U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-30-2010, 06:11 PM

9 posts, read 8,877 times

Advertisements

My husband just got a job that will be based out of Lebanon. We've been planning to move to the area for some time, but all the research I have done have been on Franklin and Murfreesboro. Would be nice to get some words of wisdom? We are still trying to sell our house in IL, so unfortunately we are pretty limited to what we can rent with still paying for a mortgage as well. We can afford around up to $800/month for a rental (looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom). Have 2 kids - 1 in kindergarten and 1 in preschool.

With that being said our #1 priority is a good school system. #2 is a family oriented, safe neighborhood/town. We like a small town/rural feel.

Does anyone know about the Cottonwood area?

Thanks for any help you can provide!! This is our DREAM, as we love & adore Tennessee
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 AM

2,900 posts, read 3,633,998 times
Not sure about Cottonwood. But I'd definitely look around Lebanon, Mt. Juliet, and if you're looking for a more rural area maybe Watertown. That would make for a very short commute to Lebanon and you should be able to find a rental for that price...though it might not be spacious. Out of those 3, Mt. Juliet will have the best schools.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:28 AM

210 posts, read 362,127 times
Cottonwood is neighborhood in Franklin. Its is a fantastic area...but for $800 you would be lucky to be able to rent an inlaw suite above someones garage. Not to mention is is on the far side of franklin and the commute to crosstown to the interstate then on to lebanon would be so not fun. I have quite a few friends that live in the Mt. Juliet area and love it. You could possible rent an appartment there for a while till you sold your home. Very family oriented area, definately more burbs then rural, but you have everything you could possible need close by. Location wise, its pretty primo for your husbands commute. Well, thats my vote. But just so you know $800 to rent a house is going to be very hard to do unless you want to live WAY of the beaten path or live in something that may or may not be fit for a human to live in.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:32 PM

13,817 posts, read 11,115,254 times
They probably mean Cottontown, between Gallatin and Portland.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:35 PM

2,900 posts, read 3,633,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
They probably mean Cottontown, between Gallatin and Portland.
I thought that too...but it didn't make sense with the geography.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:23 PM

210 posts, read 362,127 times
Yes...Cottontown would make a lot more sense huh...lol. And its a place i do not know a lot about...well nothing about actually.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:22 PM

Sorry, yes, I did mean Cottontown not Cottonwood - while I would LOVE to live in Franklin eventually. LOL.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:32 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,686,377 times
I'm from Cottontown, though it is a nice area, you'd be much better suited to focus your search in Wilson County where Lebanon is. Even going the back way down Hwy 25 to 109, I'd say it's still a good 35-40 minutes to Lebanon without traffic from Cottontown.

Courtney

Old 10-02-2010, 12:38 AM

36 posts, read 39,014 times
yea cottontown isnt really a good commute if youre going to be coming to lebanon.

i live in lebanon. even tho theres like 25k-30k people here you can get the small town feel if you want it. if you want an actual small town thats closer than cottontown, you could look at watertown. probably a 15-20 min ride to the center of town with good traffic. ive had summer jobs with the county school system, the schools arent that bad there, they recently built a new elementary school. in lebanon itself there are two districts, wilson county schools (which covers most in the county) and LSSD (lebanon special school district which has a few schools in lebanon itself). i worked for WCS but you cant go wrong with either, i attended LSSD schools when i was younger

cant help with renting costs but thats my opinion on schools

Old 10-02-2010, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the help! We'll be down there this week - does Murfreesboro seem like it would be an issue with traffic for the drive from there to Lebanon. A 30 minute commute would be okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville