Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 05:16 PM

3 posts, read 18,487 times

Advertisements

I am looking at relocating from Denver, CO to Nashville with my husband and two dogs. We are both in our mid-late twenties and we are looking for an area that is close to downtown, but is also reasonably affordable and is close to some shops and restaurants. On my last trip to Nashville, I started looking at the Lenox Village area. Is that a safe area? Is traffic bad to get to the true downtown area? Any additional feedback on the community? Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,144,894 times
According to the Crime Map, it looks pretty safe to me: Crime Watch | Data Services | Tennessean

You must have a pretty liberal idea of what constitues "close to downtown," though -- that area is over 10 miles away. I guess I'm jaded by living 2 miles from downtown, but I don't imagine that the commute down Nolensville Pike is very pleasant in the evening.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,123 times
Funny as I am searching for information on moving from TN to Co. I used to live in Nashville (Hillsboro Village, Bellvue, east Nashville) and of those I would recommend Hillsboro Village. It is close to downtown but offers what you suggested. I have many friends who still live in Lennox Village and I don't think that is Nashville. It is a nice suburb close to Brentwood and Cool Springs but if you want the daily life of Nashville move closer. Nashville is a fantastic city but a job situation carried me to Memphis where I find myself unsatisfied so "go west young man, go west". I find myself excited at the opportunity to live in Denver. Happy Hunting

Old 12-09-2010, 09:01 AM

228 posts, read 528,434 times
Mjokeefe81 has a fair take on Lenox Village for you. It’s an excellent community, especially for interacting and seeing your neighbors, but it’s not real convenient to Nashville (say West End or Downtown areas). Can you buy for under $150 or have a ton of choices under $200,000 – YES. Can you get to a Pred’s game in ten minutes? Not even close - it’ll feel closer to 30 minutes.

It does have shops and restaurants that you can walk to every night. It does have huge community involvement in these local businesses (for instance, Menchie’s and Pie in the Sky are always attracting a crowd), Saturday Farmer’s Market, and all kind of ongoing events. You’ll see more runners and dog walkers and evening diners than cars after the commute. It’s really been a welcome surprise to see how well the developers planned for this kind of urban, convenient lifestyle.

Have you also considered the Market District near downtown? It’s newer and needs to get established a bit more, but its crazy convenient to all of the downtown events and really an easy cab ride to anything happening in Nashville. East Nashville has several individual areas that may be worthwhile for you to consider (almost all within minutes to five points, or a quick 10 munite jump to downtown itself), or one that gets overlooked too often by newcomers – the Nippers Corner area of south Nashville? Not considered as sexy as the others, but amazingly convenient day in and day out - and affordable.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:44 PM

Smile Thank you!

Thank you everyone for your responses. Looks like we are officially moving in April 2011. I choose the Lenox Village area orginally because my office will be located in Cool Springs. I am trying to avoid a long commute to but still want to be able to access the downtown areas without a 30 minute drive and have the oppurtunity to buy in around the 250k price range. My biggest cocerns are safety. Reading some other posts, there does not seem to be too many fans of the Antioch area and it is important to live in an area where I feel safe. Keep the suggestions coming and thank you for all the advice!

Old 12-10-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjokeefe81 View Post
Funny as I am searching for information on moving from TN to Co. I used to live in Nashville (Hillsboro Village, Bellvue, east Nashville) and of those I would recommend Hillsboro Village. It is close to downtown but offers what you suggested. I have many friends who still live in Lennox Village and I don't think that is Nashville. It is a nice suburb close to Brentwood and Cool Springs but if you want the daily life of Nashville move closer. Nashville is a fantastic city but a job situation carried me to Memphis where I find myself unsatisfied so "go west young man, go west". I find myself excited at the opportunity to live in Denver. Happy Hunting
Good luck on your move! CO is wonderful. Let me know if you are in need of any advice!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:49 AM

210 posts, read 587,720 times
You could get a condo, townhouse or even a single family home in the 250k range that is actually in cool springs. You would be right next to work, have EVERYTHING you could need or want right out your front door and the commute to downtown is 15 min (during non rush hour times). Just throwing that out there. I don't know one person in the cool springs area that dislikes living here. If you need any links to properties let me know, they are an easy realtracs search away!!

Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM

228 posts, read 528,434 times
Lenox Village is great and I hope that you enjoy the process of searching there (we actually enjoy walking to the restaurants and functions quite a bit). @JennTenn makes a good point about you having options to choose from closer to work and directly in Cool Springs too though.

On Realtor.com or our local MLS provider Realtracs.com you might look into condo/townhome communities like Andover, Ashton Park, Aspen Grove, Brentwood Pointe, and McKay’s Mill or individual home communities like Falcon Creek, Breckenridge, Golden Meadows, McKay’s Mill, Liberty Hills, and even Royal Oaks (little further).

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville