Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 08:52 PM

70 posts, read 330,144 times

Advertisements

So I know that the music scene in Nashville is HUGE... lots of artists and stuff down there... the symphony... the whole shebang. But how good is the symphony?

And on a much more somber note (no pun intended... hahahahaha... I crack me up. At least that's one of us. ), how bad is the crime? There's only so much you can tell from statistics, and I want to know where the crime is. Is it just concentrated in a few drug-and-gang-infested areas, or is it evenly spread out so the whole city is scared ****less?

Thanks! Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 10:51 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
The symphony is world-class. And they have a new home that recognizes that fact. You might be surprised however by just how little the average Nashvillian pays attention to the country music scene. It's just a small segment of the economy.

There are areas of the city where the crime is much worse than others. Of course, any sort of crime can occur anywhere these days (especially in a city), but most people are not affected on a daily basis. I've lived or worked in Nashville for almost 30 years and the only crime I've had to deal with personally was having a lawn mower stolen several years ago. If someone lives in certain areas, hangs out in certain bars and clubs, engages in certain activities, or works in certain types of employment (for example, working at a convenience store), then their chances of being a victim goes way up.

But, again, anything can happen. A friend and neighbor was murdered a few years ago. He ran a small local market; one day a drug-head came in with a shotgun demanding money and the owner ended up shot. I think that's been the worse crime in my neighborhood that's occurred since I've lived here.

Last edited by alleycat; 07-05-2007 at 11:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville