Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 09:35 PM

60 posts, read 189,814 times

Advertisements

1. I was wondering if anyone had a water softener in the Smyrna/Murfreesboro area, and if so who/what did you go with and are you happy?
  2. Has anyone noticed a change in the water quality in the Smyrna/Murfreesboro area? Just recently, my dishes and whole inside of my dishwasher has started with a white film.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 AM

764 posts, read 2,549,250 times
Not here, but we had one in our old house in Mt. Juliet. I really, really miss having a whole-house softener system - it made a huge difference in so many areas. Until we can do some serious remodeling we just don't have room for one in this house, unfortunately. Can't say I've noticed a difference in water quality lately. I've always had a white film in my dishwasher from the hard water. We drink & cook with filtered water so I've nothing to compare to that, either.

I can't remember the brand we had but 2 of my friends have Rainsoft and have no complaints.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:41 AM

Thanks for the info... I did a little more research and found out that 16 or 17 states have required (TN was not listed) that phosphates be removed from automatic dishwasher detergent. The majority of them required it to be removed as of July 1. I called the company that makes Electrasol and they said that they have an additive called Glass Magic that still has the phosphates. Anyway, there were numerous news articles that I discovered where people were having the same problem that I have been and it only became apparent after using the new dishwasher formulas.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:11 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,229 times
I had the same problem when I moved here. Now I use Finish Quantum
FINISH® QUANTUMATIC

It works fantastic. My glasses are pretty spotless and my dishes are shiny again.
I still use a dishwasher cleaner from time to time.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the info...that's what someone else told me to try to use...the Finish stuff... but they told me the Finish Tabs. My heating element on my d/w was caked in the hard white stuff. It is only a year old!!! Someone told me to take lemonade flavored kool-aid and run it in the d/w. I used 4 packets, and it worked!!!!

I am still going to look in to getting a water softener, so if anyone has a good idea as to where to go in the area and which one to get, keep the ideas coming...

Last edited by one2think; 11-20-2010 at 11:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville