Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 PM

815 posts, read 2,018,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Where do I begin with this post?

- Let's start here. You call sideways baseball caps, nightgowns in public, and sagging pants that are five sizes too big "cultures"? Because that is what is being made fun of on that site that you find so offensive.

- Making a mockery of Obama automatically makes one a racist? What about those who made a mockery of Bush for eight years? Did they all hate whites?

- All I'll say about the long race-related diatribe throughout the middle of your post is that no one brought up race in this thread until you did. That is to be expected of a liberal, though. Always playing the race card but trying to project that racism on others.

- That "silly web site" should be enough to give any reasonable person dozens of picture-perfect "reasons" to avoid the Hickory Hollow area.

Oh, and the "Harlem Renaissance" happened in the 1920s. What happened between then and the 1970s/1980s mirrors what is happening to Antioch/Hickory Hollow now.
And Pimpy, are you telling me that there is no one in Hendersonville that has worn a ball cap to the side, or sagging pants? If I see people dressed in that matter, should I tell them to avoid Hendersonville? I'm sure there are peole who dress in like that in Hendersonville and maybe even some other ways that are different from what me or you would wear, but I would't dare negatively judge an entire city based on something like that, why waist my time. Why waist your time taking pictures like that anywas, OMG!, Antioch must be popular, it sure stays on the mind of many people on here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 AM

369 posts, read 942,480 times
compare the indian lake shopping area of hendersonville and hickory hollow mall.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
compare the indian lake shopping area of hendersonville and hickory hollow mall.
Ok, will do once Starwood Commons is open. Welcome to Starwood Commons, Nashville, Tennessee
Until then there are other new retail centers that have open through out the large Antioch area.
Lets compare Indian Lake to Providence, which is literally just over the lake from Antioch, you can see the lights from several parts of Antioch. Umm..., Providence is 10 times better than Indian Lake, or lets take a trip down to The Avenue, in Murfreesboro, don't even have to go that far down 24, we can stop 5 mins outside of Antioch in Smryna at the Colloniel Town Center, still better than Indian Lake, I mean since everyone is on the Metro tip now, all those areas are still with in close vicinity to Antioch, and Hickory Hollow still has a lot to offer to those who like what they have,and Antioch and the Antioch area, I-24 corridor continues to grow and add new stuff year after year. But why are we comparing Antioch to Hendersonville anywas? Sumner county vs. Davidson, a totally different ball game...
By the way, there is a bus route in Antioch, as the original question was asked to stay on topic.

Last edited by Antioch; 07-15-2010 at 01:05 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 07:56 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times
Quote:
-As far as the mokery to Obama, yes it is racist, due to the caption written under it, everyone knows what it was talking about.
The caption underneath the picture of the Obama shirt read, "If you need a Pro-Bama t-shirt, you can certainly find one here." Apparently everyone except me knows that was a racist statement, because I don't see it. Since you're so good at determining people's intentions, why don't you explain to us what people meant when they constantly ridiculed and bashed George W. Bush?

Quote:
-Making fun of innocent people and the way they dress is just pure ingorance, but saying somone ones clothing is pajamas again is being racist. Anyone with common since knows that cultures outside of America may have a different style of dressing and it is accpeted here in the US. A non racist person would realize that the clothing was of native African attire that the two gentlemen are wearing in the picture, not pajamas.
Give me a break. Those were pajamas in the picture. Maybe that stuff is acceptable in public in Africa, but not here. If I were raised in a nudist colony and I wore my "native attire" to the mall, would you not make fun of me?

Quote:
- The picture of the Hispanics sitting in the mall with the caption that read, "reminds me of a jail yard" why was that said?
Because it was funny. And it would have been just as funny if it were a group of whites who were questionably dressed and had those same hardened looks on their faces.

Quote:
I don't care what you say that site is completely racist and just plain ignorant and the whole intent to bring it up on this post was racist. It should be against the law to even have a site like that showing innocent people with false statments regarding them.
If you don't care what I say, why take the time to create that long response? Regarding the race thing, once again, you were the first one to bring it up -- yet it is apparently the rest of us who are racist. Makes no sense to me.

You think that web site should be against the law, huh? So in addition to being a race-baiter, you don't think too much of the First Amendment. Also, I don't see one word on that site that could be classified as a "false statement."

Quote:
Yes the Harlem Renassiance was in the 1920's and yes it may have had its problems 30 to 40 years ago, but today is today, when was the last time you have visted Harlem or known anyone who has visited, things have changed for the better, but you wouldn't care because it is a "Black" neighborhood. Antioch has never been like the Harlem of the 1970's, there is no way you can even say it is or ever has been.
Antioch has taken on overly exagerated bad press over the past several years due to false claims of crime in the area due to people like you. Seeing people color makes you think crime... Antioch is already a beatiful area and is currently undergoing a revitilization to make it even more beautiful place to live, no need to go into detail for people like you though...Though you though all of Antioch was your apartment complex and Hickory Hollow mall, and Harding and Nolensville Rd. which aren't even Antioch, I must admit, maybe you didn't realize Antioch is much bigger than those few areas you saw.
Yes, Harlem has improved since the 1980's. I would love to see the same thing happen to Antioch moving forward. However, the analogy I made was between Harlem's decline from 1930-1980 and Antioch's decline between 1980-now. Antioch hasn't come close to turning the corner at this point.

When have I once implied that Harding or Nolensville Rd. is a part of Antioch? I am extremely familiar with the boundaries of 37013, and for you to put words in my mouth just shows your desperation to get people to believe you have any idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
How else can you exlain the continuous growth in Antioch, the population is not going down at all it is it is going up and expected to continue to grow tremendously over the next 10 years. Even metro schools realize that, the only area that continuously needs new schools due to overcrowding and doesn't even have to bus students in from other areas of town to fill up the schools.
How else can you explain the numerous amout of retail space being built along Murfreesboro Rd and on Bell Rd? Or the hundreds of homes/neighborhoods still being built in the rural areas of Antioch near the lake and in the Cane Ridge area?
I mean, there must be somthing keeping people in Antioch and bringing new people to the area and it is not something bad. Just check it out, the census numbers will tell. We're still growing!
Antioch is growing, but not in a good way. Young professionals avoid the area like the plague, while the gang population there has skyrocketed in the last 10 years.

This might be the first time I've ever heard overcrowded schools brought up as a good thing when trying to convince someone to move to a certain area.

There is one thing and one thing alone that is bringing people to Antioch and keeping them there: It is DIRT cheap. So are housing projects.

Quote:
So can someone please answer the question? Why should she not move to Antioch, considering her friend wants her to come, other than an ignorant website or ingnorant comments made by people on this site who know nothing about Antioch of 2010?
Why would I recommend someone not move to Antioch? Crime is high, the gang presence is real (drive around and look at all the tagged road signs), real estate prices are declining, shopping is limited (unless you are into the type of fashion displayed on the aforementioned web site), and illegals are everywhere. If you consider my comments "ignorant," that is your opinion, but no one can say I don't know anything about "Antioch of 2010."

One more thing, Antioch. You have mentioned in previous threads that you are a teacher for MNPS. I sure hope you aren't an English teacher. I recommend proofreading your posts in the future if you're publicly going to associate yourself with Metro schools, considering how rotten of a reputation they already have.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:10 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
Ok, will do once Starwood Commons is open. Welcome to Starwood Commons, Nashville, Tennessee
Until then there are other new retail centers that have open through out the large Antioch area.
Lets compare Indian Lake to Providence, which is literally just over the lake from Antioch, you can see the lights from several parts of Antioch. Umm..., Providence is 10 times better than Indian Lake, or lets take a trip down to The Avenue, in Murfreesboro, don't even have to go that far down 24, we can stop 5 mins outside of Antioch in Smryna at the Colloniel Town Center, still better than Indian Lake, I mean since everyone is on the Metro tip now, all those areas are still with in close vicinity to Antioch, and Hickory Hollow still has a lot to offer to those who like what they have,and Antioch and the Antioch area, I-24 corridor continues to grow and add new stuff year after year. But why are we comparing Antioch to Hendersonville anywas? Sumner county vs. Davidson, a totally different ball game...
By the way, there is a bus route in Antioch, as the original question was asked to stay on topic.
Providence and The Avenue are not in Antioch, making them irrelevant to this discussion. Since you brought them up though, why not explain to everyone how retailers are leaving Hickory Hollow in droves to relocate to these other shopping centers in nicer, lower crime communities.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:45 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,506 times
I actually think it's pretty bad that people from Antioch are traveling outside of their community to shop. All the tax dollars are going to Mt Juliet and Murfreesboro instead of back into your own neighborhood.

As for Indian Lake, it's very nice and growing. Providence has too many big box stores and is very spread out. I like Indian Lake's design a bit more. The Avenue in Murfreesboro is much bigger than Indian Lake but that's to be expected in a city that is more than TWICE the size of Hendersonville, lol.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:16 PM

106 posts, read 175,312 times
Is Antioch a seperate city from Nashville?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:22 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,506 times
No it's a community within Nashville.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
The caption underneath the picture of the Obama shirt read, "If you need a Pro-Bama t-shirt, you can certainly find one here." Apparently everyone except me knows that was a racist statement, because I don't see it. Since you're so good at determining people's intentions, why don't you explain to us what people meant when they constantly ridiculed and bashed George W. Bush?

Give me a break. Those were pajamas in the picture. Maybe that stuff is acceptable in public in Africa, but not here. If I were raised in a nudist colony and I wore my "native attire" to the mall, would you not make fun of me?

Because it was funny. And it would have been just as funny if it were a group of whites who were questionably dressed and had those same hardened looks on their faces.

If you don't care what I say, why take the time to create that long response? Regarding the race thing, once again, you were the first one to bring it up -- yet it is apparently the rest of us who are racist. Makes no sense to me.

You think that web site should be against the law, huh? So in addition to being a race-baiter, you don't think too much of the First Amendment. Also, I don't see one word on that site that could be classified as a "false statement."

Yes, Harlem has improved since the 1980's. I would love to see the same thing happen to Antioch moving forward. However, the analogy I made was between Harlem's decline from 1930-1980 and Antioch's decline between 1980-now. Antioch hasn't come close to turning the corner at this point.

When have I once implied that Harding or Nolensville Rd. is a part of Antioch? I am extremely familiar with the boundaries of 37013, and for you to put words in my mouth just shows your desperation to get people to believe you have any idea what you're talking about.

Antioch is growing, but not in a good way. Young professionals avoid the area like the plague, while the gang population there has skyrocketed in the last 10 years.

This might be the first time I've ever heard overcrowded schools brought up as a good thing when trying to convince someone to move to a certain area.

There is one thing and one thing alone that is bringing people to Antioch and keeping them there: It is DIRT cheap. So are housing projects.

Why would I recommend someone not move to Antioch? Crime is high, the gang presence is real (drive around and look at all the tagged road signs), real estate prices are declining, shopping is limited (unless you are into the type of fashion displayed on the aforementioned web site), and illegals are everywhere. If you consider my comments "ignorant," that is your opinion, but no one can say I don't know anything about "Antioch of 2010."

One more thing, Antioch. You have mentioned in previous threads that you are a teacher for MNPS. I sure hope you aren't an English teacher. I recommend proofreading your posts in the future if you're publicly going to associate yourself with Metro schools, considering how rotten of a reputation they already have.
Pimpy, Please Give It Up! All I can say is I will pray that God will put some love in your heart, and those like you, so that you will learn love everyone and learn how to embrace those who may be from a different culture than you. If the people in Hendersonville are anything like you, which I hope not, I would never recommend living there to anyone. I mean, you do not realize how racist all your post are and you never can find any statistical data to back up any of your false shallow claims about Antioch, so just Give It UP!

Old 07-15-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Providence and The Avenue are not in Antioch, making them irrelevant to this discussion. Since you brought them up though, why not explain to everyone how retailers are leaving Hickory Hollow in droves to relocate to these other shopping centers in nicer, lower crime communities.
No it is not irrelevant, Providence and Indian Lake are the same type of malls, not even owned by CBL, Hickory Hollows owner, so therefore Providence and Indian Lake are more of a comparison rather than Indian Lake, an outlet mall which opened in the 2000's vs. Hickory Hollow, an indoor mall which opened in the late 70's. Big difference.

Last edited by Antioch; 07-15-2010 at 05:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville