U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-21-2007, 01:50 PM

13 posts, read 24,443 times

Advertisements

does anyone have any info on wilson county area? we are mostly looking at mt. juliet, watertown, or lebanon. are there things to do, good churches? we visited there this weekend and loved it! just wanted to know if it is as good as it seems!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 04:03 PM

13 posts, read 52,504 times
Wilson county is very nice indeed. Mt Juliet is a very rapidly growing area so I hope you aren't looking for quite small town- because it is growing out of that now and I don't see the growth stopping anytime soon. I looked at buying a home in Mt Juliet before decideing to leave Tennessee all together. Lebonon is smaller of course and a little more "country". You will probably end up doing most of your shopping in Mt Juliet anyway. Churches are about every 100 feet in all of Middle Tennessee (the heart of the Bible Belt afterall)so you should have no problem finding one that suits your family.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:18 PM

13 posts, read 24,443 times
thanks very much for the info!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,469 times
Smile Mount Juliet

Dear family of three.
I grew up about five miles from Mount Juliet in a small area known as Hermitage, about 40 years ago. My wife and I moved to Mt Juliet 10 years ago due to the poor educational system of metro-Nashville. Our two daughters at the time where at the ages of 8 and 11. When they started in the Mount Juliet schools they where about a year to a year and a half behind in every subject but P.E. Needless to say the Wilson county schools are at the top of line in all areas. Sports in this area is a typical small town “shut down the mall’ its Friday night sports”. We love our Mount Juliet Bears.

The town is growing, growing fast, but thanks to our city planners all is in a calculated stride that seems to be “as we need it” growth. The thing about this area is the main growth is kind of centered and living areas are on the outer regions of the city.
The prices are such as to keep the rift-raft out (My opinion) not a lot of lower income neighborhoods.

Well I could go on and on, but this town is one of the best middle Tennessee has to offer. If you have any questions, drop me a line and I will help any way I can…

Old 07-10-2007, 05:25 PM

1,716 posts, read 4,848,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susiek View Post
...Lebonon is smaller of course and a little more "country".
Really??? I always thought Lebanon was bigger than MJ. In 2000, Lebanon was almost twice as big as MJ (20,000 to 12,000).

If I was going to live anywhere in Middle TN, other than where I am now, I would want to move to Mount Juliet. It's a really nice area that is close to a lot of things (lakes, parks, shopping, airport, etc.)

I could be wrong on this, but I think it is the second fastest growing city in TN (behind Oakland). If it's not number 1, it is definately up there.

They also seem to be growing smartly, as oppossed to haphazardly (i.e. Murfreesboro).

Like a previous poster mentioned, I think MJ wants to attract certain type of people so you won't find a lot of lower income houses there.

For me, MJ is like a more affordable, down-to-earth Franklin/Brentwood.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:41 PM

15 posts, read 40,527 times
Lebanon is actually larger than Mt Juliet. Lebanon is a great city to live in. There are lots of things to do in Lebanon such as going to the many events at the ag center, museums, parks, shopping, Nashville Super Speedway(more than just races) etc. One thing that I like about Lebanon is the downtown area; there are lots of shops and great things downtown. There is also planning going on to fully refurbish the many historic areas in lebanon including the downtown area and the public square, and to connect them all together using alternative transportation; thus creating a more urban dense core to build around. One thing about Mt Juliet is that there is no real downtown it feels more like a sprawly neighborhood rather than a city. No matter where you choose in Wilson County you will find nice people and wonderful churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville