U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:00 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
783 posts, read 1,927,640 times
Default What Cell Phone Service Has The Best Coverage in Nashville Area?

I've been reading the Knoxville thread on this, and wondered about Nashville, as we're considering Nashville as well as Knoxville area.

This question would include the areas surrounding the city also.

Thanks!

blessings, Shen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 08:11 AM

66 posts, read 255,943 times
I have Verizon and love it. I have been with them for about 5 years and have never had a problem. I have heard from coworkers and friends that Sprint and Nextel are not good in the area, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:24 AM

389 posts, read 2,494,514 times
I also have Verizon and absolutely love it!!! Have had them for about 2 years now and not a single dropped call! I currently live in Florida and have visited our land in the Nashville area several times in the past year, but have literally driven across the country from Florida to California, and I think on the whole drive, there was one spot with scratchy service, other than that it has been fantastic.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, Cingular is my biggest enemy in phone world I had Cingular for years and years (since before it was actually Cingular and the service got terrible when they took it over) it was the absolute worst service and customer service EVER! I would never, ever recommend them to anybody. Though I know there are people out there who have Cingular and love it, I had nothing but trouble. They had some great promotional rate plans that can't be beat, but when you can't use your minutes because your service sucks, what good is it? You're actually paying more because you are paying for a plan you can't fully use.....I could go on and on, but I will end with this, when I called to cancel my plan with them, the woman argued with me insisting I have good service where I live (like she would know better than I) and in the middle of the conversation.....yup......my phone dropped the call and I got to start it all over again

Old 06-24-2007, 09:42 AM

66 posts, read 255,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I had Cingular for years and years (since before it was actually Cingular and the service got terrible when they took it over) it was the absolute worst service and customer service EVER!
Wow! I had the same thing happen to me. The rudest people I have ever dealt with. They lied to me about my coverage when I moved. I ended up having to pay out hundreds of dollars to get out of my contracts. TERRIBLE! Verizon on the other hand has been a breath of fresh air. They are always nice and helpful. I don't have any plans to change.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:05 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
783 posts, read 1,927,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topropeprincess View Post
I have heard from coworkers and friends that Sprint and Nextel are not good in the area, but I don't have any personal experience with them.
Oh no! LOL - Figures! We just signed up and renewed on a 2 year subscription with Sprint Nextel!!
Going by their online map of coverage, Sprint covers alot of areas that Nextel doesn't, plus my bro-in law got a new Sprint phone that gets so much better coverage than his old Nextel phone. So, I guess we'll find out when we come down.

And, if all else fails, we'll pay the penalty to break the 2 year contract, and go with whatever plan gives the best coverage for whatever area we decide on.

Thanks!

blessings, Shen

Old 06-25-2007, 07:43 AM

209 posts, read 471,608 times
I had Sprint for a long time and they were fine in Nashville. I now have T-mobile which is awful. I can't even make a call from my house with them! I have to drive about 1/2 mile to get a signal.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:45 AM

225 posts, read 821,345 times
In my business, I MUST have a cell phone that works! I use Verizon and find it very reliable. Occasionally, I will have voice mails that get trapped in cyberspace and are delayed getting to me. Other than that, I really have no service issues. DO NOT get a Nextel. They have terrible reception in this area!

Old 06-30-2007, 03:42 PM

3 posts, read 12,405 times
The V works very well very pleased witht he service

Old 07-01-2007, 10:40 AM

290 posts, read 704,740 times
Default Verizon works for me too.

I have Verizon and not only does it work well in Nashville, I had great coverage on a 5,200 mile road trip this past year through Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky. I traveled into Alberta, Canada from Montana for a day, but did not have service there. Also, I have a data card for my laptop and was able to connect to the internet while tent camping in Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks. Verizon's service is great!

Old 07-03-2007, 10:36 PM

319 posts, read 888,448 times
Let'S ALL get "IN"....

No company BUT Verizon!! My better half even gets through when in the Outer Banks..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville