Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 08:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

To rent, you should look at the Alara Brook and Alara Farms apartments on Carothers Blvd in Cool Springs, Wyndchase at Aspen Grove, Franklin Oaks on Royal Oaks Blvd., The Landings on Moores Lane, and Camden Commons at Gateway Village on Franklin Road at Lynnwood Way/Moores Lane.

You also might find a condo for rent in the Brentwood Point complex on General George Patton Dr. in Cool Springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
You can check rentals on RealTracs, too. There are about 9 rentals in Franklin for under 1200 a month. Also check CraigsList. I just moved to Fieldstone Farms, and although it's probably an entry into the Williamson County School district, there don't seem to be many kids around where I live. There is a condo listed for $182,000 and 35 homes in Franklin on RealTracs between $150,000 and $200,000. I KNOW it seems like everyone lives in one of those huge houses, but they don't. Up from Fieldstone Farms (Hillsboro and Fieldstone Pkwy) is a little pocket of 1960's houses where Hillsboro meets Berry's Chapel . . . check out the neighborhood - classic one floor ranch houses with big yards, shady lawns - Brookside, Meadowgreen, Howell . . . we almost moved there but didn't want to deal with having a septic tank. And then right across the street is a big megahouse complex called Legends Ridge. Good luck and welcome to town!

Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Unless you are trying to get into Williamson Co. for the schools, I would consider the southern parts of Davidson County also. Two good zip codes are 37027 (the bordering area to Brentwood, most of these houses have a "Brentwood" address even though they are in Davidson County) and 37220.
There are currently 8 houses under 200K in 37027- mostly newer houses. One caution though- Indian Creek is close to I-24, I think the realtor mislabeled that listing.
37220- has 5 houses that are $225 and under. These are mostly mid century ranches.
You could also look at 37211- 239 houses listed for under 200K- but you definitely need an realtor to help you understand this zip code. Parts of it are great, parts of it are pretty rough. The better parts touch the other zip codes I mentioned. I took a quick glance at the real tracs list and it looked like most of the houses betwee 180-200 were in good neighborhoods.

Any of those areas would be a quick reverse commute to Cool Springs.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:51 AM

22 posts, read 42,326 times
There are actually a few choices in the areas you are looking. Wmsn4Life makes a funny point - the main roads in Franklin and Brentwood can be our driving version of "lifestyles of the rich and famous" :-) but luckily there is more variety within 5, 10, or 15 minutes too.

A few of these Craigslist rentals below are on the outskirts of Brentwood and Franklin, but most are Williamson County addresses (the last one on the list sounds like it might be close to what you described):

nashville apts/housing for rent classifieds "brentwood franklin -Bellevue" - craigslist=

Old 08-06-2010, 08:56 PM

51 posts, read 213,202 times
Thanks Kevin, I'm going to check these out. I appreciate everyone's willingness to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville