM

The only Naples related system I have had reason to question is the Post Office. We have been here almost two weeks now and have received a little locally mailed items (like our closing papers which took a week mailed from the title office in Naples) and no mail from outside the area (my son forward mail from NJ over a week ago). I've called the post office and talked to the carrier. Has not helped yet.....

Old 03-17-2010, 03:34 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,055,042 times
tmozer.....enjoy all the rest and just adapt to the post office situation.
I've wondered if it even operates by the same rules as the rest of the country
I allow a week for first class that I ordinarily figure 2/3 days.
Spotting an alligator is easier than a blue street box

Old 03-18-2010, 09:13 PM

592 posts, read 1,807,780 times
Yep, been in this town for ten years and the PO stinks. It takes a week for anything to get in or out of this town. And, don't EVER try to do a short term address transfer or hold on your mail. Find a friendly neighbor to take in your mail for you and give them prepaid envelopes or boxes to mail you your mail, if necessary. We tried that twice with the post office and it was a nightmare!!!! Like the above poster said, ya just gotta adapt.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:57 PM

622 posts, read 1,658,701 times
Naples is a great place to be. Glad you're loving it! (I grew up there..)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples