Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:50 PM

215 posts, read 681,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Oh, I understood what you were saying. I'm just saying not all people are uncomfortable around the "other" group. To me, feeling comfortable is all about having nice neighbors in a safe area. I don't really give a damn what their politics are.
I understand what you're getting at nashvols, it's just that's not how most people feel though when they choose where to live at. I'm trying to say that most people who are anything but left-wingers (libertarians,conservatives,and fans of the American Third Position party) prefer to live in Nashville's suburbs, and I respect that.

Last edited by goodman2; 03-21-2011 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: Needed To Change Something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 03:58 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eefrog View Post
Thanks LesterW for your input on schools.
I do understand that Merrol Hyde magent school would be very high standard since they are picking their student population and exclusively picking only bright students.

What data do you have that suggests Station Camp and other Hendersonville schools are in the same league as Merrol Hyde magnet school?

Also, how would you rank these elementary schools in order of ranking? From my research so far, Jack Anderson, Indian Lake and Beech are the best elementary schools in Hendersonville. I hope to have the best public schools narrowed down so I can focus on finding a rental property in that school zone.

As for the social orientation of the city. I do not mind that the city is conservative, and white. What I hope is that city is mostly tolerant, respectful and non-discriminatory.

I hope to hear back some more useful information on the schools.
Those are all great schools and I don't think you could go wrong with any 3 but from personal experience I can say that Beech is excellent. It's also very convenient that the elementary, middle, and high schools are right together. This is also a very beautiful area of Hendersonville. You might also check out Madison Creek Elementary which is technically in Goodlettsville but zones to Beech schools.

Personally I don't think Station Camp, Hendersonville, or Beech are necessarily in the same league as Merol Hyde because its a different type of school. I mean there are many parents with gifted children or children who get very good grades that don't even consider Merol Hyde because they want their kids in a traditional school and these schools still offer gifted and enrichment programs at all levels and AP and dual enrollment classes at the HS level. However, if you want the extra enrichment and a more tailored education to your child's learning method and interests Merol Hyde is the way to go.

I'm a very liberal foreigner who has lived many years in Hendersonville with no issue. I don't mind many people that agree with my views but I find even less who are not at least tolerant of them.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:18 PM

21 posts, read 53,205 times
Thank you viavalafrance for staying on the topic and providing some valuable feedback on the schools.
We will be visiting Nashville, this coming Friday and hope to visit some neighborhoods around these elementary schools.
Please let me know, what subdivisions are nice around beech elementary, and station camp?
As always thanks for all your help.
Eefrog

Old 06-17-2012, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,128 times
did you found one, it the same with me i am looking for good school for my children i think i will register them on sunset elementary on brentwood but , there is no home for rent around.
i understand you it not easy job to find home and nice school as well.
please update me

Old 06-17-2012, 12:11 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,670 times
Most folks don't know wth left wing, right wing is........

Old 06-17-2012, 02:36 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,700,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Most folks don't know wth left wing, right wing is........
Unless you are a chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville