Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:12 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_and_Tori View Post
Can anyone tell me what the reputation of John Overton Comp High School is? I see a lot of nice houses for sale that feed into that district, but for some reason my gut says that may be a hidden sign.
Looks are deceiving with John Overton...its located in an area of palatial estates just outside of Brentwood but its actual zone includes some pretty rough areas and I wouldn't recommend it. The only two high schools in Nashville/Davidson that I would recommend are Hillsboro (Green Hills) and Hillwood (Bellevue).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 09:33 AM

26 posts, read 77,126 times
Kevin, thanks for the info. What is the perception of Nolensville? I see Celebration Homes is building or has already built a community out in Nolensville called "Burkitt Place" (8652 Burkitt Place Dr, Nolensville, TN). The homes are beautiful and the zoning is for Ravenwood High School. What can you tell me about the area? What about the builders "Celebration Homes LLC"? What is their reputation?

Vivelafrance, you've mentioned two schools so I'm guessing you have put in your time on these places. What, if anything, do you know about Ravenwood High School? Does anyone know much about this school's academic reputation? Thanks again to all for their help.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 AM
kar

179 posts, read 753,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_and_Tori View Post
Kevin, thanks for the info. What is the perception of Nolensville? I see Celebration Homes is building or has already built a community out in Nolensville called "Burkitt Place" (8652 Burkitt Place Dr, Nolensville, TN). The homes are beautiful and the zoning is for Ravenwood High School. What can you tell me about the area? What about the builders "Celebration Homes LLC"? What is their reputation?

Vivelafrance, you've mentioned two schools so I'm guessing you have put in your time on these places. What, if anything, do you know about Ravenwood High School? Does anyone know much about this school's academic reputation? Thanks again to all for their help.
I would not purchase a home at this point and would recommend renting until you get a feel for the area. This way you can find the perfect place.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:52 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Nolensville was always a small farm town that grew when people wanted to be in Williamson County, close to Brentwood, without paying Brentwood prices. The Nolensville planning commission was less strict than Brentwood's so they allowed developers to build large subdivisions with smaller lots, less expensive finishes etc.

Nolensville has since become a little more thoughtful about their development strategy, but it is still a small town. To get to amenities, you will drive on a lot of two-lane farm roads and highways. There are more conveniences there now than ever.

If your kids are that young, you don't need to worry about Ravenwood high school. By the time your kids enter high school, Burkitt Place will be zoned for a Nolensville high school that hasn't been built yet but will be in the next 10 years.

Ravenwood is the second highest-rated comprehensive high school in Williamson County (behind Brentwood High) that has high-achieving students and a college-prep curriculum. It also is very overcrowded, about 400 students over capacity right now.

Celebration Builders is basically the guys who used to operate Craig Construction. They specialized in relatively affordable subdivisions like Liberty Hills in Franklin and Andover Townhomes on Liberty Pike in Franklin. They use less-expensive windows and their homes have a lot of siding rather than brick, and the lots are very small, which helps keep them affordable. But the guys have always seemed legitimate.

I believe some of the Burkitt Place homes may be in Davidson County, and some were built by other builders like Regent and Drees Homes. Just get all the facts on any home you look at.

Nolensville is growing, just very slowly. It is family-oriented. But I agree that you should rent in Franklin and get a feel for the area before buying a house, especially if you're moving from out of state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville