Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 08:35 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,398,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
I am a Norwegian American and my wife is Swedish American. I know, with us both having scandinavian backgrounds, you wouldn't expect us to experience much racism but I have dark hair and blue eyes and she has blond hair and green eyes. With our son having blond hair and blue eyes, I do occasionally wonder what our neighbors are going to think.

Or maybe I will just live my life not worrying about the opinions of others...
Sarcasm much? You may not be concerned about others' experiences and that's fine. However, interracial families and relationships are a concern for those in them, and it is always a concern when moving to a new place, especially if it is a different culture. I'm not saying the South is a homogeneous mecca of intolerance or racism, but they are real concerns whether you are worried about it or not. From my experience, Nashville is a welcoming city and the op's family should have no problems living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville